Motor Swaps

WolfGod_5_99

5+ Year Member
HyPnOtIk said:
a b18 will fit into just about any honda . if you want an h22 for anything 95 and below it will be a drag car . the h22 motor is to big to fit anything you would need to steer an everyday driver on the roads .

WRONG, the H22 is only about 80lbs heavier then a B18 if i remember correctly, and i have one in my hatch that i daily drive to work 50 miles a day and i love it, i get damn near 50 MPG when im easy on the throttle and she's quick as hell when i want it to be, i love it

please dont post about swaps you have no experience with and no solid info about and make everyone think it's a piece of s**t

i can post a thread right now if i can find it where a rally driver (i think it was a rally driver or something close) drove a guy's H22 hatch and was very impressed, he even went as far as saying he might get one in place of his ITR swap with how well he liked it

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WolfGod_5_99 said:
WRONG, the H22 is only about 80lbs heavier then a B18 if i remember correctly, and i have one in my hatch that i daily drive to work 50 miles a day and i love it, i get damn near 50 MPG when im easy on the throttle and she's quick as hell when i want it to be, i love it

please dont post about swaps you have no experience with and no solid info about and make everyone think it's a piece of s**t

i can post a thread right now if i can find it where a rally driver (i think it was a rally driver or something close) drove a guy's H22 hatch and was very impressed, he even went as far as saying he might get one in place of his ITR swap with how well he liked it
he is not really THAT wrong as u supersized it :lol:

typically a h22 will b better as a drag car...
and its not 80 lbs heavier than a B..prolly less..
yet it still puts a lot of perssure on the front...why? because it also sitsa lot front than the b series motors..
u'll have to do significant upgrade to the suspension and braking system to get it to handle like say a civic type r...

what u fail to realize is that B series were made for civics...h22 however was not...

on a road race or rally...a ctr or any civbic with a b series will own the h22..unless the h22 is done right and has a shitload of $$$$ in it...

don't be so quick to say some1 is wrong ;)

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
he is not really THAT wrong as u supersized it :lol:

typically a h22 will b better as a drag car...
and its not 80 lbs heavier than a B..prolly less..
yet it still puts a lot of perssure on the front...why? because it also sitsa lot front than the b series motors..
u'll have to do significant upgrade to the suspension and braking system to get it to handle like say a civic type r...

what u fail to realize is that B series were made for civics...h22 however was not...

on a road race or rally...a ctr or any civbic with a b series will own the h22..unless the h22 is done right and has a shitload of $$$$ in it...

don't be so quick to say some1 is wrong ;)

RIGHT... heheh soryy had to do it, but yea this is correct and as this thread points out this has been discussed exhaustivily already in many threads.

WolfGod_5_99

5+ Year Member
my point was that he more then likely has no personal experience with an H series into a hatch and he's basicly saying its a worthless swap and it's not

i've been driveing mine for about 6 months and i love it, and i have no problem getting it to handle well and i've put almost jack into brakes or suspension

im not disagreeing that they'd make good drag car's, but there not useless as a daily driver either and you dont need to be rich to get it to handle well

i've had many other car's that have handled a hell of a lot worse then this and they were done right and had quite a bit of money into em

anyway back to my original point, which is the H22 is not so heavy or so far forward that it makes the car useless for anything other then a drag car.. you want somethin like that, try a 1974 datsun 260Z with a V-8 swap, now that is almost a pure drag car and almost undriveable safely on anything other then hot summer day's with nice dry roads

and by the way, no i dont "fail to realize" that B-series were made for it and H were not, but just because something is not made for somethin else does not mean it wont work without an assload of money put into it

WolfGod_5_99

5+ Year Member
Found what i was looking for, instead of linking i'll just post the post i was refering too, if anyone wants the link they can ask for it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newman

Road Racing my H22 Civic on stock suspension.... « » 2:45 PM 5/11/2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, not entirely stock, but running Tokico HP shocks (blues), Ground Control Civic spring rates (400/300), NO sway bars, and on stock CX brakes. Took my car out to Buttonwillow the other day for Track Day (great turn out) and took my car out on the course. I had Nitto drag radials up front, crap street tires in the rear. Now for how it handled....
It actually handled pretty good. I left the car in 3rd gear for 2 straight laps and never had to down shift (had to upshift a few times) but even on tight turns, I dropped down to 2000 rpms and it pulled right out in 3rd gear like a champ. The back end was loose but expected w/out sway bars (or weight... car is completed gutted) and there was a lot of chassis roll felt (soft suspension). I had a few experienced auto-x/road race drivers drive my car as I rode shotgun... wow, they drove my car to it's fullest potential and took the turns very smoothly. After they drove, all they could say was that IT WAS FAST! One said that you couldn't use the full potential of the motor because of my suspension setup but he really enjoyed driving my car (and drove it again later that afternoon). The other person (who drives a EG hatch w/ITR swap) was also very impressed and is now seriously considering getting a H22 and ditching his ITR swap... no joke either. He had doubts before with handling & drivability on a H22 Civic so I let him take my car out of for a spin. Granted it wasn't the best handling thing with the current suspension setup but he knew that and was very impressed on how the H22 felt - and all this guy does is auto-x and road race (no drag racing for either of these guys).

That just goes to show you some first hand experience with a H22 Civic, with almost stock suspension, on a road race course. With some suspension tuning, it can be a real killer on the track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now, refering back to something blazed was saying, the H22 does not sit that far forward and is actuly leaning back a bit, at least in my car it is.. people say axle problems this, handleing problems that, fitmint issue's blah, but the only reason everyone b***h's is just because they cant do the work involved and sort out the things you have to think of when you do something as drastic as swaping in a motor that was never designed to go into the car your putting it in, so they say its a piece of crap and then rumours like this start

anyway, that's all i'll say about it, and i hope that there are some people out there willing to do the work involved and actuly make there own opinions instead of following the advice of people who have never even had first hand experience with what there talking about

i love my H22 swap, tons of power, tons of tourqe and lots of fun.. lots of work involved in doing the swap, but it pays out in the end in my opinion

my GSR swap wasnt nearly as fast or fun and they handle just the same

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha dude we r not haters of the h22 swap..we all have different preferences..
yes h22 is faster than the gsr out of the box..every1 knows this..ur not saying anything new..

as for ur 1 encounter of some1 with a h22 swap and tokico blue and other crap..pardon me for not giving a shyt...
that car with a gsr or ctr or even a b16a will outperform that h22 with that same suspension set up...

quit arguing about bullcrap and stop reviving 50 year old threads..if u wanna continue a discussion on the subject make another thread ;)

WolfGod_5_99

5+ Year Member
this is why i hate hondas, every pussy has one and he think's he's bad ass because of it, bring me a B-series swap that can outperform my car and i'll shut my mouth, i didnt realize how old the thread was when i posted in it because it was a sticky so it was at the top

im not argueing about anything im just pointing something out that your obviously to much of a d**k to even think about

my entire point was to say that they are just fine for DD use and more and not just a drag car

later

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WolfGod_5_99 said:
this is why i hate hondas, every pussy has one and he think's he's bad ass because of it, bring me a B-series swap that can outperform my car and i'll shut my mouth, i didnt realize how old the thread was when i posted in it because it was a sticky so it was at the top

im not argueing about anything im just pointing something out that your obviously to much of a d**k to even think about

my entire point was to say that they are just fine for DD use and more and not just a drag car

later
Hey there is no reason to start calling people names, he's not a d**k because he disagrees with you, calm down, and you’ll never convince anyone of anything if you are so confrontational. Sure he said he didn’t give a s**t but that was not a personal attack on you he was just making his stance on the subject clear. All I am saying is that you diminish your credibility when get all defensive and resort to name calling.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WolfGod_5_99 said:

later
wow. homie, you need to calm down a lil bit. not sure what this was all sparked from. i just see that you need to chill out a lil. ya, youre right, everyone has hondas. some are swapped, some are not. thats life. just go on, its only the internet.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WolfGod_5_99 said:
this is why i hate hondas, every pussy has one and he think's he's bad ass because of it....
umm... for one, you drive a HONDA civic w/ a h22 swap, and two, does that make you a pussy? or a badass? :lol: ... seriously, no one thinks their a badass because they drive a honda...well, maybe some...but everyone on here knows the capabilities of a honda and no one here thinks they're a badass because of it.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WolfGod_5_99 said:

later
hahahha...i can throw it right back at u saying that u r one of the ignorant h22 swapped honda owners that think u can take any b series :roll:
i know many b series that will hand ur ass to u on the drag strip and on the road course...
all motor cars with no f/i...

ur entire point has changed in every post.

Please stop wasting the sites bandwidth.

Thanks.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wolfgod, stop with the name calling...everyone has an opinion....if you want to voice yours, do it without being a jerk to the rest of the site :thumbs up

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h22 civics are ghey :pimp:

...that's why I drive one and love it ;)

Last edited:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wh0ring in the tech sections :nono:

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Swap info to add...When I did this swap three or four years ago It was hard information to come by, hope it helps someone.

Chassis: 92 Civic CX Hatch (OBD1)

Engine: 00 B16A2 (OBD2)

Must haves: OBD1 Dizzy, OBD1 Engine Wiring Harness w/VTEC, OBD1 Injectors, OBD1 Alternator (Rewiring the OBD2 Alternator is also an option).

Of course there are other things you will need but theses are some essentials you will need to convert the engine from OBD2 to OBD1, also just a footnote if your looking for an EG chassis most EG chassis that were built in 1992 were pre-wired for VTEC stock so this will eliminate the hassle of running your VTEC wires through your firewall. Keep in mind this is just information about the wiring issues I had ran into, the rest of the swap is common stuff to B series swaps.

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kingpin45 said:
Does anybody with an H22 run nitrous, what do you think stock internals can handle I am thinking a 75 shot

well i know if u get it tuned.......a buddy of mine has a bone stock h22 and hondata with an 80 shot and its been runnin strong for like 2 years? maybe less anyways he went 12.8? @ 116 on slicks

tpatterson02

" B20 VTEC "
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys are right H22's are the s**t. i dont know what i would do without it. i have a H22 in my 95 coupe.

Junpei

5+ Year Member
Get a B18C1. Not a H22. Reason being H22's will make your car front heavy and ultamatly end up destroying your suspension and center of gravity, thus not giving you the full potentall of the engine.