My 96 Civic LX Sedan

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad its running better, tuned in for the new pics i need to get new pics of mine up done a little bit of stuff waiting to finsh a few little things before anymore pictures though. Thats pretty funny about your sons nap time being the car time thats respect for you man in my book. Your prioritys in good order.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad its running better, tuned in for the new pics i need to get new pics of mine up done a little bit of stuff waiting to finsh a few little things before anymore pictures though. Thats pretty funny about your sons nap time being the car time thats respect for you man in my book. Your prioritys in good order.
I love my son, he is only 2 yrs old & can't help daddy just yet with the car, his first car will be a project car for sure.

So here is an update, found these 17" Moteghi rims on CL for $100, my question is are they worth it?, I plan on painting them gun metal if I get them, here are pics linked from CL.

Craigslist Ad

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well those rims didn't work out, lug pattern was for a 5 lug multi not a 4, I should have known from the pics but I wasn't sure, the rims up close had no curb rash, just dirty from brake dust, damn I'm not happy these didn't fit!

emerican

Registered VIP
Sucks about the rims man, but keep an eye out i know on GA cl 4 lug universals pop up all the time.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How about wheels like these, I know these may not be the best but I'm not racing it, just going with style for now, I want to get your opinion on these pics below, post what number in your reply.

Unless I find a good price used with nice tires I'm gonna have to go with 17" so I can transfer my new tires.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A bit of good news, my headlights came in today! Might put them on this weekend but I have to see what kind of time I have. @ 1SIKCIVIC, I think your right about the black, here are virtual pics.

Silver

Black

Here are my lights

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love gold on black. its my personal favorite.

what about white or takata green wheels? Do something a little different

emerican

Registered VIP
I would do white before i did green, but sometimes that crazy different stuff looks really good.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm staying away from colors for right now, either going white, silver or gunmetal, if I had money to spend I would get royal blue & black rims but the ones I like are $190 a piece, I'm on a budget untill I go back to work full time.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BTW, lowering springs, should I do 2.0 in the back & 2.5 in the front?

emerican

Registered VIP
I would lower it an even amount all the way around and i feel ya on the budget and the wheel choice.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, white looks best i think. my car has white now if you want to see what it will look like. And that drop sounds good. You will need new struts then too that can take the drop. I personally dont like even drops, i like a semi raked look

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would lower it an even amount all the way around and i feel ya on the budget and the wheel choice.
Budget is key! :D

Ok, white looks best i think. my car has white now if you want to see what it will look like. And that drop sounds good. You will need new struts then too that can take the drop. I personally dont like even drops, i like a semi raked look
I like the semi raked look as well, I'm gonna wait a bit to do it, it will be a summer project.

So got my wire in finally in the mail today, it was supposed to be here wednesday but was delayed due to severe weather in the north, I'm also waiting on LED's for the dash & some new tweeters.

Here are some things I have painted under the hood.

:D

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here are some rims I will be looking at tomorrow...

I talked the guy down from $400 to $275, I don't need the tires & they cam off of a 95 Civic, what do you think about gunmetal?

emerican

Registered VIP
I like the painting things under the hood i will be doing a little of that shortly since the header and a few other things took my money so cant buy any new parts right now.
What paint did you use high temp i hope.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the painting things under the hood i will be doing a little of that shortly since the header and a few other things took my money so cant buy any new parts right now.
What paint did you use high temp i hope.
Yes, I used high temp, it's actually called ford blue, I like mustangs so it's kind of fitting for me, also going to paint the bracket the holds the fuel filter the same color & any other parts I can remover easily, I'm gonna do the valve cover when I get a whole day to work on it.