My 99 Coupe Build Project 2-----New Paint, Motor ETC

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah ok. yeah must be the knob because my dual bend b&m on my old d series looked like it sat more straight up and down.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah ok. yeah must be the knob because my dual bend b&m on my old d series looked like it sat more straight up and down.
I have a blox knob in my Jeep that sits lower then the GSR knob but I like the blox knob in the Jeep. The gsr knob can stay in the Honda, plus it helps being a little taller. Im a tall dude and I have the seat all the way back so the higher the shifter the better. But the OEM shifters just don't feel right so I alway install short shifters in my cars. I could weld on to the short shifter to make the knob sit higher but it's at a good place now where its at.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finished putting the fenders back on, installed side skirts, wing and taillights. I will be taking some of this back off when I get to the shop where the car is getting painted. But for now I have to wait till a car in front of me gets finished being sprayed and then mine is next.

I dread painting it I have little patience but hopefully it will be fun and I will be saving a lot of money doing it myself.

Also installed 99-00 SI Seats.

Like always the camera was in the house but I will get pics soon. Car is almost completely put back together and actually road worthy. Although the outside won't be painted yet the jams and engine bay have been :D

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here are a few pics.

I am going to DMV today to get tags for the car. All exterior pieces I have that were different colors are now black. I will be driving the car around, breaking in the motor until it's time to take it to get painted. Like I said the jams and bay are all done. Now just waiting to finish the rest of the car and then she is COMPLETE

Swapped in SI seats

Fenders are on, front end is all lined up and ready to go.

Need to adjust the ride height so the front and rear match each other, but she is ready for the road. Have to install rear bumper and do some odds and ins but I can move her out of the garage now.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my hats off to you, i could not follow through with such a project, keep going and keep us updated

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks a fackload better!!!!!
Thanks man

my hats off to you, i could not follow through with such a project, keep going and keep us updated
Thanks, I actually drove the car into work today. I will post pics of it actually outside and not in the garage. I have a rattle coming from the exhaust right now, I think its a heat shield. Other then that annoying sound at certain RPM's it drives and sounds great. The valves need to be adjusted but it runs good.

Waiting to find a PS pump and bracket, the one I got doesn't fit my ps line, so I am driving the car right now with no PS which isn't that bad but I like my PS.

Just waiting to get it painted now. The jams and engine bay look good out in the sunlight and you can see the flake in the paint.

I had a lot of head turners today just starring at the car. Felt good to be driving a car and not the Jeep everyday. Although the Jeep gets it stares to with the lift and bigger/wider tires.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
More pictures added with the car outside

Here is a little relapse on what it looked like before

After

Got rid of the n1 style muffler for a flowmaster. Pipes are 2.5in with a resonator installed and a jdm ITR 4-1 header.

Thats all I have now. Just waiting on getting it painted now.

JDMable

5+ Year Member
What's up Where in VA you live, I have some extra fog light covers too if you need some. One of them has a rock chip in it but if you need them I'll be more then happy to hook you up. Car has come a long way and can't wait to see it done. PM me if you are interetsed.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
car is lookin good man it came a long way
Thanks man, should be going in the paint shop soon. I know I keep saying that but I had to help a friend do a wire tuck and install a ls/vtec, hahaha my ls/vtec swap. Some may say why some may agree, but I traded my ls/vtec swap to a friend for a d16z6, 70,000 miles, t3.t4 setup, 450cc injectors tuned on crome, adj fpr, adj cam gear, two extra trannies and dude will finish body work and paint my car.

I did this because the head on the ls/vtec was making noises, noises I didn't feel like fixing and I don't sell my cars half ass'd. Plus the d-series is putting down more power then my ls/vtec setup and who can resist boost?

:thumbs up For all the work put into the car, looks alot better now.
Def a lot of work and a little more to go.

What's up Where in VA you live, I have some extra fog light covers too if you need some. One of them has a rock chip in it but if you need them I'll be more then happy to hook you up. Car has come a long way and can't wait to see it done. PM me if you are interetsed.
No thanks man I have two set myself. I just left them off till my car is painted. I can't wait to have it done so I can put a big FOR SALE in the window. I love the car but I have hopes for a s13 sr20 I am building.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wondering how you line up the front end so well. I needa do the same with mine...

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome progress man.. cant wait to see the whole car painted..

i think u shoulda kept the lambo doors. lmao jk

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do up the sidemarkers hole before it gets painted
Plan on it, need to find a dremel. Some how I lost mine. I already have the pattern on paper, just have to trace it to the fender.

Wondering how you line up the front end so well. I needa do the same with mine...
Takes time. I am very anal when it comes to that.

awesome progress man.. cant wait to see the whole car painted..

i think u shoulda kept the lambo doors. lmao jk
Thank God the lambos actually did not come with the car. I mean they aren't bad but it makes it harder to get into a car and it only looks cool on a actual lambo and I wouldn't spend money to have my car have lambo doors.

sidemarkers, fog bezels, paint...done!
Well, install new swap and turbo setup then paint then everything else ;) I have factory mudflaps going back on the car also to detour rocks from hitting the car.

nice, sure has come along way
thanks man.

UzThe4ce

5+ Year Member
wow, now if only everyone were like you, we wouldn't have so much rice out there =) yaya for my first post lol, love the clean look, thats what I'm shooting for with my 2 week old civic. So nice not toown a domestic anymore=) Used to be big into body kits and stuff, but now I just want an H22 swap, keep mine lowered, some black 16's (my car is red) similar front bumper to yours, and I'll be happy. Nice work.