My First Honda

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
NIce color! post a pic of the VC on the car!
Thanks man. And i will get a pic as soon as i get it on the car it is for my z6 head swap that i will be doing soon. I just ordered my head gasket and lot of other gaskets, full exhaust and header, vtec harness, head bolts, just need to get a timing belt oil and anti freeze when i get all my parts.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
How did you paint the VC? With spray cans? the paint job looks really nice

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
How did you paint the VC? With spray cans? the paint job looks really nice
ya i sainded most of it down to bare metal and used rust-oleum high temp piant so yes spray can. There are a couple fish eyes around the spark plug holes where i missed a hidden spot of oil. other than that im happy with it

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
ya i sainded most of it down to bare metal and used rust-oleum high temp piant so yes spray can. There are a couple fish eyes around the spark plug holes where i missed a hidden spot of oil. other than that im happy with it
I'm going to try this out and hopefully it comes out nice and shiny like yours.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ya it turned out alot better then what i thought it would but it couldn't of turned out worse than what it looked like.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
No offense to the OP but seriously how does a car get THAT f**ked up? You are one brave mofo I would have never touched that thing

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
No offense to the OP but seriously how does a car get THAT f***ed up? You are one brave mofo I would have never touched that thing
Ha ha i traded a 93 integra that was a auto and blown up the back bumper was hanging off because the quarters where so rusted and when it rained the car would flood. So i think i got a better deal because the civic runs and i haven't had any problems with the motor yet. But im getting more parts in tomorrow so ill post pic's when i get them and im thinking about just buying a vc off ebay.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ yeha prolly came up better on that deal though if i remeber this thread correctly the guy wanted to try and trade you back after yall already switched lol.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
^ yeha prolly came up better on that deal though if i remeber this thread correctly the guy wanted to try and trade you back after yall already switched lol.
You did read it right he was 18 and the car was in his name so he drove up here and he wanted to trade so we swaped titles i took the civic and he told me he would come back the next day and get the integra well a week later i hear from him and he just got out of jail and his grandpal was going to tow it for him then days later from that his dad was un happy with the trade so he wanted to trade back and i was like to late titles in my name now. It took me a month for him to come pick it up and when he did he forgot the key so he busted the ignition and the gear lock for the auto transmission.

My parts came in today so ill upload some pics tomorrow. Dose anyone no how to get the ruber gasket out that is in the valve cover to seal off the spark plug hole i have new ones and cant get the old ones out and a couple are cracked and torn.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Just some parts for the mini me swap. I also have to convert my auto p28 ecu to a manual but after alot of googleing it is very simple.

The new exhaust.

Head gasket, head bolts, exhaust gasket, and lots of other gaskets.

Vtec harness since my car does not have one.

The new header and downpipe.

Just a better pic of the tip.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
which header and exhaust is that?
It is a ebay header and a n1 style exhaust i put the header up to the head and the fit mint is really good the ports are also really nice and looks like it will have good flow i no people have said they are junk but with the about that i spent is is a very nice exhaust.

Im thinking about this income tax time doing a swap anyway but still excited to see how well this mini me preforms it should be a noticeable difference compared to a stock b7.

emerican

Registered VIP
Everyone i know that has gotten the ebay header has been happy with it including people on here.
Yes it defintly should be an upgrade from stock

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Everyone i know that has gotten the ebay header has been happy with it including people on here.
Yes it defintly should be an upgrade from stock
Thats good news to hear. So here is what im gonna be running b7 block, z6 headgasket, z6 head, Full exhaust and header and i want to get a cam but idk if i want to get something that will run on stock internals or upgrade. either withch way i want to get a tune so i can get the most power and reliability.

emerican

Registered VIP
Stage one cam most streetable and technically dont have to have any other upgrades with it besides cam gear and then a tune, but if you want one anyway then its a win win.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Stage one cam most streetable and technically dont have to have any other upgrades with it besides cam gear and then a tune, but if you want one anyway then its a win win.
Ya i was looking at a zex cam one you could use stock internals but the other one required different valve springs and retainers. Im probably just going to get the one that will run on stock internals because for the money the other one is not really worth it to me. Do you no what is a good cam for the d16z6 head? Eventually when i get around to it ill be ordering some p29 pistons to up the cpr into the 11's and hopefully when it is done with a good tune i can get around at the least 150 whp if so ill be happy. But i think it is a reasonable goal because the jdm d15b is putting down 130 chp and that is stock.

emerican

Registered VIP
My buddy runs the crower stage 1 cam i belive in his z6 and loves it
Yeah anything over stage 1 you have to upgrade the valvetrain[springs,retainers etc]
What are you gonna tune it on?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
My buddy runs the crower stage 1 cam i belive in his z6 and loves it
Yeah anything over stage 1 you have to upgrade the valvetrain[springs,retainers etc]
What are you gonna tune it on?
Ill have to look into that cam and compare it to the other one i want.
I was looking at chrome but i havent found anywhere that sells you the chip but if i take it to the shop i have to have hondata thats all they tune.

emerican

Registered VIP
There is a chart somehwre i believe maybe d series.org youd have to google it and look that shows dyno results of different cams in d sereis it wont be for a mini me if you can find it just a full z6, but im sure results will be same if not super lcose to the same.
I know a few shops that will tune on other stuff besides hondata, aem ems is always an option not sure what your needs goals or bidget with the tune is though