My H2b buildup thread, quick updates...

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope you don't regret buying the evolution kit. Is your car real low? Do you plan on driving it other than the drag strip? Ground Clearance FTW.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ground clearance? look who's talking! :lol:
I know, thats why I'm saying I hope he doesn't regret it, i cant do anything about my situation with my motor, except raise my car up, but EG any higher than my car already is FTL.
And my ground clearance isn't that bad.:roll:

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
About to buy tokico blues w/ springs that give a 1.5" drop, which should be fine with ground clearance. I didn't buy their mounts, which moves the motor down, and over toward the passenger side about .5". I just have B series Avid mounts, which will may help ground clearance a little. The header is a 4-2-1 design from elicit speed performance and has about 1/4" between the pan and the header.

And as for the whole triple post thing, I didn't think I was doing something useless.It was all pertinent, just a few changes in plans and parts, and telling that I have ordered or arrived here. But either way, it is kinda funny.

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn ..nice build ..my buddy just got done with his H22 swap in a 92 civic cx ..and its stock and it pretty damn fast ran a 14.194 @99mph ..pulls like a b***h lol ..cant imagen what your built H motor is going to be like..bump for you fo sho

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn ..nice build ..my buddy just got done with his H22 swap in a 92 civic cx ..and its stock and it pretty damn fast ran a 14.194 @99mph ..pulls like a b***h lol ..cant imagen what your built H motor is going to be like..bump for you fo sho
it'll rip through the gears almost like a K series, and he'll do low 13's on street tires with the motor stock. Plus he wants to build it. On slicks i can see mid 12's.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it'll rip through the gears almost like a K series, and he'll do low 13's on street tires with the motor stock. Plus he wants to build it. On slicks i can see mid 12's.
Yes sir, from all that I have seen snooping around at Honda-tech, everyone with stock bottom ends and stock port heads with valve train, and common bolt ons, but some people still on stock manifolds, of course on slicks, are ranging most in the mid 12's, usually floating around a 12.6, but depending on weight, modifications,track conditions, driver ability, they can go into the low 12's quite easily.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I skipped going to the gym today to put on my front and rear crankshaft seal and put on my manual tensioner setup. Left the damn flexplate off b/c it won't be going back on. I got my Avid motor mounts in the mail today, It looks like they made a couple of revisions to them since the last set I bought a year or two ago. The trans mount is smaller where the urethane is and instead of being 2 piece like the one I had before, it is now a single billet mount with a smaller urethane area that I believe to be more rigid and easier to manuever in the engine bay when installing. Also, the edges are rounded, which they weren't before on my older set. I would take pics, but they are just billet mounts.
I did win this off of ebay though, and it is good that it is for an accord since I would have to have a super long fuel line if I did not decide to get an accord fuel rail. Now I should have no problem with using way less hose and the price for both these new items on ebay was $150 shipped. Really not a fan of the blue, but for the price, it really doesn't matter b/c it functions the same either way.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I thought I'd post the trans mount to show how different looking it is from the picture that I had posted on the first page. It is definately different than the one I used to have, but is 2 piece, better machined, and 1 piece instead of being bolted together and it is really smooth.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! w lots of pics. ill be tuned and enoying the build. i'd like to say something "cool" and smart to help you out, but ill just sit and see the monster come up. good stuff.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^Thanks, I guess I'll have time to get all my stuff together since the wait on the header is about 6 weeks=Gay. But until then I can put the rest of my motor together like the head and such.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

The biggest intake manifold ever, as far as height goes, it is about the same but is about an inch or inch and a half longer. I have my 68 mm tb on there to see how much I'd have to port match it which I did Saturday. I had to grind about 1-1.5 mm of aluminum off of each side to match the TB port as shown below.

My hondata IM gasket which came with the Manifold for free for a total of $305 shipped.

My Brian Crower valve springs and steel retainers and funky tree sticker. I'll buy a few more things over the next 2 weeks and within 4 weeks my h2b kit and header and my alternator bracket will be in. I need to get my injectors and a few small things that I have probably forgotten. I got really bored today and painted my spark plug wire cover and my cam gears.

They aren't crooked on the gears, just offset a little the way I had it, and the cover is cast iron with red letters and then cleared over. I thought the gears would look funny as though you would only see half of them at one time since my tuner said that the crower stuff was made to be at stock degree so adjustable cam gears would only be for looks.