My new 89 Civic Hatch Shell

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
You sprayed the door panels right? And the carpet did you use normal house paint or interior vinyl paint?
i justb used normal flat black spray paint dfor everything, evan the carpet. i justb used adhesion promotor 1st on the plastic.

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
i justb used normal flat black spray paint dfor everything, evan the carpet. i justb used adhesion promotor 1st on the plastic.
for real... did you use like a named brand ? i was going to use krylon fusion...

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
150 is a deal, i would have bought it and spend $600 for a new sohc motor $1000 installed for a low mileage one and used it as a DD $1150 with a new motor, does it need anything else?

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Over the cold days I started to disconnect everything in the engine bay that would prevent the engine from coming out...

BEFORE:

AFTER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I installed the black and gray dash... Here are some pics...

BEFORE (these are the only ones i could get for comparison)

AFTER (right after install)

I think it looks much better than the old interior... :thumb:

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the before and after engine pics lokk the same? i would gut that interior to the frame

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
the before and after engine pics lokk the same? i would gut that interior to the frame
lol yea... i removed radiators, battery, intake and a/c compressor, just so when I pull the motor from under theres less to constrict it from coming out...

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one hell of a buy bro. i'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on your build. i need to find me a project like this, as well as the time to work on it, lol.

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
nice puttin in the ol LS sweet wish i had me an LS
thanks man... just working with what i got... :suprise:

one hell of a buy bro. i'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on your build. i need to find me a project like this, as well as the time to work on it, lol.
:word:... It definitely worth every penny and every moment i spend on it, is crucial... hehe :lol:

Looking good man! Keep it up
thanks bro check back later for more exciting news... ;)