My new 89 Civic Hatch Shell

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Just picked up a cable tranny out of an 1990 LS at the yard... also got throttle cable, ECU, Intermediate shaft, axles (for core charge), shift linkage and rear T bracket... I pulled the whole motor just to get to the tranny... took me all freekin day by myself... plus I was helping others around, being the nice guy i am...

Going back tomorrow to get more stuff like valve cover, radiator, alternator (for core), master cylinder w/ booster and rear disk with trailing arms, e-brake cables and hopefully brake lines intact...

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
Just picked up a cable tranny out of an 1990 LS at the yard... also got throttle cable, ECU, Intermediate shaft, axles (for core charge), shift linkage and rear T bracket... I pulled the whole motor just to get to the tranny... took me all freekin day by myself... plus I was helping others around, being the nice guy i am...

Going back tomorrow to get more stuff like valve cover, radiator, alternator (for core), master cylinder w/ booster and rear disk with trailing arms, e-brake cables and hopefully brake lines intact...
good deal. your geting alot of s**t done dude.

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
good deal. your geting alot of s**t done dude.
Thanks man... im trying my best... weather is not cooperating..

I just did some grinding around the shock towers, it was kinda pitted so i took my Dremel to it, I figured I could just fill it in with metal glaze since it not a complete hole... Will it hold up? My project was interrupted by a friend who messed up a car stereo hook up... it got really cold after that so I called it a day... I need to find me a welder... found one for $100. just gotta come up with the cash...

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Attempting Wire Tuck

So today I am trying to do a wire tuck... here is where i started...

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
looking good so far. keep workin on it make it badass
I will try my best...
Just picked up

hasport tranny mount for $50
Welders gloves - $10
Soldering gun - $8
Crimping/wire stripping tool - $4
Used 100% cotton Jean jacket - $5

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
O yea... I also took pics of the LS motor being pulled out from the bottom... this was like 2 weeks ago

The write up on here is Different than the one i saw 3 years ago, maybe a different site:crook:???

Here what I did...

Tool used for this project:

Furniture floor dolly - $20 home Depot
Craftsman 3 ton Floor jack w/ stands - $60
Different sizes of wood are handy 3 small 4x4, 1 long 2x6, 1 med 2x4
Pry bars

1. Disconnected Everything the eye could see the would prevent the motor from coming out ie: Hoses and harness plugs...

Jack up the car
2. Disconnect shift linkage. I removed the whole linkage just so i dont bend it on accident by lowering the car on it or something...

3. remove the rear T bracket from the transmission (i just unbolted it cause i couldnt pull it out yet), dont unbolt it from the subframe, just the bolts on the actual T bracket...

4. got the pieces of wood and out them on the floor dolly and aligned it so the when the motor came down it would still be leveled instead of sitting tilted cause the oil pan sticks out... I took pictures of how high my pieces of wood need to be for me to keep it level (see below)...

5. then i used a jack stand to hold the car up while removed the jack to prepare it for lifting the car way up using a small 4x4 on top of the jack and then placing the long 2x6 under the jack point of the car so the i can put the slightly temporary modified jack in the center point of the2x6 adn raise it up from there ( it sounds difficult but when you know what to do its easy)...

after i got the car ready to be lifted, i removed the jack stand and lowered the car just enough so the the motor was resting easy in the floor dolly, then i removed the torque mounts first, second i did the engine and tranny mounts, the rear t mount was already good to go...

6. I raised it up slowly and watched for plugs and hoses and wires i might not have disconnected yet... I missed 3 or 4 of them... the driver side mount gave me a little problem but the prybar got the job done... make sure your not hung up anywhere...

7. I jacked the car up 30+ inches just to be able to get the motor out from the front( see pictures below)

Keeping the engine level

Jacking the car up!!! :scared:

BTW:
The donor teg is being parted out...

Yesterday I started on the driver side wire tuck... I got the replacment screen for my iPhone so I started messing with that and this is all i got done so far...
Before i started

marked the wires

extended wires...