My new 89 Civic Hatch Shell

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Well it didnt come home yesterday... But its here TODAY!!!! Its too late to snap pics so I'll do it in the morning...

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Just finished taking out the seats and did a quick vacuum just so it look bearable til I get the other interior... I also snapped pics of the rust spots and front end damage... And I noticed where the passenger side door and fender meet its kinda banged up, not bad tho'... My camera died so I am charging it up while I clean up the car a little bit more...
here are some pics to keep you interested.. =)

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Its gonna rain soon, so I guess ill put up my tools and call it a day... And also I can see where the leaks are tomorrow... Here is what i got so far...

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good.. yous should prolly pressure wash the front end while its apart to clean it up a bit.. my hatch leaked to it turned out it was the taillights so i just sealed em up hopefully you can find your leaks

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
I gave it a quick wash earlier... it looks a lot better now...

11pm
I just swapped Driver Integra seat cushion and skin onto EF pan and back rest... Took me a couple hours but I got it.. its not perfect but better than the seat before (check pics in first post) ... if I keep this interior I might try again with Tan integra seats... I might try to do a write up on how i did it...

Here are pics of the seat test bolted in...

FRONT:

BACK:

Last edited:

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks much better now.. also what is that stuff on the inside of the windows

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
looks much better now.. also what is that stuff on the inside of the windows
Thanks... The stuff on the windows is the old tint peeling away... I cleaned most of it already, im scared to try and get it off the back window... i might mess up the defrost (if it still works)... Is there any other peeps who have done seat swaps?

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i put tenzo r racing seats in my hatch using stock brackets and a piece of like 2 inch steel a little less than a 1/4 inch thick

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
i put tenzo r racing seats in my hatch using stock brackets and a piece of like 2 inch steel a little less than a 1/4 inch thick

I just swapped Driver Integra seat cushion and skin onto EF pan and back rest... Took me a couple hours but I got it.. its not perfect but better than the seat before (check pics in first post) ... if I keep this interior I might try again with Tan integra seats... I might try to do a write up on how i did it...

Here are pics of the seat test bolted in...

FRONT:

BACK:

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Here is the integra seat with headrest I was too lazy to put it on last night...

This is how I ride in my cars, Gangsta Lean...

Passenger side view, you can see the hole were the lumbar was on the old seat frame...

Here it is fully reclined... I noticed in the pic that it shows the cushion when in this position... Good thing it doesnt stay that way... =)

Here how far it goes up when letting some in to ride the backseat... I think its pretty roomy :D

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Awesome start.. Amazing how much a little car washing can change the appearance of the car..

Good luck with it, seems like you know what you're doing. Keep it up.

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Awesome start.. Amazing how much a little car washing can change the appearance of the car..

Good luck with it, seems like you know what you're doing. Keep it up.
Thanks... Yea messing with cars is kinda what i do... trial and error :idea:... But its fun... RIght now I am trying to make a home made obd0 to obd1 conversion harness... i already messed up...

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the body is in good condition minus the the little rust here and there

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
the body is in good condition minus the the little rust here and there
:word:... I just picked up the full rear interior from the junkyard... and the panel piece to replace the rusty one under the hatch... and rear seat belts all black/gray... one of tha panels is cracked but i can take it part and put the one from my hatch onto it and it should be good (after paint)... The rain here is unconsistant, it rains then it doesnt... im sot sure if I should go back and get the dash door panels and door sills...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks... Yea messing with cars is kinda what i do... trial and error :idea:... But its fun... RIght now I am trying to make a home made obd0 to obd1 conversion harness... i already messed up...
Definitely trial and error.. Don't trip about messing up, you gotta make mistakes to learn.

Remember to solder the wires and use heat shrink over it, don't use the crimps, do it right the first time..

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
Here is where I left off last night 12/30/07 :nono: What a mess huh?

And this is what she looks like now

I found condensation and rust after removing the headliner at the back... i have no clue where the water is coming from... is this common?

In these pics you can see the dust accumulation after removing the pillars... These are the before pics...

This the after pics, after cleaning it up...

My GF got called in to work for graveyard shift cause one of her employees didnt show :bs: ... He must be partying... I am so :sleeping: ....

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
looks good so far, i really have to clean mine up. I just leave that till the last cuz i get more interested in other s**t to do on the car lol.

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
you painting the interior? if you are i used adhesion promotore and flat black paint and it didnt chip at all. i even sprayed my carpet:lol:

car is lookn real good.

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
you painting the interior? if you are i used adhesion promotore and flat black paint and it didnt chip at all. i even sprayed my carpet:lol:

car is lookn real good.
You sprayed the door panels right? And the carpet did you use normal house paint or interior vinyl paint?