My new RWD baby.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For that cash you found one in damn good shape, which is hard to find.... I know....

Have fun with it, and hope that you didn't buy a lemon like I did... :lol: :(

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
For that cash you found one in damn good shape, which is hard to find.... I know....

Have fun with it, and hope that you didn't buy a lemon like I did... :lol: :(
Mine ran well when I bought it but the CEL was on. $14 for a new O2 sensor and $8 for a set of NGK B-Powers has it running great. Other than that there are no rust spots, leaks, electrical probs, mechanical probs, Im amazed that I got so lucky with finding this car.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats good to hear....

When I bought mine I knew the shocks were bad, but I didn't mind... They were gonna get replaced anyway.... What I didn't know was that the passenger tie rod was bent and the transmission was going (I think).... But all this will be replaced with bigger and better items... Hehehe.....

What are your plans for it?...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats bro..... =)

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Thats good to hear....

When I bought mine I knew the shocks were bad, but I didn't mind... They were gonna get replaced anyway.... What I didn't know was that the passenger tie rod was bent and the transmission was going (I think).... But all this will be replaced with bigger and better items... Hehehe.....

What are your plans for it?...
Was there no other collateral damage to other parts by the tie-rod or was that tie-rod the only damaged piece?

I was gonna go KA-T but too few part options when compaired to the SR20. But I won't do the swap first thing like I did with my civic, I'm gonna focus on suspension and brakes first because my KA is too healthy to ditch anytime soon.

New exhaust soon to replace the 30lbs of rusted OE exhaust system
Undecided on wheel and tire combo
Kie-Office TE Coil-Overs
300zx front brakes and MC
Various bushings, bars, and braces for the suspension and chassis (tons of parts to choose from)
Nothing for the exterior other than new paint and removing the OE wing
Cf Hood and Hatch but will get painted
Nice seat for me
blah blah blah

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that the Tie rod was the only thing that was damaged by it, but I need to check that out when I install my Tein pieces.... ;)

The KA-T is a good option if you do it right... I can have a fully built KA ready for 300 hp for about $1.5k.... Its probably what I am gonna do... Pretty much have all the parts I need for my manual swap, so that will be done soon....

With just a little bit of suspension work that car will be a monster.... Trust me... :D

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I decided against going KA-T because there are 10 million times more parts to choose from for an SR20. And as for an RB, the engine isn't supported well enough over here and it costs much more to swap in when compaired to an SR20 to want me to swap one in.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only problem with going SR is that you have to spend that extra money on the SR itself, when you could have a fully built KA allready with the same money....

But you can get whatever you want... ;) :lol:

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Teh SR20DET is legendary though, why would you want to have a truck engine, heh :D

Nothing wrong with teh KA, just i would rather go SR20

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
The only problem with going SR is that you have to spend that extra money on the SR itself, when you could have a fully built KA allready with the same money....

But you can get whatever you want... ;) :lol:
Ya gotta pay to play

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like I said, whatever floats your boat....

I like both, and if I had the money to throw around I would definitely go with the SR over the KA, but with the money constraints put in I will be going KA-T....

Oh and the legendary motor thing? Who cares if a motor is legendary.... A good motor has to start somewhere.... The B-series is legendary and yet Honda still decided to change it up and develop a new, better motor.... ;)

And trust me when I say this debate will go nowhere.... Its a very opinionated subject....

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So far though I hate 240 sites... 240sxforums.com has a ton of damn kids on it and Zilvia has a bunch of assholes that get high off of themselves just because they own a damn 240...

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Like I said, whatever floats your boat....

I like both, and if I had the money to throw around I would definitely go with the SR over the KA, but with the money constraints put in I will be going KA-T....

Oh and the legendary motor thing? Who cares if a motor is legendary.... A good motor has to start somewhere.... The B-series is legendary and yet Honda still decided to change it up and develop a new, better motor.... ;)

And trust me when I say this debate will go nowhere.... Its a very opinionated subject....
I'd much rather have a VH45DE instead of a KA-T, SR20, or RB25. But unless I run into a large amount of money that isn't gonna happen.
But then with some ITBs my 240 could sound something like this...
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=7B692CB1-DB71-418E-B4D6-3B5FB0148D73

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hehe.... For a while I was thinkin of building an NA SR20... Just to be different... But for that amound of money I could get something much faster much cheaper... :lol:

My nissan forum of choice is carolinanissans.com.... I actually know a lot of the people on there irl (like my brother and his close friends), so I enjoy it.... ;)

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice... It has a nice tone to it... I helped one of my buddies install it to his S13.... ;)

I was thinking about getting that for mine (when I can afford to get an exhaust), but I decided I want the Blitz R Spec.... :drool: