My new RWD baby.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its all good.... We did it to my brother's S13 fb and it was fine.... Granted he never really moved a lot of things in his trunk, but it worked... :lol:

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more new pics

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Yeah, I decided to do a little brake work and starting saving for some KTS coilovers instead of popping for Kei-Office.
KTS, good choice.. my friend has those on his coupe.. handle grrreat.. =)

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I gotta get rid of the damn EGR system...

But I finally got the front tower bar after waiting for it on back order and installed it today.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well she let me down last night. Complete clutch hydraulic system failure at midnight last night on the way home. The master cylinder and operating cylinder blew out on a freeway on ramp. So the 240 is down and out but only till tommorrow since I have a new operating cylinder and a master cylinder rebuild kit. But it was still $64 to get the car towed 3 miles to my friends apartment after waiting an hour and calling 6 different tow truck joints till I finally found one with an availible driver. Cable clutches own...

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to hear the problems.... But good to hear that you are getting it fixed quickly.... :thumbs up

Hopefully it will end up stronger then before it broke.....

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well after wondering why the pushrod for the operating cylinder was at an angle and just moving on to replacing the master cylinder (The one that was on the car was a completely different than it should of been for some reason so I couldn't use any rebuild kits), replacing the operating cylinder, and bleeding the system, I come to find out that it doing all that didn't solve the problem at all. After removing the clutch fork dust boot it turns out that the release sleeve is halfway disconnected from the release bearing. That allowed the clutch fork to pivot and cause the operating cylinder to exetend beyond the seals and leak fluid so that made me think it was blown but I have no idea how it made the master cylinder leak. The operating cylinder push rod sitting at an angle just didn't register for some damn reason in the beggining *DOH!*... now the f**king transmission has to come off in order to fix it... f**king great...

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well the plot thickens... In addition to the release bearing problems, the pivot ball is broken, and my clutch disc is almost gone. Damn I wish I had a second car so I could fix this when I had the money and time to because I have neither at the moment...

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
geez.. that sucks, my friend hasnt had any serious problems with his 240(s).. good luck..

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got it fixed and finished on thursday so all is well now. New clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pivot ball, operating cylinder, master cylinder, got rid of the f**king damper box, and theres a new rear tranny seal so no more tranny fluid slinging on the belly pan.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Got it fixed and finished on thursday so all is well now. New clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pivot ball, operating cylinder, master cylinder, got rid of the f**king damper box, and theres a new rear tranny seal so no more tranny fluid slinging on the belly pan.

good deal.. =)

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the comments guys!

And yeah this is a low rever. If I don't pay attention the uber low 6400rpm limiter will catch me by suprise, its not a b16 lol. But I love the large decrease in understeer compaired to my civic thanks to rwd, good weight balance, and HICAS. It handles pretty damn well for an old heavy car with only body roll being a problem. This chassis has a shitload of potential and I can't wait to start building it up.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet car.... i saw a red one the other nite, it was mint

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need a lash adjustment... And it looks like a pain in the ass according to the service manual...

turbo95eg6 said:
sweet car.... i saw a red one the other nite, it was mint
Thank You =)

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Error404 said:
Engine bay need's a cleaning, but nice pick up bro. :thumbs up
That engine bay needs a cleaning!?!?!? damn .... my s**t must need a soaking in acid or something then, lol.