My real RHD eg6 build

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I worked on my car yesterday and monday and finished the fenders and are ready for paint, as well as the side skirts. I scuffed the inside of the door I got and blocked and reprimed the top of it. I plan on having one of the top 5% of cars at a show. That is about the percentage of cars that to me are actually nice, even at big meets. But soon I'll pick up an order from Honda and ICB motorsport so more goodies in future posts.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love your build man. No corners cut. It is definitely top quality. I like how you did everything perfectly, but nothing over the top.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^Thanks. I'm going for a more timeless build, not some stupid stanced out piece of s**t, or some rice bucket, "JDM" is kind of what it is by default, but maybe it's a little track inspired mixed with some Japanese flair.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^Thanks. I'm going for a more timeless build, not some stupid stanced out piece of s***, or some rice bucket, "JDM" is kind of what it is by default, but maybe it's a little track inspired mixed with some Japanese flair.
Haha well whatever it is, I like it. I think that's what I'm going for with my ride too.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I now know how much my paint is. I knew how much it was but most people don't understand how much good products cost. For the 3 quarts of Chromabase and 3 quarts of base maker and the all over 7779 chromaclear and activator and a barrrel of scuff pads is 1k. Good parts aren't cheap, and cheap parts aren't good.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what is the color? do you have any car pictures that are painted this color for reference?

EJ Dewd

1k Doesn't seem to bad for a paint job and I would imagine you'll be doing the work yourself so not bad for the whole thing. But I'm not a paint person so I guess I really don't know for sure but seems good to me.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
psh, just paint for the outside. I've probably got about another $1500-2k in just materials.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks for that example.

I went to pull a part in Birmingham and picked up a few things I really only got one thing for the RHD. I bought a 97 harness to sell since it was $7.47. Uncut so now I have 2 extra ek harnesses. I also bought a hub and axle for the gsr car, a bumper/absorber for the rhd, some driver side power window switches since the one in the 97 is bad, a tail light and a bracket for $120 for it all. I love that place lol.

I found a bumper for the rhd like stated, but since the jdm cars don't come with front or rear bumpers I took it upon myself to put them on it. That way if it does get hit even in a little fender bender then it won't crush everything around it. I'll have to clean it up, and paint it, but it beats the crap out of buying one from honda for $150 cost. Can't beat it for $13. But the rhd's frame rails in the rear are boxed in with a little plate that I'll have to cut out. I may have to cut the bolt holes out too, but I'm fine with that. Maybe if I'd had it sooner the rear bumper wouldn't have gotten so messed up when my grandfather ran into it. Oh well here is the bumper.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I sand blasted the rust spots off of the bumper and refinished it with the dupont semi gloss paint. Here are a couple of quick pics I took.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
How much rust does sandblasting take off? Just surface rust or pretty bad rust? I am just wondering because I need to do this but I don't know when to grind it and when to sandblast it.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^It takes all the rust out of the pits. But be careful if you use it on sheet metal. The heat could distort the metal. But on parts it's great.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If ur sandblasting sheetmetal u can u walnut shells and it wont get super hit and distort on u!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I just meant for like rusty brackets and such, not really sheetmetal. Thanks for the response guys.