New Apple iPhone

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
actually i think that phone is pretty frickin' cool. i don't want to download the newest quicktime, so i didn't watch thing... but still.

i just wouldn't pay that much for a phone. i guess that means it's not for me.... but that doesn't mean it's not pimp. :D

not to mention, wouldn't it be weird to have a zune and an apple phone? :lol:
i ninja edited you lol sorry, i'm at work i don't think str8 when i post... but yeah i'll admit the phone cost a grip, but all apple products do, and maybe i'm biased cuz i work for apple, but i now see why apple products are what they are

on the note of the Zune, i think you should read through my post in this thread... but the Zune isn't doing to well

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wth is zune?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i couldn't give crap about their sales. i like the unit. that's all that matters to me. :D

i think you have a bias, yes, and i think i do, too, because i'm less like to buy apple products (at this point in time) than anything else. :what:

shiz - zune overview clicky
mp3/video player. like the ipod video. i have the black one, fyi.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LONG ASS VIDEO lol Will def watch the rest as soon as I get off, so dont think I just half-assed it and am giving my opinion again.

watched about half but got to go back to work. Although, I will agree that as of now that would be the top of the line, ahead by 5 years?? eh, not sure about that one. Regardless, unless someone takes it up a notch, that is going to give some other pda phones a run for their money.

As far as the stylus...so what? (btw, none of this is directed towards you, more so the guy showing the phone off) But he acted like this was the first one you didnt have to use a stylus, I use my stylus on my current phone once a month maybe?

I LOVE the physical aspects but HATE at the same time. Flush-mount screen is a big no no. Scratches are going to love that thing and a recessed screen would atleast save the screen.

Now I might've not gotten to this part yet in the movie, but what about data entry? And I dont mean simple s**t like names and numbers. But texting. Thats the whole reason I love my 6700, a full extendable qwerty keyboard, so I dont have the nasty lil buttons at the bottom which my fingers cant push without touching the next.

I understand completely what they're going for though with the buttonless interface. You can get an application called Wisbar Advanced Desktop and design your own interfaces, icons, etc etc for pocket pc/pda phone/smart phone (whatever you wanna call them) to make them more visually pleasing and easier to navigate by fingers. Although, if anyone has ever done that, it isnt as simple as designing a template or something in PS to look the way you want and then loading it to the phone, so dont get me wrong.

The size of the phone is very very impressive though, but at the same time, there isnt anything but a screen there. I'm very interested to see how they propose texting to be done. Reason I say is this, like I said I have a full keyboard, so I just text with that. But I have tried to do like T9 typing through the touchscreen and its just not very much fun. The thing about a button is it's responsive. You push, feel it go down/click/etc, move onto next button. Whereas on a touchscreen, especially sizes of like 2.5-3.5", you just tap. Might not tap hard enough, might not tap on the correct 'button' since you didnt have you finger on it before you pushed it, the travel time between hitting that button and moving towards it...what I'm trying to say is, you are now moving towards that button and the second you get to that button so you can push it, u already did. So if it wasnt the right button, you have to redo over.

I'm not dogign the phone at all, as some of these issues are touch-related. Just giving my advice since I know s**t on this topic. It just worries me because there is NO other form of input than the screen.
Regardless some of the thigns I saw were very VERY impressive and should've been thought way before. Will be finishing video later on tonight

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear where you coming from... like i said, EVERYTHING you brought up, is addressed in the Keynote ... lemme know when you get a chance to finish watching it... when it comes out in June, you can actually play with it and see if it meets your standards u know

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, that's all that matters to anyone, right? as long as they're happy. :D

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
I hear where you coming from... like i said, EVERYTHING you brought up, is addressed in the Keynote ... lemme know when you get a chance to finish watching it... when it comes out in June, you can actually play with it and see if it meets your standards u know
been watching it a lil here and there throughout unbusy spots here at work today...

My main complaints that I've seen so far:

Non-recessed Screen (really going to be easy to scratch)
Onboard soft keyboard (Not going to be fast at alll to input text)
2.0MP Camera??? This one just got my attention. So this high-tech 5 years ahead of itself phone only has 2.0 mp?? That was a huge dissappointment...

Love the graphical interface though, what I've been building my pocket pc to look like, but yeah I'll post up the rest when I watch it all...

It is one very badass phone, and as always with Apple, whether it performs better or worse in comparison to other pda/smartphones, its 100x more aesthetically pleasing, screen wise and body wise

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hopefully people can unlock it so i can stick my t-mobile sim in that breezy :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so it's a little smaller than my phone... but it does less than my phone.....

there's nothing new, exciting, or groundbreaking about the iphone.... and that's dissapointing

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
reen (really going to be easy to scratch)
this maybe true, hopefully they got something for that thought

T!mmy said:
Onboard soft keyboard (Not going to be fast at alll to input text)
it doens't appear to be as slow as your saying, i mean look at steve job's ass, he's typing on that s**t pretty fast lol

T!mmy said:
2.0MP Camera??? This one just got my attention. So this high-tech 5 years ahead of itself phone only has 2.0 mp?? That was a huge dissappointment...
i've never been one for camera on a phone, i'd much rather have a DSLR, but of course that's a contradictory statement to somet of the things i may have said.. (for example, someone would rather have just an MP3 player and then a phone that just makes calls) all personal perference,so that camera thiing doesn't really bother me.

common misconception on phones is the megapixels.. that is just HOW BIG a photo can be, the real quality comes with the lens on the camera... and knowing apple, i'll be that lens is no joke... i'm sure it wont be as bad as 2mp sounds

also, did anyone catch, video voicemail!?!? how sick is that

*starts recording* HEY [insert name]... BET YOU WISH YOU WERE AT THIS PARTY!!! *starts showing the room with all the girls partying and all the alcohol ** END MESSAGE ** :lol:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
so it's a little smaller than my phone... but it does less than my phone.....

there's nothing new, exciting, or groundbreaking about the iphone.... and that's dissapointing
what phone do you have todd?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
cingular 8125 pocket pc

i've been looking at upgrading just because i can, but i cant find a phone i like as much let alone better :???:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^^ read......

that's only been answered 5x allready

june

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
read the thread, its been posted already

$lick Rick said:
cingular 8125 pocket pc

i've been looking at upgrading just because i can, but i cant find a phone i like as much let alone better :???:
yeah my contract just recently expired, right now i have the black nokia flip phone. its a really nice phone but i want to upgrade just cuz i can too. the thing i like about the iphone is it looks sick, its wifi ability, and the ipod player. i was going to get an ipod anyway so now i dont have to

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
read the thread, its been posted already

yeah my contract just recently expired, right now i have the black nokia flip phone. its a really nice phone but i want to upgrade just cuz i can too. the thing i like about the iphone is it looks sick, its wifi ability, and the ipod player. i was going to get an ipod anyway so now i dont have to
i agree it looks great

there's a few reasons i wont be getting one though

1) i hate itunes and inturn i hate ipods, i dont need any bs software to put music/videos on my phone

2) it's a new OS meaning there wont be many apps for it for awhile, with my phone i can run pretty much any program designed to run on windows

3) screen.... it will get scratched to f00k since it's not recessed

4) i text ALLOT and an on screen kb is impractical. mine has raised bumps on the j and f keys so i can type without looking at the kb just like on a regular comp
i can also retain full screen while typing on my kb

5) i cant find a single feature on the iphone that's not allready avaliable on other phones that are as good or better than the iphone

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I could continue, but it seems mine and Todd's head are in the EXACT same pool...

It's a badass phone, but not anything revolutionary. Just more aesthetically pleasing, which is the case with apple all the time.

and as far as the camera. I understand cameras, and I know mps dont mean s**t. But whenever they are trying to make something like no other phone, and there are phones producing 7 and 8 mps....I give this a thumbs down. Regardless of how good of a lense

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just a random update, Cisco Systems is sueing Apple Inc for using the name "iPhone" saying that Cisco used it first or whatever :what: :lol: