New guy with an EJ8

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
What's up guys my name is Caleb, and I just bought my first car 4 months ago, a 2000 Civic EX coupe. Our last 5 cars have been Honda's, and I bought my Civic because I love the reliability of Honda. My brother has a 96 Accord coupe that got me into modding my Honda.

Here are some pics the day I got the car.

About 1 month before I bought the car, It had an engine overhaul, that replaced all the the vital items, along with a new valve cover, intake manifold, and airbox. It was clean enough to eat off of.

In the past couple of months, I really haven't done much, just driving the car around enjoying it until I can save money for some mods.

First off was doing a clay bar and wax job on the car. Just did it by hand to try and clear up the paint a bit. Results were better than expected for just doing it manually.

Secondly, got a headlight restoration kit to clear up my headlights until I decide what I want to replace them with. Left is untouched, right is the finished product.

Lastly, since I lost 2 of the Walmart special hubcaps that were on the car (darn shame huh?), I rattle canned the steelies since they were ugly and starting to rust.

ewwww

sanded, ready to be primered

primed

finished product, not too bad for my first time rattle canning anything.

As far as the future goes, I'm planning on just doing some basic mods, since this will be my daily driver throughout college, and possibly med school. Plans are as follows:

- coilovers
- wheels (15x7 or 16x7 in the high 30s or low 40s offsets) nothing crazy.
- Si front and rear lip
- Si grill
- blackhoused headlights (possibly)
- intake
-exhaust

Thanks for looking guys!

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
real nice base to start on

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Thanks! The car has a bit of paint damage on the right rear fender, along with typical SoCal freeway rock chips, but otherwise the body is nice and straight.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome start man, good luck...

6thGeneration

Almost my exact car haha if you want you can check out my thread. I'm really getting rolling on it now. Gorgeous car, I love seeing em stock like that.

6thGeneration

Yeah I know! Yours has a few less miles and a cleaner interior cause I screwed mine up so if your considering recoloring your interior id say not to XD I haven't got around to posting pictures.

Anyway sweet car and I'm excited to see where it goes. We could prolly help eachother out a lot since the cars are so similiar.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Yeah I know! Yours has a few less miles and a cleaner interior cause I screwed mine up so if your considering recoloring your interior id say not to XD I haven't got around to posting pictures.

Anyway sweet car and I'm excited to see where it goes. We could prolly help eachother out a lot since the cars are so similiar.
keep it up
welcome to the site
very clean base
Thanks everyone! Hopefully the car will be paid off the beginning of next summer, until then its probably going to stay almost stock. Then the fun can begin.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
What's up guys.....long time no update. Basically, the car is in the exact same shape as before.......except for the fact that it is now paid off!!!!!!!! Super stoked to not have to make any more payments on this thing.

Now that the car is paid, I've been talking to my older brother, trying to get an idea of what I want to do with my car. He's got a 96 Accord Coupe that he drives, and knows a good amount about Honda's. He is really my inspiration to keep the car clean and simple, and follow his philosophy of Do it once, do it right.

Since this is my daily driver, the plan is to get coilovers, wheels, and a few other aesthetic pieces. Coilovers are most likely going to be Function&Form Type 1s, since they are a great bang for the buck setup, and perfectly suited for my driving needs. I'm also looking at some 16x7 +40 Rota Grids to roll on. I want to keep it conservative, since again this is my daily. Appearance wise, I'll probably get a replica Type R grill, or an Si one if I can find one at a decent price. Also, I'd love to get a Si front and rear lips, but that may be a while before I could justify spending the cash on that. I'm also thinking about an AEM intake, maybe an exhaust, and also some blackhoused headlights.

That's pretty much it, I would post pictures, but its exactly the same as above. Anyways, so long for now, and I'll hopefully be back with updates shortly!

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Just arrived in the mail......

Bought it for a whopping $50. It was so cheap because the tube had "a few light scratches" according to the seller. I only found one, I'm guessing it was defective from the factory. Everything was still wrapped in the factory packaging. Pretty good deal, considering the Dryflow filters themselves cost $40. Wasted no time on the install.

That's it for now, will update when I get more parts.