New guy with an EJ8

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Soooooo.....picked this up today :D

Took 6 months of hounding my brother's friend to get him to sell it (used to own a Civic, he now owns an Accord). This thing is in great shape, was bought new and was only on the car for 6 months. Only a few scratches on the bottom, and it just needs a good polishing. This was my dream exhaust, and its awesome to finally get my hands on one. I was super close to buying a WS2, but now and glad I waited. Getting my piping in the next few weeks, and going to get the exhaust installed over Thanksgiving break.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Badass. How much did you pay?

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Well, I installed my Ingalls rear camber kit yesterday, and got the car aligned again. No more -3.5° of camber in the rear lol.....the wheel fits so much better now. I'll also be throwing on an Ingalls anchor bolt kit for the fronts down the road.

And, I removed the plasti-dip off the wheels. I got tired of seeing the ugly gray white of it. And I actually like the black better than I thought. But I will be painting the wheels white over Thanksgiving break.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Well, got my mandrel bent piping in the mail today, and didn't have work, so I went with my brother to the exhaust shop and got everything all welded up =)

Very happy with the sound, its nice and deep, with no cabin drone at freeway speeds. Setup is 2.25in mandrel piping all the way back, with a Magnaflow 18" resonator, and the Mugen Twinloop exhaust. It hangs down a little low, but I plan on getting the Si rear lip down the road, so the extra clearance will be good then.

Sorry, the video quality kind of sucks, but you can still tell how nice it sounds.
[YOUTUBE=""]7a69V0birmU[/YOUTUBE]

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Want your guys opinion.......

As you've seen, I'm rolling around on Rota Slipstreams. I'm currently in the process of repainting them white. Specs are 16x7 +40. However, I've kind of been wanting a set of real wheels, but don't want to break the bank. Was looking for 5Zigen FN01R-Cs (I'm a big fan of 5-spoke wheels), but there are no sets locally for sale.

I just came across these yesterday however......(Lenso) Axis VDPs. Specs are 16x7 +38, which is pretty much the same as my current wheels. They are pretty light at 6.5kg (14lbs). According to the guy, they have no curb rash or scratches. He wants $500 for them. I really like white wheels, but I think I could be happy with the silver. What do you think, should I pull the trigger on them?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thing looks like it's going in the right direction!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get those Axis! The silver will look really nice. I always felt like white on black stood out too much. Just my opinion!

The car looks great, btw! :thumbs up

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just noticed you're the yang to my ying right now. :lol:

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
This thing looks like it's going in the right direction!
I just noticed you're the yang to my ying right now. :lol:
Thanks....and pretty much lol. Not after next week though. Wheels will be painted, and front and rear lips are going on.

Get those Axis! The silver will lookhttp://www.clubcivic.com/board/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif really nice. I always felt like white on black stood out too much. Just my opinion!

The car looks great, btw! :thumbs up
Thank you. I might try posting my wheels up locally, and see if someone wants them. I would still ultimately go for a set of 16in FN01R-Cs though.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Update time!

Decided to pass on the Axis wheels....now looking for a set of 16in 5Zigen FN01R-Cs.

But in the meantime, I rattlecanned my Si front lip, sideskirts, and Si rear replica lip black so I could throw them on the car. They don't match perfectly, but its good enough for now until I decide to repaint the car.

I also repainted the Slipstreams gloss white. So much better than the plasti-dip white.

And a few shots with my brother's Accord kind of showcasing Cali's not so Fall weather......

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got a neighbor across the street with a black del sol, running fn01r-c wheels in bronze. Damned good looking car. he said those 5Zigens are discontinued? I believe it, as I can't find a set of them even on Ebay in decent condition in 4x100. Always thought they were beautiful wheels. Side note, I'd been looking around for Lenso VDPs as well, after rediscovering them in some of my old Sport Compact Car issues from around 2000-2003. Didn't realize they now being branded as Axis

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Looking good...
Thanks.

got a neighbor across the street with a black del sol, running fn01r-c wheels in bronze. Damned good looking car. he said those 5Zigens are discontinued? I believe it, as I can't find a set of them even on Ebay in decent condition in 4x100. Always thought they were beautiful wheels. Side note, I'd been looking around for Lenso VDPs as well, after rediscovering them in some of my old Sport Compact Car issues from around 2000-2003. Didn't realize they now being branded as Axis
Yeah, my brother has always been a big fan of those wheels, and I really warmed up to them after he got his set. There are good amount of 4x100 sets out here.....just most of them are 15s.....and I want 16s. SO the hunt continues.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Bought myself an Ingalls anchor bolt front camber kit for Christmas. That's about it though, since I bought myself a laptop.

I am however, going to look at some wheels tomorrow. I really wanted some 5Zigens, but I think SSR Type Cs will suffice, ya think? If all goes well, I'll be picking them up in 2 weeks. Stay tuned =)