New guy with an EJ8

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
i seen the same one on ebay but thought it was too good to be true

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Ok now sell that intake and buy turbo kit.
I'm afraid I'm all show, no go for now. I only work part time while I'm in school, so I don't have a ton of money to spend on the car. Plus, since this car is my daily, reliability comes first.

i seen the same one on ebay but thought it was too good to be true
Yeah, I was a little bit apprehensive, but everything was fine. Came fast too. I bought it Friday, and it came today.

CO671

Registered VIP
I'm afraid I'm all show, no go for now. I only work part time while I'm in school, so I don't have a ton of money to spend on the car. Plus, since this car is my daily, reliability comes first.

Yeah, I was a little bit apprehensive, but everything was fine. Came fast too. I bought it Friday, and it came today.
Same story here, school and part time job. Best thing to do is make a list of long term goals and aspirations and then stick to them. Saving up ever ounce of cash for the things you already know you want.

With that new intake setup, i recommend you clean your engine bay and paint the valve cover and heatshield! Looking good so far man, nice deal.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Same story here, school and part time job. Best thing to do is make a list of long term goals and aspirations and then stick to them. Saving up ever ounce of cash for the things you already know you want.

With that new intake setup, i recommend you clean your engine bay and paint the valve cover and heatshield! Looking good so far man, nice deal.
Thanks man. The valve cover and heat shield were brand new when I got the car. It had a major engine overhaul by the previous owner. I may end up painting the valve cover if my brother paints his on his Accord this summer. The heat shield is fine the way it is for now......never been a fan of them painted.

And a little update......

OEM CD player took a crap on me and ate a CD. Tried to fix it, but nothing worked. Being that it was kind of worn, I figured it was time for a new head unit. Not a crazy audiophile, so a basic Pioneer was good enough for me.

I also ordered a few cosmetic parts.....will post pics when I install them next week.

Caleb.N

Lol my name is Caleb to and I have the same stereo as well haha except mine is has usb input. Nice ride bro.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Picked up some new headlights........my old ones started to haze over, so I figured it was time to replace them. I was really looking for some Depo CTR replica headlights, but they are out of stock everywhere. SO I got the next best thing.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
picked up a new grill. Fitment ain't that great, but for $5 I'm not complaining. Good enough until I snag an Si or CTR grill. Color matched it to the car.

Me with my brother's '96 Accord......I guess we got a black with white thing going.

And finally, we got a new addition to the family.......my dad's '88 Civic finally bit the dust. After 280k on the odometer (original motor and auto tranny too), she didn't pass smog, and was gonna be $1500 to fix. My dad pretty much decided the car wasn't worth keeping, so we are getting rid of it. She was replaced by a 2000 Civic LX. Overall, the car is in good condition, a few cosmetic blemishes, but very solid mechanically. Came with an AEM cold air intake too lol. It will remain pretty much stock though, since it's my dad's daily driver.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Update time......

Picked up pretty much a whole front end......hood, fenders, grill, headlights, bumper, fog lights, and Si lip. I needed the headlights for the new gold EJ6, and of course I wanted the Si lip. The guy would only sell everything together, but the price was right, so I pulled the trigger.

The tentative goal so far is to paint the Si lip black, and install it on the car. My brother is going to try his hand with body work on the new front bumper w/ fogs. I might get another front lip for this one as well, still not decided yet. Its pretty rough, but definitely salvageable. I'll keep you guys posted with pics and updates as my brother gets to work.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Little update for ya'll. The tires on my steelies were starting to wear down (as well as dry rot). I figured, that instead of buying new tires for the steelies, that I might as well get some new wheels, and get tires for those. I found a guy who was putting his car back to stock and ended up trading my stockies and a bit of cash for some 16x7 +40 Rota Slipstreams. Overall, the rims were in good condition, a few knicks, and some curb rash, but nothing too bad. First order of business was getting rid of the mix-and-match tires on the car (two 205/50s, one 205/45, and one 195/50.....idk wtf he was thinking). I replaced them with 205/45/16 Nitto NeoGens. What an improvement, they are quiet, comfortable, and grip nicely.

I'm not a huge fan of black on black, so I decided to Plasti-dip the wheels white.

With my brother's Accord (sorry, crappy pic)

I should have my Si lip repaired in the next week or two, can't wait to get that mounted. Currently looking for an Si or CTR grill, and Si rear lip as well. That would pretty much complete my exterior. And I finally decided on what suspension I will be running......Koni/GCs with 550 front and 450 rear spring rates. Hopefully I'll get these in a month or two. That's all for now!

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Got the suspension installed today. Soo much better. Went with custom 430lb front springs, and 440lb rear springs. Pretty much rides exactly how I figured it would. Its dark outside, but I will definitely snag some pics tomorrow.

Also test fitted some Blitz wheels.....maybe someday.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Crappy pics of the car......didn't drop it too far yet. Once I get my fenders rolled, I will be cranking it down to my liking.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Well, got the fender's rolled, and dropped the car down to a respectable height. Don't mind the rear being a tad bit lower....I have a full tank of gas, plus my stock suspension and some other heavy stuff in the trunk at the moment. And of course its 105 degrees out today as we were doing everything.....