New member here: First car, 2003 Civic Si

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure u read reviews and listen to exhausts on youtube not just buy ones that "look cool" U don't want one thats gonna be hella raspy or have shitty pipping. As for the blue, it's not as ricey as I thought it'd be and lug nuts are cool. Not bad bro.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going to install a K2 Motor Catback exhaust once it arrives from eBay. Got a good deal on it, here's a photo of it from eBay, I'll post more as soon as it gets here :D
Let me know how it sounds. I've been pretty sketchy about buying an ebay exhaust because I don't want a raspy exhaust. Probably gonna save up for name brand though.

MrDaggs

Yeah, got a friend who bought Spec-D brand parts before, they sound pretty good =)

I'll hopefully post a YouTube link to a video of its sound once i can. can't wait :D

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDaggs

Make sure u read reviews and listen to exhausts on youtube not just buy ones that "look cool" U don't want one thats gonna be hella raspy or have s***ty pipping. As for the blue, it's not as ricey as I thought it'd be and lug nuts are cool. Not bad bro.
Yeah, in the description on eBay there was a link to a YouTube video of the sound, they tested it on a Honda S2000, a 6th-Gen Civic, a Scion tC, and an EP3. From what i could tell from the video (it was actually pretty good quality), the sound of the exhaust was pretty good, didn't sound raspy, choked up, or look like it had any bad design flaws in it. The piping loooks good, the tip is heat-treated, and the kit comes with gaskets and seals, instructions, the whole nine yards.

I understand where you're going, though. It's not a good idea to just jump into the first one you find. I searched eBay for a while b4 i found this one. It was one of the few with a video example, and it was still reasonably priced for a catback.

Thanks for the advice :thumbs up

Last edited by a moderator:

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
nice car needs a drop asap. and im also not a fan of the blue because it doesnt go with the red stitching in the seats. u should make a pattern on the console like red and black plaid or something.

MrDaggs

nice car needs a drop asap. and im also not a fan of the blue because it doesnt go with the red stitching in the seats. u should make a pattern on the console like red and black plaid or something.
No one likes the blue?? Eh, I think a blue, red, and greyscale look to the car looks nice. Personal opinion, I guess....

L3IX

I might try that vht nightshade spray tint stuff u were talking about, do u know where i could find some? And how well does it stay on? Would I be better off using actual tint sheets, or is that better? I'm probably going to keep it on, so I don't need to worry about a margin for error or the need for quick removal...
be careful with the nightshade because ive seen it turn out flat black alot.. if you can get a hold of a paint gun, clear coat, and some black paint i guarantee youll like it better

MrDaggs

be careful with the nightshade because ive seen it turn out flat black alot.. if you can get a hold of a paint gun, clear coat, and some black paint i guarantee youll like it better
:agreed:

Yeah, after researching it a little, I think I'm going to venture away from the "vht night shades spray tint" completely. If I ever can afford it, I might just get some completely new headlights with that sort of look to them, like HALO projectors or similar....

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitely stay away from VHT. It looks like s**t, no matter what. If you want a tinted tail look, have them actually TINTED. IMO though tinted tails don't look good on anything but black/pewter/gunmetal cars, and it's a light tint at that.

The reasons why no one likes the color accents is b/c it's ricey, which apparently you're going to continue throughout the car, hence the lugs/stem caps.

Just remember....rice is good to eat, not look at.

MrDaggs

Definitely stay away from VHT. It looks like s**t, no matter what. If you want a tinted tail look, have them actually TINTED. IMO though tinted tails don't look good on anything but black/pewter/gunmetal cars, and it's a light tint at that.

The reasons why no one likes the color accents is b/c it's ricey, which apparently you're going to continue throughout the car, hence the lugs/stem caps.

Just remember....rice is good to eat, not look at.
Yeah, like i said, i might just venture toward different head- or taillights completely, rather than this VHT crap...

and idk...i'm not trying to be an a*****e or anything, but i think (in reasonable quantities) that "accents" can look pretty nice. Now i know that blue everything is a little extreme, but the car is going to stay silver, the wheels MIGHT end up powdercoated black if i end up being able to afford it. I'm putting a performance exhaust on it tomorrow during auto shop. Now, I know what some people's opinions reflect about performance exhausts and all the other stuff...but to be serious, im not trying to rice up my car. it may seem that way, but blue is one of my favorite colors. now if this was
"accented" red, people wouldn't be so critical of it since most SI's are a red & black theme. to some people it's just their color preference, and i think that's what sets people off with my car. but idk, i could be wrong, just saying...

Nice ending there, seriously =) that's one of the funniest things I've heard, will be adding that to my signature in the near future :p

-MrDaggs

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

IACivicSi

That exhaust sounds horrible. I searched for a good month until I found the exhaust I wanted, which was a 70mm Ti Tip Invidia. And I say leave your headlights/taillights stock, nothing beats oem.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the site. Us 7thgeners need to stick together. Not a lot of people on CC are fond of 7thgeners...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alright, another EP3'r :thumbs up

If you want to do something to your headlights, just paint the housings black. It took me about 2 hrs for both total and they look great. Just take your time.

I have a build thread in my sig if you want to see pictures.

Thanks. i have to admit, i've seen some EP3s dropped and they look pretty sick =) i'm just worried about driveways and stuff, but hopefully someday when i get the chance I'll get a nice suspension kit and drop it a good 1.5", sounds like a great idea...
If dropping the car 1.5in was a sandwich, it would be FailBurger with extra weaksauce. Save up and put that bish on the ground. Stop worrying about driveways/bumps/pebbles/slight inclines. If your car is to low to go somewhere, then you probably don't belong there in the first place.

MrDaggs

New Exhaust Pics

Just got finished adding the CatBack Spec-D exhaust to my car tuesday during Auto Mechanics-3. It, contrary to what most people would think, sounds GREAT :D

It took about two hours to install, since the freaking catalytic converter housing was rusted over from who knows what, and the three-point flange was also rusted. Had to cut the bolts off and heat the flange up with a torch just so i could hammer the rest of the bolts out :oops: It was a PAIN IN THE @$$.....But i finally got it done, 15 minutes after class. Took it for a test drive afterwards, and it sounds GREAT. I just need to use some tin snips to cut a little off of the rear bumper so it'll fit (had to do that a little already, the muffler on this b*tch is HUGE). I'll try to post a personally recorded video of it later, if i can get the chance...

Here are the pics =)

Up on the lift. Here I've already started replacing the old exhaust (Don't have any pics of it, sadly...YET), and part of the new exhaust is hangin down by the rear wheels. It's been attached to the hanger at this point, but not yet bolted on with the gaskets...

The part the i cut off the bumper is visible here...

This is after we cut off the bolts from the flange connected to the catalytic converter. You can see how bad it is, and two of the bolts were still stuck there in this pic. We had to heat up the flange and hammer them out later...

You can see where I had to cut part of the bumper to get it to fit. I'm going to sand it out later, once I'm sure I've got it where I want it...

Post back and tell me what you think!

Also, I need to get the middle area of the exhaust checked out soon, it's hanging awfully close to the ground, and my car hasn't even been lowered yet :/

I'd bet it's from that sh*tty catalytic converter hanging down....

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shitty fitment meign...

Post some videos.

MrDaggs

s***ty fitment meign...

Post some videos.
Yeah, I'm gonna take a video sometime either this weekend or slightly later of the exhaust (hopefully with something that records with better audio quality then my cellphone's 3.1 Megapixel s***-camera) and post it to YouTube. I'll leave a link here for it. Don't exactly have a good camera at the moment, might have to borrow a friend's....

I know it won't get many views, but it's the thought that matters :P

Tip sticks out a bit more than I like but looks good!
:word:
Yeah, I know. I don't know whether this exhaust was meant to stick out that much or not, but it was a b*tch fitting those support handles into the hangers under the car. Not long after I got the first one on and started raising the other one up, I realized there was no clearance for the muffler, and had to grab some tin snips and cut off the section of plastic under the exhaust hole that went straight backwards so it'd fit :P (Pics #4 & #8). It's STILL contacting the bottom of the bumper (as you can see from the pic with the small black mark on the bumper), and Imight have to cut it even more, but then I have to worry about how good (or bad) it looks afterwards. I only (so far) cut along the curve of the original exhaust hole, cutting any more would result in a s***ty looking rear bumper fo sher....

I've thought about bending the support handles a bit to give it more clearance, but then the exhaust would be closer to the ground (which I'm already having a problem with near the catalytic converter), and that's NOT good. It actually fits right through the gap in the independet rear suspension lower control arm, and if my guess is right, messing with the angle that goes through there is a bad idea :!:

Hopefully I figure something out, though. I really don't want the hassle of buying a new bumper (PLUS, this is the original OEM one) or having to mess up the one I've got now. But who knows, maybe if i fix that low part near the catty it'll fix the rear end problem :D