Official Carolinas Thread

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Next Saturday...not this one, but the one after...Charlotte Cars and Coffee...meet up in Spartanburg around 8 AM for the Columbia area guys....be in Charlotte around 9:30 for the meet...what you think???

Anyone down...

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
if I get that week end off I'll meet you boys out there. U say its in Charlotte at where again???

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It was today...I was there this morning...I got my weeks mixed up...I still want to go for a mountain cruise though...you guys need to let me know when you are off...even if it is only two or three of us...

chuggins

pewpewpew!!1!1!!
5+ Year Member
I say a cola meet so i can be a a meet finally and....and well not have to drive far in my crippled car haha

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
From S2KI.com

They are planning a run on the 18th, the path they have planned out is a good one I have driven many times...anyone down...I will be going...

Well lets try this again. on the 18th, we meaning the wife and i are going to drive to mount michell for lunch. this is going to be a most of the day drive. i have a fantasstic route planned so if you miss it, too bad! NO RESCHEDULES!

We will be meeting at cherrydale shopping center at 8:30 and leaving by 9:00. the route: hwy25 to arden thenon to the parkway. from the parkway to mt michell. lunch, then east to marion via hwy80. then hwy 40 to hwy 9 to black mountain towards chimmey rock. then to tryon to saluda thru the watershed and back on hwy25 to home. some highway driving to cut time and quite a bit of blissful mountain driving(spirited driving).

there will be areas where we will be able to get on it, but best behavior is expected!NO IDIOTS! we will make frequent stops to strech and take pics. anyone who went last year will tell you it was a blast! hope to see you there.

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we should really get another meet together! the summer is just about over & i start school soon.

aeaddy03

Up And Coming
5+ Year Member
I still want to meet too! Just about anywhere in the sc/nc central area is cool with me!

Crawling_Drunk

Boosted!
Just bought my hatch this week! So I'll be cruising around on the weekends and nights (I got a Type S as a daily, so the EJ6 is only for track/cruising). Anyone from Jacksonville or nearby?

ekgsrhatch96

Hey whats up guys, im new to the forum. Im in Hilton Head and fairly new to the area, is anyone on here close to here? I just recently picked up my 96 hatch, ill put some pics up as soon as i can.

Crawling_Drunk

Boosted!
I got a question, why do people call the 96-00 Hatch an EK? It's not... the EK9 is a CTR, the EK4 is a Civic SiR hatch... the CX and DX models are EJ6s... I don't think the EK1, EK2, or EK3 were in the states either... o.O

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nobody on here is near either of you guys, and the SC people on here are TERRIBLE at getting to anything...if it isn't in their city, they usually won't go...

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha...well, I started my full time student teaching first week of August at the Elementary school here, so that keeps me busy all day, not to mention a week before I bought a Speed Protege to part out...then on top of that, I have been working on the weekends...my car got hit a month and a half ago, so it has been in the shop getting fixed/repainted...been stockpiling turbo parts for when I get it back and packaging up all the stuff from the Speed...just no time for much of anything...haha...

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Congrats on the student teaching. You must have a lot of patience. Sorry about the car, was it totaled by the insurance? That's a loooonnngggg time for it to be in a shop. I'm sure once you get it back it'll look as good as it did before, if not better. Bring it back to a meet once you get it boosted, i'm sure it'll be a pleasure to see. I'm rollin in a 91 mr2 now, I'll probably bring it by cars and coffee next month...

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats on the student teaching. You must have a lot of patience. Sorry about the car, was it totaled by the insurance? That's a loooonnngggg time for it to be in a shop. I'm sure once you get it back it'll look as good as it did before, if not better. Bring it back to a meet once you get it boosted, i'm sure it'll be a pleasure to see. I'm rollin in a 91 mr2 now, I'll probably bring it by cars and coffee next month...
Thanks...I am doing K5, they are crazy...haha...good though, I love it...as for the car, not totalled, $3500 in damage, got hit in the rear passenger side...all the paint will match now, no dents...TONS of extras...will be a completely different car...I will definitely bring it up, most all those Mazdas that go will be down here helping with the install...can't wait to see the MR2...love those things...here are some pics I copied from the Mazda forum...

Updates of the car with a mock up of the headlights and rear trunk shaved...also shows where all the dents were taken out...

Getting there...

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's coming together clean bro, can't wait to see it. You coming up next month?

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Probably not next...maybe November/December...only day off is Saturdays...I have the turbo kit to install, harness bar, train horn setup, s**t ton of gauges/tuning software, random interior pieces, oil cooler...not to mention the interior is nearly gutted right now for paint...

Crawling_Drunk

Boosted!
Damn... No one near J-ville uh... I drove yesterday to the Battle of the Belts event in Fayetteville but it was raining... stayed for about 1 and a half hours but I just got annoyed and left...

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, our Mazda meet was supposed to be up near Jacksonville for next month, but we just moved it to Myrtle Beach since they have a big drift event...Cars and Coffee Charlotte will be about the closest thing you will see any members on here at and I usually post about it before I go...