One project short lived, Another one Started(94 ex coupe)

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One project short lived, Another one Started(94 ex coupe LS/Vtec Turbo Build)

Hey guys, havent been on in awhile, long story short i was on my way home from work one night when we were getting one of our 3!!! massive snow storms this year and hit a slick spot of ice and went into a curb, i was distraught because i had just gotten my new ls/vtec swap done and not even a week later wrecked it due to a slick patch of ice from the heavy snow. So insurance company gave me 3360 to play with....

I wasnt gonna deal with having my project car also my daily and having to drive in bad weather, happen again so i bought myself a beater that runs perfect for 500. Then I bought myself this clean 94 Civic EX shell with a bunch of goodies. Well i sold my other motor, exhaust and took the leftover money i had and started myself a turbo build with this new play toy of mine. Heres some pics, granted a lot of parts arent pictured and its not been painted yet so dont be too harsh, lol But tell me what you guys think, picked the shell up for under 1500. And for being 16 years old I'm amazed that there is absolutely NO rust on this car and you can tell its original paint

Over 1500 in goodies going into this project

3" exhaust
No this car isnt missing a tail light, its just on my daily until i can find one for that, lol

Password Jdm Fogs and Type R lip

Precision SC61 Turbo with cast top mount turbo manifold

Blox (polished) Lower Control Arms with Blox full Coilovers and ASR rear subframe brace with ASR 24mm Sway Bar

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My new headlights alumn rad and random stuff like fuel pump and clutch arent pictured yet i have it.
Only things i need yet are a fender, hood, gaskets, and fab a downpipe due to my top mount, then my motor should be ready to fire.

After she fires and everything checks out it will be taken to get re painted. Pics will be updated as they happen.
A mod that i was working on until all this snow was converting the cluster and climate control amber to match clock and get that full jdm effect.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn 57 views and nothing yet? I didnt realize this was gonna be such a boring build to everyone, well at least im excited about it, anyway ill post more pics whenever i work on the car again with all this snow on the ground who knows when that will be.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Power goal? What kind of internal upgrades?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn 57 views and nothing yet? I didnt realize this was gonna be such a boring build to everyone, well at least im excited about it, anyway ill post more pics whenever i work on the car again with all this snow on the ground who knows when that will be.
well u have already posted all of this once..

what do u expect?

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well u have already posted all of this once..

what do u expect?
Well if you must know i was posting my new car in 5th gen's car section
This is my actual build.
I didnt realize i couldnt post pics of my new car over there and have an actual build thread like most do. But thanks

Power goal? What kind of internal upgrades?
Power goal is about 300-350 for the time being. As for internal upgrades, none this first build for this car other then rod bolts headstuds and a thicker headgasket. I dont wanna go all out on my first boosted car as i wanna see how far i can go with stock rods and pistons. I figure compression ratio of ls pistons is perfect for turbo as long as theres a good tune on it which there will be. I've seen guys many times tune their stock b16's and gsr's as high as 380-400whp and both those motors have higher compression then i do. Plus the motor only has 55k on it so it should have some decent life left in it. I am however replacing bearings and replacing every gasket and upgrading to dual valve springs and gsr or itr cams. If this motor blows then i might consider doing a forged bottom end.

:D i posted!
lol thanks

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i never said u couldnt do it, but u posted the exact same pics twice. i was just tellng u y u havent gotten very many responses...

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never said u couldnt do it, but u posted the exact same pics twice. i was just tellng u y u havent gotten very many responses...
thats only because thats all the updates i have on it. If you notice now by looking at my other thread i am not updating it anymore until the car is in its finished state and will be doing my updates here, which i am about to post here in about 2 mins.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
"Jdm" lighted interior

What my Climate control ,Cluster and amber clock look like, and yes the overlay is real carbon fiber, lol

My new valve seals and Dual valve springs should be in this week. Once they are im sending my head to machine shop to be cut, port matched, and hot tanked. After its finished i will be installing rod bolts, new gaskets, head studs, and assemble the motor. Dropping it in the car then fabbing downpipe and charge piping. If all goes well i might be able to have the motor running in 2-3 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed, lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that was exaclty 2 minutes... lol

looks good dude...

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that was exaclty 2 minutes... lol

looks good dude...
Haha, your right it was, i didnt actually mean it was gonna be 2 mins but thats funny how that worked out.
And thanks, yeah i wasnt sure how it was gonna turn out but it really does look good. Kinda wish tho the cluster was either brighter or the climate control wasnt so bright, or that the clock didnt dim so much when the running lights are turned on, lol

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put a dimmer in...
you mean like a potentiometer?
Its honestly not worth it, ill just get used to it i guess, lol. There not leds there just new bulbs and i guess since the bulbs in the climate control are closer to the lens they seem brighter. Ill see how it looks at night and decide, there is the stock dimmer but that wont really do me any good because it will also dim the cluster which is already dimmer then the climate control and the clock itself doesnt dim.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ohhh shiny! Lol. Interior is super sexy! :thumbs up

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update: So i ordered my stage 4 clutch today along my my honda headgasket , and valve seals came in. Still waiting on my supertech springs. Once they come in head goes to machine shop and motor will be thrown together. More pics tomorrow im hoping.