One project short lived, Another one Started(94 ex coupe)

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so its been awhile but now that all the snow is officially gone and its pretty much spring were gonna be really busting our asses to get it finished. All my major important parts are in now and either tomorrow or weds gonna break open my transmission to install an LSD then assembling my motor and hope to have the motor in the car by the weekend. Then after that another week and she should be running with only other thing it needing is a new cf hood and paint. :D
Cant wait to get this thing running...Pic's soon hopefully some tomorrow

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Motor is in and built =)

I wish i grabbed more pics then i did but here it is, the finished result. Still need to fab a downpipe but the car will run this weekend.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That FMIC is pretty big...
yeah i know, i didnt order one this big but its what they sent me so im gonna work with it, it might hurt my spool times but i think with a 60-1 i woulda been hurting anyway, it def stands out tho yes your right, lol

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Bumper will cover most of that giant IC anyways. 60-1 is going to be so much fun, when it finally spools at around 4000+ rpm it will just put you back in your seat all the way until 8000 or whatever your red line will be set to.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bumper will cover most of that giant IC anyways. 60-1 is going to be so much fun, when it finally spools at around 4000+ rpm it will just put you back in your seat all the way until 8000 or whatever your red line will be set to.
Haha thanks for the exciting info about it. I didnt know what i was going to expect from that this turbo. I cant wait, all the car needs is a downpipe.
And i added dual valve springs and bigger cams, so 8500 is what im revving to, lol

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
small update, heres the front end pretty much together
Btw kensai, you were right the intercooler is hidden mostly by the bumper =)

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^now to get that thing rollin on the streets! looks awesome :thumbs up
Thank you sir, lol. Yeah im getting tags for it tomorrow and it should be done friday so i can play around with it the weekend. And yeah i cant wait to play around on the street, gonna be alot of traction issues even with lsd :D

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Almost finished

So wired up the gauges tonight, now have a downpipe and also did the vc. The car also offically fired up tonight and damn it the thing sounds like a srt-4, lol. I guess cause its a straight 3" exhaust from turbo back. It will be ready for the streets tomorrow night!!! I cant freaking wait to test run this thing.
Anyway heres another engine shot, lemme know what you guys think..

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man, but yeah ran into my first problem that prevented the car to run this weekend. The damn return line broke so now needs a new one made. Should be ready to drive next weekend

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
When you getting this tuned!? We should meet up sometime once you get it running!

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When you getting this tuned!? We should meet up sometime once you get it running!
I hope to get it tuned within a month or so. The place im taking it go get it tuned is a place called innovative motorworks and the guy who tunes for me is john at jk tuning. Hes tuned 2 of my swaps and pulled very good power outta both. But hes very busy right now, lol
Anyway yeah dude def when i get it running im down for meeting up with ya. When its ready to be driven ill have to get ahold of you. You live in allentown right?

epic_civic

Dude sick build! can't wait to hear about it after the first run! i'm starting a new build myself and was also thinking about going with an ls swap, i've got a 98 lx with the stock motor blown, a buddy of mine gave me his d15b7 but i'm just gonna sell that and use the money for the ls. But dude, def let me know how it runs, the photos are good btw!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I hope to get it tuned within a month or so. The place im taking it go get it tuned is a place called innovative motorworks and the guy who tunes for me is john at jk tuning. Hes tuned 2 of my swaps and pulled very good power outta both. But hes very busy right now, lol
Anyway yeah dude def when i get it running im down for meeting up with ya. When its ready to be driven ill have to get ahold of you. You live in allentown right?
Soundds good I've heard good things about JK Tuning as well so I know you're going to make out well. You will certainly put down more power than my build... at least until I can manage the funding for a bigger turbo ... so at least 2 years haha.

Yes I do live in the Allentown area! Just PM me when your done or something, I'm subscribed so your thread so I'll check back once in awhile.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Soundds good I've heard good things about JK Tuning as well so I know you're going to make out well. You will certainly put down more power than my build... at least until I can manage the funding for a bigger turbo ... so at least 2 years haha.

Yes I do live in the Allentown area! Just PM me when your done or something, I'm subscribed so your thread so I'll check back once in awhile.
Lol well time should tell, im thinking right now i might shoot for a mild tune right now, at least to get use to the car then shoot for a higher number, lol. But hey once your at that 350-450hp range, in the first 2 gears unless boost by gear is being used its just a spinning match anyway, lol. Your turbo is at least all nice and shiny haha.

And yeah i will do that, sounds good tho, talk to ya soon