One project short lived, Another one Started(94 ex coupe)

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like a fun build. Cant wait to see the final product
Thanks, me either, lol

Dude sick build! can't wait to hear about it after the first run! i'm starting a new build myself and was also thinking about going with an ls swap, i've got a 98 lx with the stock motor blown, a buddy of mine gave me his d15b7 but i'm just gonna sell that and use the money for the ls. But dude, def let me know how it runs, the photos are good btw!
I will let ya know, and thanks

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
She Drives!!

So it saw the road for the first time. Everything checks out driving wise. The only issue is the breaks are a little iffy and it needs an alignment since we put the manual rack in it. The biggest issue is it wont build more then 5 lbs mostly because once it build that much it pegs dead rich on the wideband and i guess its fouling out the plugs. Not quite sure why its doing that because on my friends car which is also an ls/vtec this basemap tune runs the car great. So idk maybe timing is off but yeah she runs and runs well until it builds 5 lbs or so, lol

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now Tune That b***h!!!!!
lol i plan on it as soon as i can get it in, theres a few things i wanna try to fix first

Oh and heres some finished pics of it, i must say tho, the car looks alot better in person then through these pics ha

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Updates!!!

So i just realized i forgot to update this thing so here it goes. We FINALLY worked all the kinks out and also realized that the spring thats in this wastegate wasnt a 10lb spring like thought. It was a 6lb spring. So the reason the car was breaking up is because the combustion chambers were being flooded almost with the amount of fuel that was being dumped in there thus not allowing it to run right. Part of the issue was bad dizzy another was bad plugs and too much fuel. So we threw an b&m fpr on there to pull some fuel out since this tune is naturally a rich tune.

Did all that and the car now rips. Even for just 6lbs it pulls hard, lol. I cant tell yet if the b16 gearing is hurting me but for the fact that i have an lsd im keeping the trans for now.
Ran the car at the track too about a month ago and her best time was a 13.3 at 108 i believe which i thought isnt too shabby for 6lbs of boost.

Never had one issue with the car after all the kinks were worked outta her. But i just recently pulled her off the road to finish doing some things that needed to be done before it even saw street time.
One of those is putting on a catch can
cutting out the exhaust resonator because quite frankly the car is too quiet and i want it to make a little more noise lol.
All the other stuff is just minor dumb stuff but she is getting a tune up and were upping the boost to 10lbs so hopefully no issues happen at this point, haha Guess time will tell Anyway heres some pics of the car how it looked over the last month or so.

My subframe brace and bar along with polished control arms

I love black on black and the EK sideskirts are def growing on me What do you guys think?

Well this other then an engine bay shot is my favorite lol

In a wash bay with my friends Si. His car is powered by my old high comp ls/vtec motor

A cool shot from my friends car on the way to the track

Another shot from my friends car on the way to Carlisle to the performance and style car show

Got bored and took this from my room...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Glad to see things have been working out man. Tuned yet.. if so what kind of power is it putting down? My tranny sucks as well, I get the worst highway gas mileage because its a 99' Si tranny with short gearing. I still don't have an LSD either... but my tune has some fancy stuff to prevent major wheelspin/hop.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad to see things have been working out man. Tuned yet.. if so what kind of power is it putting down? My tranny sucks as well, I get the worst highway gas mileage because its a 99' Si tranny with short gearing. I still don't have an LSD either... but my tune has some fancy stuff to prevent major wheelspin/hop.
Thanks man, And no still no tune :oops: lol. The tune that im running on ran the car perfect other then it running rich. Got a fuel pressure regulator to help fix that some. Its a street tune for a gsr on 9 or 10lbs so we will see what happens. I still dont know the power shes making yet either. If i had to guess i would say right at or below 300whp. With me turning the boost up 4lbs ill be prolly close to 350whp. The car would be tuned by now but several things have prevented that. The biggest one is i had to keep dumping cash into my daily cause it was having motor issues. Now its finally good running so i can focus my attention back into this car. :D The other reason i havent tuned it yet is cause i wanna tune on e85 and the intitial conversion is gonna cost me a good bit. Injectors are gonna cost me at least 300, my tune 300, and my tuning software& hardware another 400. So its gonna take me awhile to save up. So for now 10lbs will be the cutoff. ha

My b16 LSD actually i dont mind right now other then when driving it far but so far i have only gone on the highway once, lol.
Ill be honest tho i am not on the boost your on yet but idk if its the lsd or what but i have absolutely no wheel hop and wheel spin isnt all that bad. We will see what its like on 10lbs once shes back on the road after i install a catch can and other minor mods =)

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Updates!!!

So car is finally back on the road. Shes also on 10lbs and damn did it make a difference. Shes def very quick now lol.
Catch can hooked up now also. The only bad thing i found out is that i need an my turbo rebuilt but we will see if an oil restrictor might help prolong the life a bit more, time will tell i guess. There prolly wont be many more updates just little things until the motor comes out this winter she gets a full wiretuck and new manifold

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
new pics, and slight update

Well heres some new pics my buddy took for me, there pretty sick

And while im on it this is the new manifold im ordering. The one i have is ok but its just building up too much heat, i dont really like that plus i think its holding me back on power also. Anyways heres a quick pick of what im going with

and the pics

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man, hate it that i didnt find this till now. LOVE IT. you didan awesome job with staying grounded. EK skirts look good and the black on black is killing it. Good luck. In for more updates.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man

man, hate it that i didnt find this till now. LOVE IT. you didan awesome job with staying grounded. EK skirts look good and the black on black is killing it. Good luck. In for more updates.
Haha thank you kind sir. A lot of people have been liking the the EK sideskirts and they have def grown on me also.
I def like the black on black a lot also, the tint even makes it look better lol
Anyways thanks and yeah there should be some more updates here soon.
nice build bro.... i cant wait to start mine.
Thank you yeah its been a fun build so far

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some Vids of my setup

Nothing special, just a inside an outside shot of me trying to do a burnout but didnt go so well
And a 1st-4th pull
Lemme know what you guys think