anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah i read it.. if you have such a great understanding, than what does it do? what does the controller look like, or even the console?
what kind of games are they gonna release with it? does it even read disk's if everythings going to be downloadable? can it play dvd's? blu ray's? how about cd's? can you save music onto it?
if no major companies are going to sign with this company and make legit games than who is makeing them? what games were a big hit from Ubisoft, Atari, and third party vendors,? (i cant think of any) do you even buy third party vendor games for your console now? .is this console wifi? or do you need to connect with ethernet cable? how many people can play on one console? what will the console come with?

excuse me if i asked alot, but i didnt get s**t for answer's on the article
i think you're completely missing the point here. consider the experience-delivering technology, not the classical aspects of gaming we've all grown accustomed to.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the idea is cool and is probably going to take some time to work out the kinks after it goes live... but all in all im not convinced

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly, it wasnt a short read but everything was described very accurately in the article. Even though there will likely be a monthly charge, due to not needing to distribute the games, the games will cost less. Im a 360 guy so I pay full price for games and pay for Live service. But even for a PS3 person, it seems like the lower price of the game should offset the cost of monthly access.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Overall I think this is a pretty cool concept.
Minus the massive lag inherit in this kind of system.

Not to mention the bandwidth requirements to stream HD and larger resolutions at 60fps. Unless you've got Fios or some other fiber connection, it just isn't going to work.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly have no idea why you are banking so much on this... Its not going to last.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it sounds like a company making a bunch of bullshit promises

No lag?
well hopefully in time our broadband speeds will be sufficient so that there wont be any perceived lag...
but that has nothing to do with this company

magical compression techniques? yeah, that sounds swell and dandy... but again, bullshit

quakelive is pretty cool, and other games like it will be pretty cool... but it will not replace the console any time soon.

this is no threat to consoles, it's just a niche competitor that so far hasnt offered anything

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah look how awsome webtv was...... enter sarcasm here

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i read it.. if you have such a great understanding, than what does it do? what does the controller look like, or even the console?
what kind of games are they gonna release with it? does it even read disk's if everythings going to be downloadable? can it play dvd's? blu ray's? how about cd's? can you save music onto it?
if no major companies are going to sign with this company and make legit games than who is makeing them? what games were a big hit from Ubisoft, Atari, and third party vendors,? (i cant think of any) do you even buy third party vendor games for your console now? .is this console wifi? or do you need to connect with ethernet cable? how many people can play on one console? what will the console come with?

excuse me if i asked alot, but i didnt get s**t for answer's on the article
The "controller" would be whatever you're accustomed to using, right? If this system is streaming the game to your pc, wouldn't you just use your mouse and keyboard? It's the same for the consoles and their respective controllers. It doesn't reinvent gaming, it just reinvents how we get them.

it sounds like a company making a bunch of bullshit promises

No lag?
well hopefully in time our broadband speeds will be sufficient so that there wont be any perceived lag...
but that has nothing to do with this company

magical compression techniques? yeah, that sounds swell and dandy... but again, bullshit

quakelive is pretty cool, and other games like it will be pretty cool... but it will not replace the console any time soon.

this is no threat to consoles, it's just a niche competitor that so far hasnt offered anything
:word: Though, the concept is pretty interesting.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I doubt this will take off..

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
reminds me 100% of the phantom

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice idea, but I won't use it. Well maybe. Depends really on the fees and everything.

edit:
I'm still surprised people remembered the Phantom.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edit:
I'm still surprised people remembered the Phantom.
People don't... I do, lol

I keep up on stupid info that has no real importance in life.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont know, the whole "join thousands of games instantly" seems like a prime place for some gaming trolls to hang out.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i remember segatv

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
um... do you mean the attachment for the gamegear?
i thought it was the Saturn. but same concept. payed a monthly fee, and could choose from many sega games to play whenever you wanted. just scroll through the list, and play. every month, the list was changed, so you always had something new to play.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So where do I put the disc in? what if I only have RF connections on my TV? :lol: