Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

1slowdseries

5+ Year Member
nice wright up. i live in a lil town and my car has been busted into twice already. they are everywhere.

cksnah252

Mr.Spades4o1
5+ Year Member
This will come in handy soon for me! Man I wished I could of looked at this earlier, because couple months ago, my uncles b20/vtec integ got stolen. No they didn't start it up, instead, them motherfuckers towed the car away from his driveway! Anyways, we found the car like a day later, and the motor was already gone...... dam that car was nice and fast (well for me at least :D) and now everything just went down the drain.....
By the way, thanks for the write up mangs!

wescoasia

5+ Year Member
I am a newb to this forum, just bought a sixth gen Civic and was looking for security/theft deterrent options.

After reading through some of the threads, the most intriguing option to me was Ravelco. I am really wondering why this is not a more commonly discussed option among Honda enthusiasts.

For those who haven't seen/heard about it, here are some video clips and info:

http://www.ravelco.com/video/video1.html

http://www.ravelco.com/history.htm

I realize this is their own website and obviously would write good things about themselves, but from what I've seen in the clips, as well as several testimonials on other threads, the product is legit and makes sense.

Do any of you guys have other information to refute that? Any sort of perspective would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

wescoasia

5+ Year Member
I am a newb to this forum, just bought a sixth gen Civic and was looking for security/theft deterrent options.

After reading through some of the threads, the most intriguing option to me was Ravelco. I am really wondering why this is not a more commonly discussed option among Honda enthusiasts.

For those who haven't seen/heard about it, here are some video clips and info:

http://www.ravelco.com/video/video1.html

http://www.ravelco.com/history.htm

I realize this is their own website and obviously would write good things about themselves, but from what I've seen in the clips, as well as several testimonials on other threads, the product is legit and makes sense.

Do any of you guys have other information to refute that? Any sort of perspective would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
OK, more research into it, and I guess some people have had problems with their batteries being drained because of Ravelco. Plus, they have some weak policies and bad customer service. Those are the bads. But it still seems like a decent option, on top of having Lo Jack or a pager to locate if they straight up tow your car or put it on a flatbed. Thoughts?

wescoasia

5+ Year Member
OK, more research into it, and I guess some people have had problems with their batteries being drained because of Ravelco. Plus, they have some weak policies and bad customer service. Those are the bads. But it still seems like a decent option, on top of having Lo Jack or a pager to locate if they straight up tow your car or put it on a flatbed. Thoughts?
OK, upon even more research, it's not such a good option after all.

read: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2069021

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i got an alarm put on my car i think it has an immobilizer option to it so it wont start idk if thats the same thing you guys are talking about but yea...is it?

grfnkl

5+ Year Member
can you put in alarm into a car that doesn't have power locks?
Yes.

Just wanted to throw this out their for all those looking to protecting their investment. My wife had a 00 Si which was sadly stolen and stripped. When she bought a new car she got an RSX-S but after so many attempt of the civic being stolen she became super paranoid that this will happen again. Her new alarm she put into her RSX has a "car jacking feature". in order to drive the car you have to enter a code in on the key pad. if you don't you can start driving the car however the car will shut down after about 50 feet. The alarm is also set up so if the power is cut to it their is an aux battery that will still power the system. This won't stop the car from being stolen by towing but it at least will help prevent other attempts.

brick

Good article. Im definally putting an alarm on my hatch, those bastards arn't getting my car. It does make sense to spend $300 on an alarm than lose a $3000 dollar car. And I'm definally getting a kill switch. I just need to figure out a way of locking the theif in my car if they try to steal it...

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
there is lots of other ways also i know this might sound like a pain but re locate your ecu so you can un plug it easily because i dont care how good a theif is if there is no ecu that car is not going anywhere! Also go to wal mart and buy a baby monitoring system one stays in your car the other goes with you... you might look funny carrying one around with you but its better than getting your car stolen! also go anywhere that sells pre paid phones and get a 10$ card and hide that phone in your dash cuz police can track it the only down fall is you have to keep it charged. You can also pull out your fuel pump fuse its not the best and you can only hope your thief is not carrying one. Also get a removable steering wheel its hard to drive a car when you cant steer it!!!!! please feel free to add on to this anyone because we all love our hondas and we want to keep them!

brick

there is lots of other ways also i know this might sound like a pain but re locate your ecu so you can un plug it easily because i dont care how good a theif is if there is no ecu that car is not going anywhere! Also go to wal mart and buy a baby monitoring system one stays in your car the other goes with you... you might look funny carrying one around with you but its better than getting your car stolen! also go anywhere that sells pre paid phones and get a 10$ card and hide that phone in your dash cuz police can track it the only down fall is you have to keep it charged. You can also pull out your fuel pump fuse its not the best and you can only hope your thief is not carrying one. Also get a removable steering wheel its hard to drive a car when you cant steer it!!!!! please feel free to add on to this anyone because we all love our hondas and we want to keep them!
Good points, but they could just tow your car. So a removable steering wheel and ECU isn't a sure guarentee. I think we'll be seeing alot of people just towing cars now instead of trying to drive it away. Alot of people probably wouldn't even think twice about seeing a car towed away, would just asume that they dude didn't pay for the car or had alot of unpaid tickets. People are stupid when it comes to things like this.

grfnkl

5+ Year Member
^ thats very true. I've seen people put those club "boot" things on and even that i doubt would stop a tow job. You can go the route of Lojack but that's only as good as the police dept. that's monitoring it as another option.

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
ya it wont stop a tow but still someone would have to be really determind to find a tailer or dolley and a truck and even if it did get reported there wont be much of a high speed chase lol so thats a plus that your car wont get wrecked and they will get caught unless it turns to a foot chase but still your car is sitting on a trailer safe and sound!!! or you can make it twice as hard for them to tow by not keeping your wheels straight cuz its hard to get a car on a trailer when it wont go straight lol

bluespyder

5+ Year Member
after reading everyone's comment,all sound like pretty good ideas.alarms are a +,the extra siren inside the care is excellent,the kill switch,hood pins etc etc.but i would go an extra step n put some air bags on it,have it sittin on the ground.that way no dollies or tow truck can move it.
best thing u can do is beaware of your surroundings.sometimes is the ppl from your own neighborhood that jack your s**t.so to be bumpin your system loud when u pulling to your house or peeling out from your driveway.
it all depends on where u live too.im glad they past that law in florida where u can shoot someone with JUST CAUSE to protect your property,on my way to get my license,lol.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after reading everyone's comment,all sound like pretty good ideas.alarms are a +,the extra siren inside the care is excellent,the kill switch,hood pins etc etc.but i would go an extra step n put some air bags on it,have it sittin on the ground.that way no dollies or tow truck can move it.
best thing u can do is beaware of your surroundings.sometimes is the ppl from your own neighborhood that jack your s**t.so to be bumpin your system loud when u pulling to your house or peeling out from your driveway.
it all depends on where u live too.im glad they past that law in florida where u can shoot someone with JUST CAUSE to protect your property,on my way to get my license,lol.

You can get a top of the line alarm and install it yourself for around $300, kill switches for cheap, etc, but what you are suggesting is going to be very expensive. Do you know what it runs to do airbags correctly? Last time I checked you are going to be in the ball park of $2k+.

bluespyder

5+ Year Member
You can get a top of the line alarm and install it yourself for around $300, kill switches for cheap, etc, but what you are suggesting is going to be very expensive. Do you know what it runs to do airbags correctly? Last time I checked you are going to be in the ball park of $2k+.
i hear ya,but thats if u have the money to burn and u want them.
just have to keep your s**t on the low n hope no one jacks your s**t

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
got mine stolen a couple months back. they were kind enough to leave my motor, trans and rims along with pretty much everything else. they took my grill, side skirts, carbon fiber intake, subs, deck and a couple other things. if they want it they will find a way to steal it nothin you can do about it. i hooked up a super loud horn to my immobilizer from my alarm system so if they try again their head will explode! ten points for me