Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

IZOMBIE

5+ Year Member
a my own diy ravelco would cut the fuel, stater, ecu, and clutch would do it...........man that a lot of wiring.

walleeezy

5+ Year Member
Just got my em1 a couple week ago. Was thinking about some security setups, thanks for the hints!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just got a 2 way installed into my hatch..

How would I go about adding a second siren to the car? Just splice into the current siren's wire?

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the moral of the story is your car is only safe when its in the garage

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
plenty cars have been stolen from garages before.
But then again, it makes it harder for the thief to steal. And most of the time someone who had their car stolen from a garage probably had something VERY valuable.

My cousin has a 240 on 18" Volks. He has it parked in front of his house and rarely drives it. He daily drives an EG and a Spec-V. They were going to throw a party so he turned on the 240 and drove it around the block. He made a u-Turn and ALL the rims came off and some started bouncing. The thieves that were going to steal the rims decided to remove the lugs, then come back later and remove the rims. Lucky ass!! Its not in his garage.

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alot of garages give a thief privacy, my neighbor has his Si stolen from his garage that was behind his house behind a locked fence. they take their jolly ole time breaking in and pushing the car out to the truck, Good thing cops rolled around the corner and caught them in the act.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not reading this s**t. i think i posted in it a while ago. heres a couple things ive learned...

my freind showed my how a thief steals a honda or acura. once inside your car, it will take about 15 seconds and theyre gone. il have pics later. youll laugh at how easy it is.

if i wanted to open your hood, i would go to the drivers side wheel and reach under the fender liner and pull on the cable. if you re rerouted it, good for you. now im going to break your grill and get to the cable that way. once the hood is open and the alarm goes off, i just disconnect the battery. if you have a backup battery and a pager, you might have a chance. otherwire i would cut the wires to all the siren and horns. after that your car is helpless.

the way most people wire alarms are a joke. any moron can figure out which wire now has a relay in it if its under the steering colum. i suggest telling the installer to use your fuel pump wire. a theif will get thrown off if they dont know this.

now all those clutch, steering, brake and gas pedal locks dont work. they can be bent in a couple seconds. just pull them to the side and theyre done.

taking your ecu out can work sometimes. the problem is you can take a d series ecu and make it run a bseries/h series. as long as they know what year the car is they can match the harness to the ecu. for example a 92-95 civic uses a p06 or p28. a 96 civic uses a obd2a p2p or p2e.

the dealer keys with chips in them. i think the 02-05 si has em and the rsx type s has them. they work thru the ecu. if you have kpro, you can disable the key code thing and start the car. they just get your old ecu out and plug the kpro in.

those wheel boot things dont work unless you have some really good lug nuts. you can take a screwdriver and hammer to turn the lug nuts. you can also use those striped nut remover things depending on the rims.

the fuel pump writeup trick on here can work if the thief cant get the rear seat up. f**k the switch. theyre not going to look for that. once they find the cut and new wire, they know to connect the 2 wires to the way they were and theyre off. this also goes for the drivers kickpanel. its not hard to figure out

one thing that ive seen that has bin bulletproof so far is to get a combination lock. look under the driversside and look for the bar the goes from the steering colum to the firewall. there is a little spot where you can put a lock. if you look at it theres is almost no way a thief is going to get lock cutters in there. this will make it impossible for the theif to turn the car. if you cant turn the wheel on the car, you cant drive it.

thats all i can think of right now. ive placed with hondas for a while. ive learned some of these things the hard way. just looking out for everyone. :thumbs up

DAMN RICAN

5+ Year Member
THANKS FOR THE INFO...BUT as a prior car theif (i was young) i know how to protect my civic. The info ur giving is great so ill use it but if you get my civic u deserve it!!!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im not reading this s**t. i think i posted in it a while ago. heres a couple things ive learned...

my freind showed my how a thief steals a honda or acura. once inside your car, it will take about 15 seconds and theyre gone. il have pics later. youll laugh at how easy it is.

if i wanted to open your hood, i would go to the drivers side wheel and reach under the fender liner and pull on the cable. if you re rerouted it, good for you. now im going to break your grill and get to the cable that way. once the hood is open and the alarm goes off, i just disconnect the battery. if you have a backup battery and a pager, you might have a chance. otherwire i would cut the wires to all the siren and horns. after that your car is helpless.

the way most people wire alarms are a joke. any moron can figure out which wire now has a relay in it if its under the steering colum. i suggest telling the installer to use your fuel pump wire. a theif will get thrown off if they dont know this.

now all those clutch, steering, brake and gas pedal locks dont work. they can be bent in a couple seconds. just pull them to the side and theyre done.

taking your ecu out can work sometimes. the problem is you can take a d series ecu and make it run a bseries/h series. as long as they know what year the car is they can match the harness to the ecu. for example a 92-95 civic uses a p06 or p28. a 96 civic uses a obd2a p2p or p2e.

the dealer keys with chips in them. i think the 02-05 si has em and the rsx type s has them. they work thru the ecu. if you have kpro, you can disable the key code thing and start the car. they just get your old ecu out and plug the kpro in.

those wheel boot things dont work unless you have some really good lug nuts. you can take a screwdriver and hammer to turn the lug nuts. you can also use those striped nut remover things depending on the rims.

the fuel pump writeup trick on here can work if the thief cant get the rear seat up. f**k the switch. theyre not going to look for that. once they find the cut and new wire, they know to connect the 2 wires to the way they were and theyre off. this also goes for the drivers kickpanel. its not hard to figure out

one thing that ive seen that has bin bulletproof so far is to get a combination lock. look under the driversside and look for the bar the goes from the steering colum to the firewall. there is a little spot where you can put a lock. if you look at it theres is almost no way a thief is going to get lock cutters in there. this will make it impossible for the theif to turn the car. if you cant turn the wheel on the car, you cant drive it.

thats all i can think of right now. ive placed with hondas for a while. ive learned some of these things the hard way. just looking out for everyone. :thumbs up
Someone NEEDs to post t his on the first page along with the OP's original post.

I already found my way around a few of those things. Specially the "cut sirent" cable part :cool:

As for the fuel pump kill switch, you said a thief will lift the seat and reconnect cables. Ok, now what if the cables are closer to the drivers seat or shift linkage. Thatll be pretty hard to find.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alot of garages give a thief privacy, my neighbor has his Si stolen from his garage that was behind his house behind a locked fence. they take their jolly ole time breaking in and pushing the car out to the truck, Good thing cops rolled around the corner and caught them in the act.
Garage sharing a wall with the bedroom ftw.

Out of sight, out of mind, can be plenty in a lot of situations, but it's not ideal.

IgotLove4CiVic

5+ Year Member
since u said ur a police officer, any tips about what can of moding we shouldn't do u know this and that. Or more like what we shouldn't do, the whole situation about having a carb legal sticker, what if u dont have the sticker will u have to take it off when u get caught?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since u said ur a police officer, any tips about what can of moding we shouldn't do u know this and that. Or more like what we shouldn't do, the whole situation about having a carb legal sticker, what if u dont have the sticker will u have to take it off when u get caught?
thread jack much?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Most thieves would rather steal a car from the street than a closed garage, regardless of the privacy. What is the thief to do when the owner comes in with a shot gun??

Unless you have an ITR.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey can you elaborate on the combination lock to the steering colomn? Maybe pictures or describe where it is a lil better? Thanks man

genobee

5+ Year Member
just put a removable steering wheel with hub lock and yol be str8, unless they have a tow truck.