Registering skyline in US?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, so im in orlando florida right now. Driving on some road off 72 and see a r32 skyline (beautiful, slightly modded) sitting at an auto shop. Go to take pics, guy comes out and asks if i wanna buy it. I was like hellz yea cuz i know ill get approved for a 10k loan (i have 5k cash already). Now i did some research and only the r33 is registerable supposedly. To register the r32 or r34 you must use a loop hole in the law and assemble it as a kit car after its shpped in pieces. He said that was never done but showed me the title and registration papers. If such is not possible, the papers must be fake, right? or im missing something... someone please explain. Idw buy a car and not be able to drive it.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
could always just use it as a track car if u wasnt able to put a tag on it

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ill upload pics on thursday night. And idw spend mula on something i cant drive on the street. Call me stupid, but i would drive that mofo errwhere.

dani92

5+ Year Member
Go back there and get the VIN and then get the carfax and u will know if they were real or fake papers

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a lot of the skylines were shipped by motorex before they shut down and all the ones that are here now are grandfathered in by law. so it is most likely a legit r34 that is legal in the US. or it could be a skyline made by a guy named daryl Alison who brings r34's and other skyline models and get's them road approved by modifying the chassis of the car and putting in dot glass, and then sells the shell and RB26DETT seperate from the car making the car a part rather than a car which the government ignores. i've done a lot of research on this haha

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
damn i used to see a guy rolling round here w/ a white R32. can't believe he did all this for that mofo. But i would give my left nut to just drive one on these streets....

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from what i read they had to approved within 120 days of arrival, which proves to be difficult. But current laws allow r33 only, so ill look into the grandfathered thing.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Other option: put 240sx vins on it and register as 240 with skyline conversion reciepts lol. prolly not

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
R32 is registrable. You have to bring it up to US Safety regulations. Not easy, and not cheap. That's why most R32s and R33s are going for 15-18K

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
register a PO box in canada and register it in canada and drive it here lol

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So he may not be lying?
Nope. There's plenty of R32s on the road, it just comes down to if you want to spend the money.

Look at adding roughly 10,000 to the price of buying an R32 in Japan.

It's quite stupid, and I wish someone with money would fight the government on the safety of these cars, they are safe, and the emissions part is stupid.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
register a PO box in canada and register it in canada and drive it here lol
I buddy of mine registered an RV to a nevada PO box so that he doesn't have to pay california's crazy registration fees, came to bite him in the ass because they fined him more than the cost of the actual RV...

Sweet-N-Sour

5+ Year Member
Nope. There's plenty of R32s on the road, it just comes down to if you want to spend the money.

Look at adding roughly 10,000 to the price of buying an R32 in Japan.

It's quite stupid, and I wish someone with money would fight the government on the safety of these cars, they are safe, and the emissions part is stupid.
:word: especially in California! :smackself

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just went by what eBay says. They have a huge wright up about it

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It was written by someone and it's a few years old.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Remember, if you register a car with the NHTSA as a Display or Show car, you have 2500 miles a year to drive the car. Which doesn't sound like much, but it's still 200 miles a month, or for the NE people, 600-700 miles a month for Summer :lol: