Reliability history of your 6th gen?

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000 SiR has 94000 KM (58400 Miles)

Rear Strut started leaking couple months ago. Replace both rear struts with KYB GR2s

Otherwise Nothing but regular maintenace. Really happy with the reliability

saiban

CivicSI
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99 si turbo with 89,000 on it runs like a champ no major problems except

change CV axles
Tranny fluid
Oil
Thats really all about it and i drive this car daily at about 50-130 miles a day and drive it kinda hard i know i shouldnt but its all freeway.

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1996 DX, 68k, bought a few years ago (10/02) at 53k. Since then:

O2 Sensor died, exhaust centre section rusted through, boot leak and slow power windows are the only problems I have had.

All fluids flushed at 12 month, filters, plugs etc., routine checks each month... usual stuff.

a96710

5+ Year Member
1996 LX, bought it with 96k about a yaer and a half ago and now it has about 130k. I haven't had any problems except the pass. window is a lil slow. I've jsut done regular maintence to it. I need to adjust the valves soon, they're ticking kinda loud.

munsterEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1997 CX w/ 185,000+ miles. Bought it only about a year ago with 170,000 miles from my cousin for $1000. I replaced the master cylinder and rear section of the exhaust. Shifter bushings are bad, but they'll be replaced soon. Starts and runs strong every day.

1998 DX w/ 90,000+ miles. Bought brand new when the 99s came out. No major mishaps other than the usual nasty hatch leak. I'm still trying to figure out where it's coming in. I also have a problem with it cracking exhaust flanges because there's no flex joint and no cat.

Oh, both cars have the climate control light problem that most 6 gens get at some point. Where the lights don't work.

Honda Reliability is A1.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my civic's been running fine with no problems whatsoever. i have 104,xxx miles one it too.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
00 si 46,000 miles

-had to grind front rotors (need to do it again)
-driver side window popped out of track, just keeping it lubricated seems to work
-nothing out of the ordinary for schedule tune ups and fluid changes

car drives great!

Oni

konyero
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98 EX Coupe - d16y8
I bought it September 2004 with 95,000 miles on the odo. Now it's up to 105,000 miles and haven't had any serious problems yet.
I get 25 to 30 miles per gallon even if I drive it hard. I push it beyond vtec every chance I get and test the traction of my tires on a daily basis. I've lowered it, slapped on some 205/50r15 wheels & tires, and installed an intake.
I don't think the brakes were designed to be driven like I drive so I threw on some 99-00 SI rear disks and added the SI rear sway bar.

Beefs with my car:
Slow Passenger window. Rear seats are sun-bleached. Headlights yellow easily and need constant waxing.
Axles just started clicking at around 103,000 mi. on the odo - CV boots are cracking too
Clutch is starting to slip slightly.

Weak points of 6gen civics:
axles & boots seem to wear quickly
Slow passenger window
Headlights turn yellow
stupid 96-98 cup holder latch breaks too easy

Overall, it's a great car and I'm glad I bought it.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
2000 civic si w. 52xxx miles

not a single problem. car runs like a champ

munsterEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forgot to list that both of my 6th gens have broken hood latch handles.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hood latch has locked up and now has trouble locking. Looks like it's a problem with a spring. ( I had replaced the hood latch cable after the handle snapped off one day. Since then the spring has been f**king up.)

Rubber molding on the moonroof bulges up slightly and I have the common aethistic problem of the coupe rear quarter glass sucking in at the back of the panel.

Leak in the trunk underneath the passenger side speaker. Source of leak not yet determined.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i havd to replace the drivers side window motor right after i got it but that was covered in the warenty. rear section of exhaust rusted through 2 yrs ago. center section just rusted. basic maintaince. runs great.

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Rubber molding on the moonroof bulges up slightly
I got one of those! I totally forgot about it! Also on the windscreen - its gone 'rippley' on me.

NOFX said:
Leak in the trunk underneath the passenger side speaker. Source of leak not yet determined.
Leaky civic's seem to be very common. I had four leaks in mine, all fixed now though. If your interested I did a howto on all the locations - http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=51672. Hope it helps.

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2KSIR said:
2000 SiR has 94000 KM (58400 Miles)

Rear Strut started leaking couple months ago. Replace both rear struts with KYB GR2s

Otherwise Nothing but regular maintenace. Really happy with the reliability
Update:

Car now has 98000 KM and needs the front drivers side wheel bearing replaced. Getting that done April 21.

Otherwise no other issues.

ryanM

P0gKai said:
98 LX

27,900 Miles, only replaced the primary oxygen sensor.

no problems so far.
^^^^^^ how the hell do you have such low miles?

99 ex with 80,xxx miles

bought it in december and so far runs like a champ (crossin fingers) =)

StockOEMsI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 00 si. I bought it from a lady with 26k... Now it's 83K miles...never had to replace anything yet, except the all the vital fluids, (brakes, coolant, transmission & oil) as rec. in the manual. I think that's because its stock. Cars last longer if you keep them stock...As soon as you starts to modify them, they starts to have problems.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ might want to change that timing belt. the only thing ive replaced on the car was the timing belt when i bought it. Other than that....nothing. not a single repair/replacement needed.

bought the car with 63k, now has 102k have had the car for almost 4 years. 10k a year aint bad at all.