Rex_89s build up thread

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Figured I'd finally start up a build up thread. For those who dont know I have a 89 crx with a B20b in it that I swaped in last October. I ran a 14.3 my first time at the track. I'll be going back soon to see if I can bring it down a little. But as of right now, im in the process of building the crx a little more.

First thing that I will be doing is the motor. I just picked up these parts the other day....

CTR crank pulley and AEM Fuel Rail

Just picked up my B16 head for B20vtec

Its a complete B16 head off a 99-00 Si

Valves

Heres a pic of what my car looks like right now

I'll try my best to keep you guys updated as my project progress. It probably wont be a fast moving build, im trying to take my time and also need to save all my money. Let me know what you think.

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That looks like its gonna be sweet a friend of mine has a b20vtec but hasnt got it tuned so you was beat by a d16y7 from a roll but tell us how it works out and also what you think of the crank pulley i might get one latter.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ohh. Looking nice. I need to sell my AEM fuel rail.. damn.

-Jason

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Out with the old.......and in with the NEW!!!!!!!!!!!

Old b16 Cams...

Old B16 Springs and Retainers...

B16 head resurfaced and washed...

New Valve Seals and a 3 angle valve job...

New ITR Cams...

New Supertech Springs and Titanium Retainers...

Before...

After...

Thanks to Blacktrax for rebuilding my head!!!!!

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking nice so far.hope to see low 13's or high 12's this time around.g/l with the project

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looking good. keep us updated on the build.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also upgraded the interior a little bit too. Im slowly trying to get rid of the blue interior and put the black and gray SI interior in. I already got the seats and now I got...

SI door panels...

I got all the back panels and the little cover things too

The dash and the carpet are pretty much the only things left that are still blue. Im working on that, but it will probably be a little while.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
good idea. i was gonna suggest getting vtec in the 1/4 mile thread. 14.3 is pretty impressive, but you'll notice a lot more on the street/highway. good luck,

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks bro. Im hoping to be done with my build sometime in June. Just in time to make it to our next big event at the Sacramento Raceway. Depending on how much hp I pull out, we might be looking at some 12sec 1/4 mile runs. As long as I have a good set of slicks.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my DX came with black/grey interior

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lucky...maybe only the HFs come with the blue interior. Did it have the crx on the door panels too?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i want you to do some research on that crank pulley before u run it. and also keep in mind the person telling u the "facts." theres a lot of people saying some bad things about that pulley on higher horsepower applications. from the info that i gathered, i decided that it just wasnt worth the risk. fluidamper makes a really nice and expensive crank pulley and u can also dont some work to the stock one to make it lighter. for more info on that, u can check my thread out. i didnt cover it too much though. just the basics, i think.

what parts are u runniing? what pistons? what valves? u gonna spray?

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually my whole point on the crank pulley wasnt so much that it was lighter, but smaller. To hopefully help this problem...

But I read that you shouldnt put on a crank pulley on if it is cracked or chipped and when mine came in the mail it was cracked a little bit. With a no return policy. Says the cracked pulley could through off the whole crank balance. So im probably not going to put it on.

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow really nice bulid! ^ isnt that what a Harmonic Balencer is for? ^

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It was like Christmas all over again!!!!!!!!!!! :-D I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Only thing that sucked was my amber turn signals weren't in there. I'll have to call them tomorrow. They were also supposed to send me a Passwordjdm mouse pad that I didnt get. Other then that, everything looked good.