Rex_89s build up thread

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sick. what head setup are you doing? i would try disparately to get a hold of some JUN 3 cams.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check page 1. It has my semi - built head. For those of you that are too lazy to check, its a b16 with JDM ITR cams with supertech springs and titanium retainers and a 3 angle valve job.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn man! Send me some money.. I need some right now!! =) lol

I like the update.

-Jason

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm contemplating a similar build for my DA.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Build looks good.

Just curious, but why didn't you put a block guard in? I know some people don't like them but I would've used it on the b20.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man! Send me some money.. I need some right now!! =) lol

I like the update.

-Jason
Oh trust me, I dont know if you noticed, but it takes me a little while to save up. This thing probably wont be in and running until the beginning of next year.

And about the block guard, this dude I know built this motor, and right when I was about to start building mine, he deiced to sell his for like half the price that I would spend to build my own. So I just bought this off him instead. I might still see about the block guard, but I dont know for sure yet.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id post the block before i would use a block gaurd

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, about the over heating. There are some designes that suck and make the cylinders get WAY to hot. Golden Eagle, I believe makes a good one though.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i really like that he used forged internals instead of CTR pistons. The forged pistons will do a lot better without the oil squirters then the cast piston would. i removed the oil squirters in the gsr block i built.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I know its been a while, but I havent really done anything to my car in a while. The only thing that I've really done is I've finally installed my foglights. (Thanks to Joey for showing me where I can find foglight brackets) Now all I need (besides paint and some rims) is my carbon fiber lip that has been a pain in the ass to find......

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it seems so high, man. good job on the front end though. u got that from password? how was the quality when u got it?

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the foglights and the brackets both off Ebay. The foglights were shipped straight from Tokyo Japan, and im not exactly sure where the foglight brackets came from. But the guy called me "mate" if that gives you an idea. I had to do a lot of cutting to the front bumper to make that s**t work. Its probably not exactly the way it was supposed to be, but it works for me. I've had those fog lights for months and im just happy to have them in.

And I know I need to lower the car more. Its just my y pipe (cut out) sticks down hella far and I would be scraping over everything. Right now I hit nothing. Obviously

Blackep925

5+ Year Member
I got the foglights and the brackets both off Ebay. The foglights were shipped straight from Tokyo Japan, and im not exactly sure where the foglight brackets came from. But the guy called me "mate" if that gives you an idea. I had to do a lot of cutting to the front bumper to make that s**t work. Its probably not exactly the way it was supposed to be, but it works for me. I've had those fog lights for months and im just happy to have them in.

And I know I need to lower the car more. Its just my y pipe (cut out) sticks down hella far and I would be scraping over everything. Right now I hit nothing. Obviously
sup man

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn its been a while. The sad thing is I still haven't really done much. Just been slowly, (very slowly) trying to get everything I need to finish my motor. Since my last up date I have gotten,

* My head tapped and all the fittings
* My head gasket
* P28 ecu
* rywire jumper harness kit
* 255 walbro fuel pump
* YS1 cable tranny
* ARP head studs

I still need my 440 injectors and I believe thats it. Besides tuning and all that.

Visually I haven't really done much.

I got a set of slicks with rims from Blackep925. Took it to the track and pulled out a 13.6 with a 1.7 60 foot at 96mph...

And visually I haven't really done much of anything at all. Just a couple of little things...

I got my stock stereo so people wont break into my car for a damn deck...

I got a back seat from a friend

And I got a lip

Not much, but thats it for now!!!!

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man this is lookin really good! I wish i was there to see it at the drags whenever you go. Keep us posted