RIP..the death of my beloved SI

ridin4jesus

5+ Year Member
also on the medical side, have all that documentation and if you can get a second opinion in about a week. Cause dr's never seen the trauma of an accident the day of, your body is gonna feel it in a couple of days, trust me. And if anything happens you can take truck guy to court and sue him for damages. I wish i would have done that with the 240, had it totaled by a camaro who decided to hit the gas on a rainny day from a stop sign, she lost control and total me doin 45 with no seat belt and so i gripped the steering wheel. Didnt go to hospital and now my wrists hurt everytime it rains and i can only put limited pressure on it. So get those ducks in a row man.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeha, I got the x-rays and all that stuff, then later we figure out I have a hairline fractured rib and very painful back trouble now.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the advise guys...i did go to the doc..so i get worse i for sure will go get x-rays..

anybody know how the GAP insurance works..i remebered i got this insurance when i get my Si 3 years ago...will cover anything?

$$boy804$$

Banned
Dude Your Car Aint Dead!!!!same s**t Happened To My Car And I Fixed It For $1200..i'll Bet All You Need Is A New Hood...new Bumper,headlights,radiator,and Radiator Support Bar,and A Fender...if I Was You I Would Bring It Back To Life Like I Did Mine.....think About It ..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$$boy804$$ said:
Dude Your Car Aint Dead!!!!same s**t Happened To My Car And I Fixed It For $1200..i'll Bet All You Need Is A New Hood...new Bumper,headlights,radiator,and Radiator Support Bar,and A Fender...if I Was You I Would Bring It Back To Life Like I Did Mine.....think About It ..
He also looks like he needs a new subframe rail (at least one if not both) and random engine bay pieces. This is more than cosmetic.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn thats horrible. im sorry for you. just be happy u walked out of it... even with some pain.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
$$boy804$$ said:
I had to replace my hood, bumper, grill, one headlight (isnt even oem..) and one fender. After paint, it was $1800 from a reputable shop.. His entire front end is gone so I say its done.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I mean, the only way I'd rebuild it is if you total it out, buy it back and rebuild it as a project. Still going to cost some cash though. Won't be cheap. It only interests me because... come on, you get to rebuild a car.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the replies..i don't i would really want to rebuild it..in my eyes is not rebuilable..my engine is tilted to left athe whole driver side is pushed in..so IDK...also does anybody know if the car gets declared totaled who will do so? My insurance or the other driver insurance? who would take the car?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn broham, that really saddens me, that was one of my fave cars on the site because of the quality of products into it, i'da ripped a f**kers head off if that was me, but at least your typing to us today & afterall cars are replaceable, & i thought i was sad selling mine off i dont' know how i'd feel if it got ranned ova, don't sweat it, now its your chance to either get another or find a dif project car

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
damn broham, that really saddens me, that was one of my fave cars on the site because of the quality of products into it, i'da ripped a f**kers head off if that was me, but at least your typing to us today & afterall cars are replaceable, & i thought i was sad selling mine off i dont' know how i'd feel if it got ranned ova, don't sweat it, now its your chance to either get another or find a dif project car
Thanks man..so im thinking of the new FG2 :P hopefully the insurance company will do me right. But it does suck not having a car to get around..but my bro is my driver in his teg :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
Thanks for the replies..i don't i would really want to rebuild it..in my eyes is not rebuilable..my engine is tilted to left athe whole driver side is pushed in..so IDK...also does anybody know if the car gets declared totaled who will do so? My insurance or the other driver insurance? who would take the car?
Your insurance.

ryanM

i wouldnt be surprised if they do not total it. my car looked about as bad as that, my frame was so bent that my roof was in a "V" shape and they would not declare it totalled. its a 99 EX and the damage was ~$5,500 . they fixed it half ass and gave it back to me. all of my aftermarket parts were gone when i got it back except 1 type R headlight, so now i have 2 different headlights and a car that has the structural rigidity of an aluminum soda can.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
i wouldnt be surprised if they do not total it. my car looked about as bad as that, my frame was so bent that my roof was in a "V" shape and they would not declare it totalled. its a 99 EX and the damage was ~$5,500 . they fixed it half ass and gave it back to me. all of my aftermarket parts were gone when i got it back except 1 type R headlight, so now i have 2 different headlights and a car that has the structural rigidity of an aluminum soda can.
Damn..what insurance company do you have? i have 21st and the other guy had State Farm..i have full cover but he had liability only...

ryanM

LatinEM1 said:
Damn..what insurance company do you have? i have 21st and the other guy had State Farm..i have full cover but he had liability only...
full coverage with Progressive.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This thread is totally sad man thank god your okay. The car is material your life is eternal. Take it as a blessing that you left an accident with minor aches and pains. I hope all turns out for the better and your insurance company takes care of you. Best of luck

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
This thread is totally sad man thank god your okay. The car is material your life is eternal. Take it as a blessing that you left an accident with minor aches and pains. I hope all turns out for the better and your insurance company takes care of you. Best of luck
Thanks for the kind words..

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
Thanks man..so im thinking of the new FG2 :P hopefully the insurance company will do me right. But it does suck not having a car to get around..but my bro is my driver in his teg :lol:
yea fg2 would be mighty nice, i miss my civic at times BUT then i look in the garage at the gix 1k ;) you got a recipt from that hid retro??

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
That's because your insurance company dicked you over. This was cheaper to them I guess. :-/

I had Progressive when I totalled mine too, thank god they totalled it (a-pillar was bent plus the roof, ripples down the sides, entire front smashed in, etc). I did have to fight for the price though since they lowballed me by approximately $2,000.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
yea fg2 would be mighty nice, i miss my civic at times BUT then i look in the garage at the gix 1k ;) you got a recipt from that hid retro??
i payed thru paypal...so i gotta dig up and print the receipts