Glad you got her running. Get it smooth and take view and MOAR BAY PICS

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha I know that feel bro. Congrats, Get that timing right so u can take it around the block. Make sure u do it the the T though. I was driving a round with my exhaust cam a tooth off for a while cuz I'd never done a DOHC and rushed it lol
thanks. the timing belt is set up right, its the ignition i need to get set since the distributor was replaced

Glad you got her running. Get it smooth and take view and MOAR BAY PICS

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
dont worry, they will come eventually

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it now runs perfect but boy is this stage 3 and 8lb flywheel interesting

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean by interesting? Do you like it/don't like it?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean by interesting? Do you like it/don't like it?
i like it, just gotta get use to it. im going from a beat factory clutch with 160k on it to a this so its a big change lol

i do have one issue though, sometimes when i come to a complete stop it shuts off but my idle was set kinda low and my iacv might need to be cleaned out

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice work man. I wanna see some pics. Any details on how to properly adjust the ignition timing because I am changing my distributor as well.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn 90 pages, lets keep it going
what can i say, i dont play no games. might slow down a little bit now since i got some stuff to catch up on

Nice work man. I wanna see some pics. Any details on how to properly adjust the ignition timing because I am changing my distributor as well.
i dont have any pics really of the actual swap progress since i was just in a rush to get it done in time. which i just made since i had to drive back to school today. ill try to go out and take some more. and to set the ignition timing you need a timing light and from there its pretty simple.

put clamp over cylinder one spark plug wire. shine it down at the crank pulley and you will see a little black line on the timing belt cover and with the light three little lines on the pulley. just line the center line on the pulley with the black one going down the valve cover. took me about 30 seconds

Nice make a video
^ x2
glad she lives man im really happy for you.
Moar pics
Thanks guys, ill try to get more pics but i dont have a video camera so cant really make a video. once i get some free time ill go take pics

so it made the three hour drive to school with no problems really, but i still have the idle issue which im questioning if the old fuel filter is clogged and after the drive i noticed some oil coming from near the corner of the valve cover and near the timing belt cover. its dark out so i cant really tell from where exactly but ill take it into the shop and find it. i half assed the last time i put the VC on so the gasket might just not be settled right or its the cam seals. i also need to change these ball joints asap

so review on swap decision. well f**king worth it. nice to know all new parts and i dont have to worry. gas mileage so far hasnt really changed. sounds deeper. a lot quicker than the y7. stage 3 clutch and 8lb flywheel takes some getting use too and you have to drag it to pull out smoothly but i like it. Doing things correctly isnt cheap or easy, but im finding it to be well worth it

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doing things correctly isnt cheap or easy, but im finding it to be well worth it
Every freakin noob should have to read this before they ask their stupid "can i put 15psi on a stock d16 engine" questions lol. Glad you're liking it. Any reason in particular you went with the stage 3 clutch? I wouldn't go over stage 2 unless I was planning on some heavy boost, but thats just me. Oh and go borrow a damn video camera haha.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont have any pics really of the actual swap progress since i was just in a rush to get it done in time. which i just made since i had to drive back to school today. ill try to go out and take some more. and to set the ignition timing you need a timing light and from there its pretty simple.

put clamp over cylinder one spark plug wire. shine it down at the crank pulley and you will see a little black line on the timing belt cover and with the light three little lines on the pulley. just line the center line on the pulley with the black one going down the valve cover. took me about 30 seconds
Awesome, thanks man. Now I just need to find a timing light haha.

Glad you liked your swap. I can't wait to get mine done.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Every freakin noob should have to read this before they ask their stupid "can i put 15psi on a stock d16 engine" questions lol. Glad you're liking it. Any reason in particular you went with the stage 3 clutch? I wouldn't go over stage 2 unless I was planning on some heavy boost, but thats just me. Oh and go borrow a damn video camera haha.
yeah, its not cheap but going only oem parts and doing it right makes life so much easier and less worrying. but um idk. no reason really. got it at a great price and the plan is for ls/v plus boost so i figured i could reuse it. and now that im finding the sweet spots on it, its really not that bad. and i played sports my whole life so i got decent leg strength lol

Awesome, thanks man. Now I just need to find a timing light haha.

Glad you liked your swap. I can't wait to get mine done.
im debating buying one, so if i do ill come up and we can do the swap and time it lol now that ive done it, its super easy. i can basically run a parts list through my head lol

THE WAR IS OVER! the ball joint has been removed and changed with another oem ball joint. i need to do the other side yet, but surprisingly this old one is still tight and has 0 play i in it. just no grease boot. All it took was a oxy/acetylene torch and a big hammer. oh and removal of the entire spindle setup and upper and lower control arms

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
perhaps after work tonight ill go make a video. but it wont be of the engine. i got another short video in mind

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
perhaps after work tonight ill go make a video. but it wont be of the engine. i got another short video in mind
Does it involve smoking tires? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im debating buying one, so if i do ill come up and we can do the swap and time it lol now that ive done it, its super easy. i can basically run a parts list through my head lol
Haha we'll see. What are your plans for the 5th through 9th of April, that's when I'm hoping to do it?

Nice job getting the ball joint out. Tuned in for the vid. =)

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put clamp over cylinder one spark plug wire. shine it down at the crank pulley and you will see a little black line on the timing belt cover and with the light three little lines on the pulley. just line the center line on the pulley with the black one going down the valve cover. took me about 30 seconds[\QUOTE]

Mean it took me 30 secs lol