short shifter question need good advice

94civic4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hello friends .i have a question about short shifters.i have a 94 civic and i would like to know what short shifter is good for that year. i was on ebay and checking out the short shifters and i saw some for less than 20 bucks and it says honda billet aluminum racing short shifter should i go ahead and purchase one .if not let me know which ones would be good.

94civic4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need help on short shifters asap

hello friends .i have a question about short shifters.i have a 94 civic and i would like to know what short shifter is good for that year. i was on ebay and checking out the short shifters and i saw some for less than 20 bucks and it says honda billet aluminum racing short shifter should i go ahead and purchase one .if not let me know which ones would be good

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Short shifters

You need to do it right the first time. I was suckered into an Ebay short shifter and down $25 and 3+ hours under my car. Plain and simple, it didnt fit...just do yourself a favor and go for the best. This is your car, and in it everyday. Dont waist your money and time. I recomend B & M short shifters. IMO they are the best. Good luck.

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we posted this already bro.

NO ALUMINUM IS GOOD
STAY WITH b&m oNLY THE BEST!!!!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like pacesetter myself. it is throw adjustable which makes it very short.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my suggestion is that you should get the Skunk2...espically you if you are tall you should get the skunk2 double bend....wont break, its a 1/4" taller than the stock shifter so its comfortable......DO NOT BUY a ebay one...or anyone that is aluminum, they will break....some people have had aluminum shifters that didnt break and they have had them for years, but the majority break....B&M are nice too...so chose, but NOT ebay brands, only name brands...

93civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought the skunk2 single bend and I like it alot. And I also have the skunk2 shift knob to go with it and they go great together.

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
93civic said:
I just bought the skunk2 single bend and I like it alot. And I also have the skunk2 shift knob to go with it and they go great together.
I concur...but I have the dual bend

:D

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I reap a B&M.....its really smooth...almost like a S2k..i swear.

SDEKSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally enjoy the DC sports shifter w/ a weighted shifted knob even though I use a Mugen shift at the present time I have the Skunk2 and it shifts really smoothly....all short shifters do the samething some have shorter or longer shaft i.e. DC is short than Skunk2..I think the best out there right now as far as short shifters is a C's shifter but those are rather pricey..But as long as u have a weighted shift knob you'll be good to go..Skunk2,CTR, ITR even a S2K shift knob will do, it makes the shifting alot smoother...that's my 2 cents.... 8)

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like my stock shifter with a greddy weighted knob.

Ace$nyper

Hurst they invented the short shifter and make the best on the market hands down. they cost a bit but its worth it. Very well made good finish great feel. get some ES bushings at the same time make the shifter even better

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sucks that not everybody can afford a B&M or Skunk2, myself included. If your gonna go cheap, which one is less of a rip-off?

h22dreamer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
Hurst they invented the short shifter and make the best on the market hands down. they cost a bit but its worth it. Very well made good finish great feel. get some ES bushings at the same time make the shifter even better

what diffrence will the ES bushings do exactly ?