short shifter question need good advice

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you want a good shifter get one off of a gsr.

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
usually metal doesnt "fall off" in your hand. some people think that by smashing the shifter into gears it helps them go faster (it doesnt, mostly just wrecks the tranny) and if you slam it hard enough, it will break. unlike steel, which bends, aluminum just snaps, and most aftermarket shifters are aluminum.
I second that, a cheapie is gonna work the same as a dc i just recently bought one from ebay and it works great this is my second one though cuz this time i bought a gsr short shifter works a lot better than a civic one, better throw due to the double bend, they both costed me 9.50

lo-fidelity

Definitive Motion
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the Skunk2 Shifter and Knob.. ive had other short shifters before and this is BY FAR the BEST.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn, there are FOUR threads you've made about this. . ..

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
Hurst they invented the short shifter and make the best on the market hands down. they cost a bit but its worth it. Very well made good finish great feel. get some ES bushings at the same time make the shifter even better
:werd: teh Hurst rocks. Plus if you are throwing enough force into it to break it then you have likely already trashed your shift forks/dogs and/or synchronizers

93gsrcivic

5+ Year Member
94civic4door said:
hello friends .i have a question about short shifters.i have a 94 civic and i would like to know what short shifter is good for that year. i was on ebay and checking out the short shifters and i saw some for less than 20 bucks and it says honda billet aluminum racing short shifter should i go ahead and purchase one .if not let me know which ones would be good.
It has been my experience that short throw shifters in Hondas eventually lead to transmission problems. My 3rd gear syncro is going, something to do with not enough time for the clutch to fully engage before shifting. I also recommend that you don't speed or power shift because Honda syncros are weak.