short shifter question need good advice

94civic4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a problem to solve about short shifters help asap

i was browsing around ebay and came upon some short shifters .i saw some apc short shifters for 9.50 and theyre made out of CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum.and i saw a dc short shifter for 75 bucks and its made out of the same material that the APC one is made out of. should i got with the apc one or take the dc one.i know dc is known for good parts but im sorta on a low budget

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well ya get what u pay for...But anyways i dont know about the apc shifter but i have friends who buy stuff from apc and most of the time it doesn't fit right out the box. it may not fit and require some elbow lol or modifing but DC is high price for a reason. Good quailty parts.

94civic4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
short shifter question everyone reply to this plz

i was browsing around ebay and came upon some short shifters .i saw some apc short shifters for 9.50 and theyre made out of CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum.and i saw a dc short shifter for 75 bucks and its made out of the same material that the APC one is made out of. should i got with the apc one or take the dc one.i know dc is known for good parts but im sorta on a low budget

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
It's the question every one asks themself when they tune there car......Should I go with cheap stuff or go with the good stuff that costs more. I personally would go with the dc shifter and save for it......

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup dont' be cheap and get the good stuff...

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imracin101 said:
u get what u pay for!
i can second that. Get the stuff that costs money cuz u'll like it in the long run....unless it has a major sale. lol

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont get aluminum. i have heard of many people buy that cheapshit online and then they break

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear dc sports break a lot too!
only get the following:

B&M
Skunk2

that's it! lol they both make great shifters and I would never get anything else.

BlackCivicEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the whole point of a short shifter is to shorten the throiw of your shift not to make your shifter shorter. if you want your shifter shorter then shorten the part above the ball.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackCivicEK said:
the whole point of a short shifter is to shorten the throiw of your shift not to make your shifter shorter. if you want your shifter shorter then shorten the part above the ball.
nottin good can become of cutting. just spend the money on something good.

BlackCivicEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will pay more to get a shifter when i spent nothing on mine and mines most likely alot shorter throw then anyone on heres.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get the cheapie. its a f**kin piece of metal, if its the right shape and length, it'll work whether you wasted 80 bucks on a name brand or 10 on a generic. and yes the cheapies sometimes break (as do the expensive ones) but you can break 8 cheapies just to equal the cost of one brand name. unless you shift with a sledgehammer, you arent gonna break 8 shifters.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id be pissed if my shifter fell off in my hand.....

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
usually metal doesnt "fall off" in your hand. some people think that by smashing the shifter into gears it helps them go faster (it doesnt, mostly just wrecks the tranny) and if you slam it hard enough, it will break. unlike steel, which bends, aluminum just snaps, and most aftermarket shifters are aluminum.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any short shifter will work. but like he said^^^ theres no need for slammin the gears. its still the same distance

2SLO2RCE

haggard shitbox
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what ive read they are both not that good. ive been reading up in shifters and from what everyone has said go w/ skunk2 w/ a weighted nob. you will most likely drop about a hundred bucks on a new shifter and nob. i have had friends that used dc becouse they were brand loyal and snaped them. but they kept buying them and needless to say i dont let them drive my cars. search shifters on here and d-series.org and superhonda there are a thousand articals on it

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double post....Don't be cheap and buy the good stuff, like i said on your other thread