Should I lower MORE!!!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well first I'd say, why not set the height for what you think looks best rather than build a car for other people?

Second, I'd suggest you DON'T lower it anymore because the spring rate you have on those coilovers is way too soft. You will be slamming your bump stops (hopefully you atleast have them) and possibly ruin your good shocks quickly. If you want to go lower, buy new springs with a higher spring rate all around. But, be careful, the KYB AGX limit is something around 500lbs/in.

Third, since you asked, I'd say leave the ride height be. With that spring rate, I can only imagine the ride is fairly comfortable right? Lowering it more will only worsen your ride comfort. With that height, there are less worries about scraping or w/e. Yeah sure you can try and avoid crap but that gets old and well, somethings you just can't avoid... Visually, you have a very clean car with a noticeable drop. It's hard for most to argue with a clean car that's lowered to a reasonable height. Slam it, and you just become an attention whore... Just IMO.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just set it to the height that makes you happy, and make the suspension function properly for that height. No one here can decide your height for you.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i can adjust them and make the ride soft or firm...front tires can adjust from 1-4...1 being softest i have them at 2 and the back can adjust from 1-9 i have them on 2

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can adjust them and make the ride soft or firm...front tires can adjust from 1-4...1 being softest i have them at 2 and the back can adjust from 1-9 i have them on 2
This has nothing to do with ride height and does not mean you can lower you car more and have it work properly. Those adjustments are for rebound. It means the lower or higher you adjust your shocks, the faster or slower the rate of the shock extends at when in motion. This has nothing to do with ride height. Those levels of adjustment are meant for fine tuning your suspension for road conditions and your spring rates. It's pretty useless in most street car applications. It's really only beneficial for those who understand how to adjust them and why, which usually falls under people who race their cars regularly. You ever see those "32-way" adjustable shocks? Yeah, it's just a marketing gimmick. I can say my Koni's are 32-way adjustable, if I make a mark for every tiny little adjustment I make on them...

Like I said, if you want to go any lower than you are now, you NEED new springs that are stiffer. And again, your shocks, regardless of how many adjustment levels you have on them, can only handle up to a certain spring rate (around 500lbs/in). In reality, you can't go a whole lot lower if you're using those shocks. I mean you can, but you'll have a suspension setup that is kinda jacked up.

My advice, save you money for something else and leave the height alone. It looks good and it functions properly, what more do you want? Just leave it be..

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would love to have 3 more inches of drop available.

OP just got 1 more inch.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slam it, and you just become an attention whore... Just IMO.
*gasp* :shocked2:
I am NOT....:oops:

Do what YOU want with YOUR car. If it's your only car/DD, then I don't recommend dumping it honestly. I did, and I love/hate it. I love it for the attention factor, but I hate it for the hassle. It's definitely a lifestyle to a different driving technique when you're as low as 1SIKCIVC and I.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do what YOU want with YOUR car. If it's your only car/DD, then I don't recommend dumping it honestly. I did, and I love/hate it. I love it for the attention factor, but I hate it for the hassle. It's definitely a lifestyle to a different driving technique when you're as low as 1SIKCIVC and I.
correct.

I daily being dumped and its not easy. i do around 500 miles a week, so it gets driven. you need to adjust, you have to expect to break s**t at all times, and expect lots of problems and hassles. its not cheap either. But i gotta say its addicting to go lower and lower and i love every minute of it. i actually enjoy the challenge of trying to get in and out of places. point of this story. be ready for some hassles, bad ride quality, and save your pennies. also you need to pay attention to the road at all times. i dont even look at the other cars around me, i look at the road in front of me. whats on the on the road is a bigger worry than the other cars

i do like the looks i get though while driving. people just stare and question how i drive. at least once a week i get asked if im on bags

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
show i need new springs to lower...what kind
Cut your springs. Its cheaper.

@OP: I dont slam for the attention. It gives the car a whole different feel and its just fun. I like taking a challenge when going up a steep incline or drive way, and the noises it makes. I dont like bottoming out my shocks, but I like scraping frame, thats what feels good :D

If you lower your car one more inch, youll still have a lot of clearance for driveways, no need to angle. But once you start tucking tire like a boss, youll get more noises and stuff. I doubt youre gonna slam though, you seem too scared as it is.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OP: I dont slam for the attention. It gives the car a whole different feel and its just fun. I like taking a challenge when going up a steep incline or drive way, and the noises it makes. I dont like bottoming out my shocks, but I like scraping frame, thats what feels good :D

If you lower your car one more inch, youll still have a lot of clearance for driveways, no need to angle. But once you start tucking tire like a boss, youll get more noises and stuff. I doubt youre gonna slam though, you seem too scared as it is.
i agree with all of this

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i want to go low enough so that you cant see about 1/4 inch of the top of my tire. If i go that low do i need to buy a camber kit

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no you dont need one. well if your going to start tucking tire you might as well go all out..

bkjj77

Registered VIP
thats low enough for me hah...will my tires get all of balance and start wearing out on one side if i dont get cambers

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will be fine as long as you get it aligned. if you get camber wear it will be minimal and it wont be quick. toe is your enemy, not camber

bkjj77

Registered VIP
ok cool...When i adjust the dampers should i make them stiff or soft...btw im not racing or anything

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i want to go low enough so that you cant see about 1/4 inch of the top of my tire. If i go that low do i need to buy a camber kit
No you wont. If anyone tells you that you need it, kick them in the testicles.

If you do want to reduce negative camber, put a couple of washers in between where the rear camber arm bolts to the frame.
ok cool...When i adjust the dampers should i make them stiff or soft...btw im not racing or anything
Leave them at the softest settings. Only ricers set them at full stiffness for daily driving. Plus, setting them at stiff settings are for a smooth race track, not for potholes and driveways.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
For the sake of baby jesus get your car aligned right after you lower it. This is where the camber kit comes into play. Ricers slam their cars, dont align them, get massive tire wear from having a fuked up toe setting, and then they think they need a camber kit.

No you dont. Just get the car aligned. Firestone does it for $150 with lifetime alignments. I got it last year and ive had my car aligned 6 times. Feelsgoodman. I have -3.5 in the front and -2.0 in the rear, my tires are wearing evenly.