Si badge on 1999 EX? opinions?

LilRandy415916

5+ Year Member
Hi i'm new to the forums here and this well be my first post. I'm just wondering what you guys think of putting an Si badge on a 99 Taffeta White Ex coupe? I'm not going to do it right away but rather wait until my conversion is complete. I have all the si parts except the motor which i well be getting in 1-2 months. everything is Si from the lip, fog lights to cluster to the seats and DOHC Vtec Decals that would go on it with the si emblem. My only question is what would you guys honestly think if i put the Si emblem and the Dohc vtec decals on the side after I do the swap...Do you think it would be "ricing" it out? I don't want to pay $2000 for a EBP paint job and make it look like a stock SI but then i feel people would judge me and say its just an Ex with a Si badge lol....which i guess it is kinda but i love the si emblem and decals but at the same time I don't really want to be judged to harshly by people that think i'm just putting the badge on without having any real si parts even though i do lol. I know people tell me do what i like since its my car but i was just wondering what people would think if they saw a white civic with the si emblem/decal when theres no factory white Si unless its in Canada lol....and that would be an Ex overhere....Sorry if i sound confusing i would just like as much input as possible and why is all.
Thanks! :D

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would be ehhhhhhhhhhhh in a lot of people's opinion, I say keep it clean without the emblem.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wasted forum on an emblem q.....

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no emblem, at all, maybe the dohc stickers after the swap.. but no si.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No emblems but the dohc stickers would be alright

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i would leave it badgeless... besides, someone is bound to notice the EJ8 in your VIN and call you out on it.

jpelizzari

5+ Year Member
No emblems, no dohc sticker. Get a sohc sticker. haha. NO SI BADGE FTW! My si is debaged. It makes you faster.

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I personally wouldn't do any emblems/badges. If you're going to do a new paint job, go ahead and leave it clean. I wouldn't want to make my car look identical to the most frequently stolen car in history but it's your car and if you like the Si badge, go for it. As long as you like it who cares?

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I personally wouldn't do any emblems/badges. If you're going to do a new paint job, go ahead and leave it clean. I wouldn't want to make my car look identical to the most frequently stolen car in history but it's your car and if you like the Si badge, go for it. As long as you like it who cares?
:word: x3

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i do like the badgeless look but you could just leave the ex and surprise some people i love seenin exes then looking down and seenin some rear discs

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah dood, make it a surprise,no need to show everyone

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ask sk8shorty about his feelings on a Si badged EJ8, his car is sick. :thumbup:

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Putting badges on your car is easy identification for thieves. Do so at your own risk.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ask sk8shorty about his feelings on a Si badged EJ8, his car is sick. :thumbup:
I'd say it's about 10 extra hp. :oh:

But seriously, I just like the completed look and the red accents the tailights nicely imo, especially on black.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Black is different, since Si's came in black.
If you put an Si badge on a white Civic, you'll just look phony.