Si badge on 1999 EX? opinions?

pcmofo

5+ Year Member
I like the stealth look with no stickers and minimum logos.... but thats just me...

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow you're putting way too much thought into this one. just do what you want...

circlethesky187

5+ Year Member
I personally wouldn't do it, but I certainly wouldn't give you s**t if you did. Think about how many classic cars are out there that have been fully converted to a better model and still go for a descent price. Basically if you wanna do it, go for it. I prefer debadged myself though....

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude, if you HAVE the conversion to back the "Si" badge up then do it. Who gives a f**k?? People WONT call you a ricer because for one, you will have the motor and two, youll have the parts to shut them up.
People will ALWAYS talk s**t, specially when you own a Honda. There will always be haters, you cant please everyone.

I know Im going to put the badge on my car soon. I dont know when though. So far I got the cluster, fogs off of an EBP, oem grill and Si style lip. A few more parts then ill go to Honda and ask for a 1999-00 Civic Si rear badge.
sk8shortys car is an EX with an Si badge and I think it looks nice.
=)

If you want it, get it.

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude, if you HAVE the conversion to back the "Si" badge up then do it. Who gives a f**k?? People WONT call you a ricer because for one, you will have the motor and two, youll have the parts to shut them up.
People will ALWAYS talk s**t, specially when you own a Honda. There will always be haters, you cant please everyone.

I know Im going to put the badge on my car soon. I dont know when though. So far I got the cluster, fogs off of an EBP, oem grill and Si style lip. A few more parts then ill go to Honda and ask for a 1999-00 Civic Si rear badge.
sk8shortys car is an EX with an Si badge and I think it looks nice.
=)

If you want it, get it.
Why make it SI if its not Si? Just buy the real thing. There's more to it than modifying some exterior parts

Buckeye07

5+ Year Member
I have a badge off of an EM1 that I could sell you if you really want it, or anyone for that matter. Goin with the EP3 badge, looks a lot cleaner IMO

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even if you have all the SI parts (or better) on an ex, according to your vin number it is not an SI, and therefor will never be.

but as people say, your car, do what you like. it wouldn't completely be false advertising in your case.

LilRandy415916

5+ Year Member
awwww damn lol....so far i got mixed opinions i've asked on Yahoo answers, friends and here.....so far everyone on yahoo answers who answered said do it, it'll be clean...and almost everyone here says don't do it. My older bro and friends said don't waste like $800+ on a paintjob to make it look like a stock SI, make it a white SI something unique other people don't do which made me really think bout it....and i realise no matter what it's always an EX at heart but well have the power and drive of an SI......but im still conflicted, apparently its okay for an SI to get a paintjob and keep its emblems lol. i'm just sayin it seems prejudice (or however you spell it) that an si can keep it if it gets a paintjob lol (although i dunno who'd change the color of a EBP Si lol).....but i'll probrably decide sometime soon...pending if i get more answers! thanks for all the feedback appreciate all of them!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
awwww damn lol....so far i got mixed opinions i've asked on Yahoo answers, friends and here.....so far everyone on yahoo answers who answered said do it, it'll be clean...and almost everyone here says don't do it. My older bro and friends said don't waste like $800+ on a paintjob to make it look like a stock SI, make it a white SI something unique other people don't do which made me really think bout it....and i realise no matter what it's always an EX at heart but well have the power and drive of an SI......but im still conflicted, apparently its okay for an SI to get a paintjob and keep its emblems lol. i'm just sayin it seems prejudice (or however you spell it) that an si can keep it if it gets a paintjob lol (although i dunno who'd change the color of a EBP Si lol).....but i'll probrably decide sometime soon...pending if i get more answers! thanks for all the feedback appreciate all of them!
Make it a white Si.. Whatever you do it wont be rice. Its rice if you leave it the way it is and put the badge.

Be unique man!!!! Think outside the box! You dont have to conform to ONE style of midifying which is making everything JDM. Im not saying be a ricer, just do your own thang.
Why make it SI if its not Si? Just buy the real thing. There's more to it than modifying some exterior parts
Because it hasnt been done before and itll be pretty cool to see what an Si wouldve looked like if it wouldve been a hatch.

Like I said man, you CANT please everyone. If having an Si badge on your trunk will make you feel better, then do it. I know I am.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont think its a hatch dood, i think he has a 99 ex coupe

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why would you do that????? putting an Si badge there would attract dumbass thieves thinking that it's a real Si with a DOHC motor.....

IMO just keep it clean if not be DIFFERENT......

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone that is saying that it isn't an Si cause of the VIN has to go against alllllllll the Civics that put Fiero badges or Type-R badges or Si-R badges... or whatever...

my take on it is if you've got the motor to back up the badge, then it's not ricer...

in the end though remember.... your car is YOUR CAR... you have to wake up every morning to it... you have to drive it... you look at it...

(btw... i always thought a white EM1 woulda been badass...)