Sold the 5th gen EJ coupe, picking up a 6th gen EJ sedan tomorrow ^_^

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone, title pretty much sums it up, I don't want to discuss the cost due to possible jealousy lol

Went and looked it over today, what they were told was a bad waterpump and timing belt, is actually a bad radiator ;D

Small dent on the trunk lid, needs a drivers front door and mirror, and a thorough cleaning on the inside. That's it. Well, there's more little stuff, but aside from the radiator, it's good to go!

Pics tomorrow, if I manage to get it home ;D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

*pics in post #12*

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In for pics.

Moved to the correct forum.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! And sorry, for some reason the showoff section doesn't load on tapatalk :/ well, it does, but then it's empty, weird.

Anyway, no pics yet, got home from work this morning and layed down to take a nap, didn't wake up till after 7, still haven't taken delivery yet.

Some time this weekend. Hopefully.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welp, finally took delivery, only to park it 10 minutes later lol going back to try and get it home again after the wife gets out of work.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much you pay for it?
Technically, it was free! But I'm gonna give her 300 for it, she could've gotten that much if she gave it to a scrap yard, so my conscience says she deserves even that much, even if it does turn out to be a money pit, which hopefully it doesn't.

In for pics!
I'll have some soon. Hopefully. I can post up a pic of the key... but that'd be smart- assed of me lol

In other news, it definitely needs a waterpump, radiator, and either clean the IACV, or replace it. Check engine light is on also. Right before it got super hot, The SRS light started bugging out, I think it was more like a "hey jackass, look at your gauges, I'm about to blow! " lol hopefully I didn't pop the head gasket, it got really friggin hot :/

Updates asap.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If u blew it up i would just put a b in it!

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could afford that lol right now the plan is to just fix it, and either flip it, or make it a daily.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. Sister is on the way to watch my son, moms husband is on the way with his truck to pull it home.

Pics soon. Promise.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
These should hold you over. Needs a thoroughcleaning, and a legitimate diag. Maybe tomorrow, I have house cleaning/packing to do. Ugh, I so hate moving.

Attachments

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just a rough estimate, but water pump, timing belt, radiator, door /mirror, good solid cleaning, and go from there. Oh, and cel is on too.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I couldn't take it. I went to the car wash for a rinse. Pressure washed the outside, used "tire cleaner" on the bay, the power washed it as well. Made it there and back safely, it's literally right up the road.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think so, I just hope the block is ok. When I went to put water in it, it was pouring out the water pump area, hard to tell till I get the covers of, but yea, she won't hold water at all.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know :/ maybe a B is in my future after all...

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I couldn't stand it, I had to fix something on the new Civic... since I'm not allowed to by any parts (yet) I fixed the drivers inside door handle, and hung the door panel properly. Free fixes are my favorite! Didn't need any parts, just had to put the rod back on the handle and secure the little clip. Moved the little plastic holders for the door panel around so it grabbed evenly, and borrowed a screw from the drivers rear door to hold it in place. The irony in all of this, is that I'm going to eventually replace the drivers door, so, I'm going to have to do it all again. Oh well, I had a little fun, and I feel accomplished.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to hear ur showing the car some love!