Sold the 5th gen EJ coupe, picking up a 6th gen EJ sedan tomorrow ^_^

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you aren't parents, you won't get it, but, I was checking the Civic to try and determine exactly where the coolant leak is, before I order any parts.

While doing so, I let my son hold onto the phone while he sat in his stroller to keep him entertained for a minute.

This is what he was doing (I thought he was playing his fish game. )

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you aren't parents, you won't get it, but, I was checking the Civic to try and determine exactly where the coolant leak is, before I order any parts.

While doing so, I let my son hold onto the phone while he sat in his stroller to keep him entertained for a minute.

This is what he was doing (I thought he was playing his fish game. )

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Haha gotta love kids!

Man, that sedan needs some work! The paint looks halfway decent (aside from that door), though!

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, but I couldn't turn it away. It will be back together soon. Gonna be a slow build, but it'll get there, eventually. Probably not gonna do much modding though, the wife is wanting to drive it, so as hard as it'll be to leave it alone, I will.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just thought I'd post a lil update, got the tinkering bug again, but still don't have any parts so I decided to pull the front seats...

Found all this junk under the passengers side seat.

I forgot to take a pic before I scrubbed all the candy up, but this is how it sits. Still needs vacuumed and steam cleaned, but I think it might come clean, for the most part.

Drivers side seat removed. The 2 big things in the rear are what's left of the mirror and The DF door liner.

All trash removed, still needs scrubbed.

Scrubbed, but needs more. Still needs vacuumed and steam cleaned. I'm not as confident that this side will come clean :(

That's it for today. Hopefully I'll be "allowed" to order some parts soon. Damn bills :/

Question; are the door sills hooked to the carpet like they are on the 5th gens? I need to take all the plastics out for a good scrub and cleaning but don't want to pull the carpet, yet.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy crap lol. I thought my carpets were gross!
This should go without saying, but I just wanted to clarify I bought the car this way. I'm appalled that the previous owner could let this happen.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
damn my car looked like that too when i bought it but a lil better,its amazing how some ppl dont take care of things

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Under that seat is f**king disgusting. Wow what a nasty b***h

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol she's a really cool chick, I would have never guessed she treated her car like that :what:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did she live in that mother f**ker?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be honest, I didn't even have to look at the inside to guess that is what it looked like. You can tell by the outside of the car that it was going to be disgusting. That thing needs a LOT of love. Good thing it is getting another lease on life.

My sister treats her cars like that and wonders why she is always having car problems. It is pretty nasty.

You have a long road a head of you, but you are started in the right direction. Good luck with the cleaning. If it doesn't come clean, you might have to consider redyeing the carpet. If you aren't going to replace it that is.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Possibly getting a waterpump tonight... gonna try and get the crank pulley bolt out and get the covers off and make sure the block isn't damaged first. I'll post up pics of my progress once I know where I'm at. Hoping it's all good, I'm ready to get this thing going.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welp, the pulley isn't coming off. Surprise surprise. I called a buddy to borrow his pulley tool, but someone else is using it. Gonna order one tonight, I need my own anyway. Should be here next week, hopefully. More progress then.
Oh, I don't think I've mentioned this before, but the plug wires are original LOL I can't believe it runs, I'm gonna be getting a set of NGK wires and fresh plugs too, but not till I see what shape the block is in.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thought I'd cheap out whilst waiting for my "factory tool " boy was that a waste of money, one strap wrench later, I await the arrival of my crank pulley holder...

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

It's almost here! Probably tomorrow ^_^
Ok, going to bed, yall have a good day!

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Boom! Probably not gonna get a chance to use it today, but, it showed up early ^_^

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In for pictures and updates! I just cleaned the interior of mine out, and seeing my carpet compared to that made me realize I don't need to replace mine, just shampoo it lol. Good luck brotha!

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! It may still be salvageable (the carpet) but if not, I'll either dye it, or replace it, no worries.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, so maybe it didn't have to wait till tomorrow...
My son fell asleep for his afternoon nap, and I didn't hesitate. I grabbed the pulley holder and the baby monitor (he's 2 BTW for those that don't know, I don't want yall thinkin I left a newborn unattended lol ) and headed out the door.

Pulleys off, time to tackle the rest.

Definitely need an oil pan gasket.

Ready for cleaning and reassembling.

Top view.

I also took a pic of the original plug wires, but it's mostly black. I'll have to take another one :/

And that's where I'm at. Time to get some parts!