Stcopley's LSV EK Hatch

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
time for n update
Currently stripping out the interior for amp wiring. Moneys tight so no other updates for a while except for the wiring and cleaning when I'm done with it. Lots of maintenance to do too now that its finally not snowy out ;)

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm curious as to why you're doing an LSV, but want GSR leathers? Wouldn't you want the same flow, or is that just me?

Yes I understand GSR leathers are great and comfy, my partner has an Integra GSR. I'm super picky and keep it all flowing though.

92lseg

I'm curious as to why you're doing an LSV, but want GSR leathers? Wouldn't you want the same flow, or is that just me?

Yes I understand GSR leathers are great and comfy, my partner has an Integra GSR. I'm super picky and keep it all flowing though.
How does the motor choice affect his seat choice? Lol

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I understand the flow you are talking about, but the lsv being built its way is the most price efficient for what I want out of an engine. The gsr leathers will eventually be replaced anyways with a full aftermarket set up eventually as the car will be raced regularly.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understand the flow you are talking about, but the lsv being built its way is the most price efficient for what I want out of an engine. The gsr leathers will eventually be replaced anyways with a full aftermarket set up eventually as the car will be raced regularly.
Scca solo I or solo II racing?

Sent from my Note 2

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Scca solo I or solo II racing?

Sent from my Note 2
Just local events. Nothing like that. On our local forums we just all compete for the fastest in the forums etc....I won't do anything like that unless I end up joining one of the local teams.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm assuming auto x? Solo I is more novice.

Sent from my Note 2

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Autox and drag racing mainly. Then brainerd international raceways road x. We also have proving grounds twice a year here at brainerd which is the best score out of drag, road course, and autox combined in the same day.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, Update Time!

Been saving money, and now starting to collect more parts to get the engine done ASAP. Sucks being a broke teenager paying bills and stuff lol.

Got a new camera (Nikon D40x) so have a few pics of the car that I took yesterday for all of you.

The last one was my favorite. These are all currently unedited, but I am starting to learn photoshop tonight so we will see how that goes.

Other than that, just collecting parts for the engine here and there, and finished my audio system for the time being.

Don't currently have pics of the system, but it is as follows

-Kenwood KDC 348u
-Alpine swr 1043D in a custom made box sunk into my spare wheel well
-Rockford Fosgate 600.1D Punch Series amp
-Polk Audio dxi 6500 Component Speakers
-Polk Audio dxi 690 Coaxial Speakers
-Xtant 404m 4 channel amp

As for how my engine is currently going, most of the major purchases other than machine work are done for the block, but there is still a long ways to go sadly.

Let me know what you all think.

Any suggestions on how to store the block, crank, pistons to keep them clean, etc...?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
U gunna boost it ? If u ever need any help just leme know
Nope, just mild n/a. It will forever be a daily driver. My next build whenever that is will probably either be boost, or an attempt to beat amk at n/a lol.

I'll let you know, just collecting parts for the next year probably with my income lol. Charlie is helping me out with a lot of it so far.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Charlie is a good dude for sure i was hoping to get my setup done for pg2 but i have changed my mind on alot of parts and the guy putting my engine together is being lazy soo prolly finish it over this winter

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Charlie is a good dude for sure i was hoping to get my setup done for pg2 but i have changed my mind on alot of parts and the guy putting my engine together is being lazy soo prolly finish it over this winter
Who's putting it together? I can't wait for pg2.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Timmypone is helping me all thats left now is putting the cams in and getting them degreed tho he did most of it, i just think he wants me to finish before him

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get that done before pg2 then give me a ride in it lol

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't know how I missed this thread. Good stuff so far man. Keep it up!