Stcopley's LSV EK Hatch

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, today started the car for the first time in almost a month due to the brake problem and no access to my garage, and moved it a whole 20'. INTO THE GARAGE! :wall:

You can tell she has been sitting for a while.

OH hey, look! I got room in my garage!

Cars all jacked up and ready to diagnose the brake problem. :Monster Truck Status:

Too big of rims?

Comparison in size of rims and tires :cool:

So after all of that, it was time to get to diagnosing the brakes. Easy to do, just never had the space since my driveway is all gravel and my garage was packed full. Found where the fluid was leaking very quickly and easily once I got to it. Now the question is how to fix it. It's right in the middle of my car, about 1 1/2 feet in front of the gas tank, so I am assuming that the fix is just replace my brake lines. Thoughts? I'm clueless when it comes to brakes.

Link to my thread about the brakes so that the information doesn't get split into two threads.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=223047

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone know what size fittings will be needed for putting new hard lines on?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
The line will be 3/16" steel line and the fittings depend on how you want to fix it. Basically you have two choices: Just cut the rusted sections and splice in new lines, or replace the whole lines from the prop valve to the rear wheels, which is what I would do. You will need a flaring tool too.

EDIT: ignore this, I posted in ur help thread.