Super Duper EM1 Complete Over Haul

super55duper

Hi all. Im new to the Honda world. I drove a Yukon Denali for a while until she was killed by a semi when I was leaving work. Therefore, time went by and I wanted a new ride. I had a 01 civic that I traded in for the Denali. It was an auto and had 19" rims, which just destroyed the car period. I went to the Denali to have something bigger. Boy do I miss that tank! But not the feeling while im filling that beast up! LoL so about 4 months ago I bought a 2000 SI off Craig’s list in Dallas. When I got back, the title was f**kED up. Therefore, I had to get a Lawyer to get me a new title. That took another 2 months of waiting and paying more $$... It had some mods on it and came with a turbo that wasnt on. Well I decided that since I am about ready to have a child I would rather not do a turbo build. I need a dally driver and something I don’t have large amounts of maintance and I kind of wanted to stay stock. But I really have a thing for speed :twisted: ask my insurance... Lo! Now the plan is an ITR swap. Im going to keep the b16a2 and rebuild it for a hatch or del sol for my wife. Okay so those are the plans and now on to what I have done already. I replaced the factory gay ass speakers with Rockfor d Fosgate full range 6"1/2 and 6x9's. I used to work in a car audio shop when I was younger and did the whole SPL conditions. That was fun until the damn haters came around and the insurance has to reimburse me for all of it.. I’ve had lots of s**t stolen.. Oh well... So with this SI I decided to actually do what ive always wanted to do... THE WHOLE f**king INTERIOR!!!! DUN DUN DUNNN.... I searched for fabric to wrap the interior. I found an ebay store (autointeriorsupply) that sold fabric. I order Caribbean Blue. When it got to me I went and checked it out and compared it to the car. PERFECT MATCH!!! I was so happy! When the weekend came around, we started wrapping the interior... I had already stripped the inside of the car. It was my first time wrapping an interior. Well enough of me blabbing on… On with the good stuff PICTURES!!!

The Ride

The wrapping in process. My wife at 200am! Yeah I have help, of course she does the easiest one… LoL

The rest of the wrapping including the head liner and the back pillar parts.

Hopefully soon I will be able to get some more pics up.. Got to order more tweed to finish the wrapping project. Got a few special ideas ahead for the interior.. Hope you guys like it, and if you dont i dont care its not your car. Thats why we have our own rides. I want to send a thank you out to OC_Civic for the forum that gave alot of help. I this place!!!!

super55duper

I got a few more things wrapped over the week and today. The Oh s**t handle was a little harder than I thought it would be. I personally like the guage part. Wrapping the guage part was very time consuming but i am pleased with the out come. I had to order more tweed to finish this project. Hopefully next weekend i will have the door inserts, front pillars and maybe if its nice in Kansas i can get the sliding sunroof part done. Does anyone have an idead how to make the part around the sun roof black instead of gray? I know most of you in Club Civic think this is RICE s**t but im not all for the JDM or RICE. I dont like those crazy body kits or wings on the back. I do like to do things different from the norm. Why be a sheep? Why follow the crowd that jumps off a cliff? If you guys have any comments or sugestions please let me know. Thanks and here are some pics.

Guage Wrap

Oh s**t Handle ReView Mirror

The roof. Any one know how i can get rid of the grey?

If any one knows how to make these pictures bigger please tell me also. Sorry i can figure it out.

Hope someone out there likes this...
Hopeful plans for the future are a wire tuck after the engine swap.

super55duper

Sorry about the small images i ditched the first place i saved my images because i couldnt get them to be any bigger. So now im at photobucket and it works great!

So i got some more done this week/weekend... Got my shift changed half way thru the week so didnt get much done. At least I had the weekend off. So we got most of it done. Cant wait till summer so i can take out the sunroof and get the slidder peice done... A few more weeks and should have enough for the ITR engine. I am going to go talk to a family friend and see if he will teach me how to do the reupholster the seats. Still need to do the shift boot and figure out the ebrake. After what all i have read about the ebrake i may just leave it. Got to lay the sound deadner and run all the wires before i can actually put this all in for good. But here are some updates on the interior. Thanks for all the comments. LoL

Dome Light and Map Light

Oh s**t Handle

Gauge Cluster

Door Inserts

Center Console Arm Rest

Idead of what the finish will look like

Them BIG ASS CUTERS

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Way too overdone, you should have stopped at the door panels and maybe the armrest. I get that you're trying to be thorough but doing things like the dome light and gauge cluster trim is overkill, it would look better original.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with that, i wouldnt of done the little things like dome light and gauge cluster. The quality of your job is AMAZING though

emerican

Registered VIP
Quality of the work is great looks good i would have to agree i wouldnt have done the little stuff, but its your car all that matters is you like it. How long did all of it take?

super55duper

Thanx for the input guys. I really didnt like the grey so i wanted to try to blue. I guess you would say its a test run for my other civic. The very first peice i did took like 4-5 hours LoL but that was probably the hardest peice. The back pillars. Ive done a few peices here and there but i know all i do on the weekend is work on it. The key is to pull on it as you go and dont be scared to put on enough glue. Just gotta let it dry or it will come thru the fabric. I did the little peices just for the hell of it and i had hell left overs. I know alot of people are going with the OEM look but ive always wanted to do a full interior. Ive done some half as ones when i was in highschool when i competed in DB Drags. I think once i get the seats done it will go more together. But for thanks guys for the opinion ive just never been the person to follow every one else... Besides nothing like the feeling of completeing a project LoL

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I definitely give you props for doing custom work. But like the others have said, I think the gauge cluster and dome light are overkill.

super55duper

Thanks guys. It just sucks saving all this money up for an engine so i can buy the other parts i want. Once i get the engine my baby should be here. So the money will be tight. The fabric was cheap and it smelled like Black and Milds in the car from the previous owner. Hopefully i can change your guys mind once its all put back together. LoL if not oh well...

ItsGiff

Low & Slow
its your car, do what you want, and as long as you like it, thats cool. putting on a forum, youre gonna get feedback.
Im doing fabric in my car also, but I have to agree that you went a little overkill

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a lot of blue. s**t is legitimate though. nice work, you are of latin decent are you not? you have a great eye for that s**t naturally, not trying to be racist, but latin americans tend to be great at interior work like this, i dont know why but damn you are good at this s**t. i would have gone with maybe black or something more neutral but hey only one way to get noticed. have you thought of "flocking" your interior? i am sure you would be amazing at that, look into it! great custom work outside the box

super55duper

Hey guys sorry its been a while since i have gotten an update on here. Not much i could do wiith snow and saving the money up for my ITR. I bought it and it should be swapped in at the end of this month. Tomorrow i will get some pics up with the interior put back together. The whole reupholstering the seats is way over my head. I tryed to do the shift boot and my sowing machine aint heavy duty enough. Thanks for all the input. I dont aim to please everyone but i love to hear what people say. If you saw it in person its a little different. The pics look a lil crazy i guess. I had a friend that was doggn on the pics on my phone come by today and thought it was tight. So in all i guess to each his own. I ordered a bunch of parts so hopefully soon ill get those up too. THANKS GUYS

buzz- Well your comment about being latin. LoL ive been in ALOT of Latinas but no im 110% white. My wife is latina. Straight from mexico. I have been with all kinds of women but damn them latinas.... I will deffentaly have to check out the flocking thing. I know sometimes i think its pretty bright in there but this is my first time doing an interior. I am going to do another one for my wife. A hatch with a b20 vetc turbo'd. once i get the ITR in my EM1, use the head off my b16a2....

emerican

Registered VIP
Tuned in for the new pictures of it put back together. I understand about the saving money part man i just got my car paid off and got 200 dentist and insurance payment coming up i pay every 6 months so its lump sum at a time. After all of that though it wont take long at all i will have real progres on my build.
Love the way he said naw but i been in alot of them lol.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great work man, thats a lot of blue but as long as you like it...:thumbs up

super55duper

Checked my tracking numbers and if what they say is true it should be like christmas tomorrow... Keeping my fingers crossed everything shows up. I will put up some pics of the presents coming in the mail...

super55duper

Well i think the closest thing to Santa (for an adult) showed up today!!! It feels like christmas!!!
:santa:

So i got everything to day but my f**king clutch! Called Password JDM and they said it was shipped seperate and would be here tommorow... We will see if these people tounges spit lies! :twisted:

Rims match nicely. Since they arent roto slips or what ever the hell every one else is using i will prolly get bashed for it, but if I cared about every one else i wouldnt have done my interior the way i did. LoL no offense everyone else but im just not one of those people who like to follow every one else around. Thats probably why i didnt have an actual group in highschool i belonged to... Haha f**k it. I decided to do something most people dont do also and order a set of 5 wheels and tires and replace that damn doughnut in my trunk. I dont know if any realizes this im not planning on racing this car... Its more like my little baby. There will be another car made to race if i decided to go that rout. The wheels arent going on till i get the car back from the shop with the swap done.

This weekend i will hook up the tow hooks and the battery tie down in. The infamous WHALE d**k :shock: will go on the new engine. Next weekend the SI goes to the shop and then the real fun begins. I need to tuck the HID balast on the inside of the fenders and i need to find out why my pasnger side speakers arent working. Fun fun wires!

I do have a question; What do you guys think about tucking the fuse box next to the battery inside the car?
I really appericate everyones opinion on what i have done so far. Im not an interior expert at all but thank you for the compliment. I will say i wouldnt have been able to do it with out DIY's from this site and a few other forms. I know most of you wouldnt have gone as far as i have but hey thats what makes us all different. I think it would be damn boring if we all did the same thing; drove the same color, engine, mods, wheels, tires, brakes, interior, s**t whole f**king car around every day. My only advice dont be afraid to be your self. Do what makes you happy and learn from the mistakes that come along the way.

Insanity - Doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting different results each time...

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Would you sel the turbo kit? Haha but you do wrap that nice! It's a little too blue for me but it is different. Lots of respect for you stepping up an doing it yourself. It takes balls no lie lol

super55duper

And how much did you pay for that whales penis? Just wondering if you don't mind me asking
Thanks for the props man. I paid a prolly to much for the Whale d**k, but it was 199.99. Its really thin tho. I kinda wish i would have gotten the kevlar one for a little bit more money. s**t you live and you learn i guess... And your question about the the turbo kit, i might sell it for the right price. Just pm me your number if your serious about it.