the Dream, 93 civic hatch

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I've actually been looking for this build for a while now. I remember reading it and liking what you did. Then it disappeared. Good to see it come back up. Subscribed!

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've actually been looking for this build for a while now. I remember reading it and liking what you did. Then it disappeared. Good to see it come back up. Subscribed!
Yeah it did defiantly disappear for a while i think i had to go back to like the 5th page to find it! But im hoping to get this body work done in the next couple than register it and bring it to get its camber set as well as steering alignment than try and get her in for paint before winter hits i wouldnt mind driving it for a few weeks before!

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Starting it up for the first time in forever! Fingers are crossed its just charging right now hopefully it starts up first try!

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so it didnt start upp the battery is completly dead even after a full charge it doesnt have the juice so i have to go pick one up, also ive fully decided on what im going to do engine wise..

Going to build up a d16z6 from the bottom to the top aiming for around 300whp on my sohc, completely gut the interior and put the rollcage and tuck all wires in the back as well as drop power steering. All of this should happen during the winter ill pick up another motor so watch for alot of parts going to be coming in within the next few months!
:D:D:D

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright so it didnt start upp the battery is completly dead even after a full charge it doesnt have the juice so i have to go pick one up, also ive fully decided on what im going to do engine wise..

Going to build up a d16z6 from the bottom to the top aiming for around 300whp on my sohc, completely gut the interior and put the rollcage and tuck all wires in the back as well as drop power steering. All of this should happen during the winter ill pick up another motor so watch for alot of parts going to be coming in within the next few months!
i like your direction! bottom end plans?

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I hate little stuff like that. Had a fuel pump relay die the other day, stupid thing.

Your engine plans are the same as mine for my ED, although I'm aiming a little lower than 300. I wish I had the nuts to cut my car apart like you did, but then, I've never welded a thing in my life. And I've got WAY more rust on my ED than you've got :oops:

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like your direction! bottom end plans?
Yeah and i plan on going full out on this, so golden eagle sleeved block, eagle rods, maybe JE pistons im not to sure yet still got a little bit of time to look around and for the rest im planning crowers springs and retainers, bisi or skunk2 camshaft and probably stock valves.

I hate little stuff like that. Had a fuel pump relay die the other day, stupid thing.

Your engine plans are the same as mine for my ED, although I'm aiming a little lower than 300. I wish I had the nuts to cut my car apart like you did, but then, I've never welded a thing in my life. And I've got WAY more rust on my ED than you've got :oops:
Well i expected that to happen it hadnt been turned on in like 6 months!!

haha well aims for the stars and hopefully i end up somewhere around there, haha it was hard at first its my first time doing anything like this on cars but i got used to it after i got passed rebuilding my wheel wells the rest flowed pretty good acutally! :cool:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just read through your whole thread. Nice job on the hatch so far. I'm also 17, but my hatch hit the end of the line a while ago and now I'm parting her out so let me know if you need any parts.

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just read through your whole thread. Nice job on the hatch so far. I'm also 17, but my hatch hit the end of the line a while ago and now I'm parting her out so let me know if you need any parts.
Well im 18 now but good to see other young guys out there! s**t well sorry to hear man but im pretty good right now everything i have is either perfect or pretty close to it ! :D

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh okay. And yeah, I wanna use the money from the partout, whatever I have the bank, and whateber iI save up in the next few months to get a nice decent si eg hatch.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh okay. And yeah, I wanna use the money from the partout, whatever I have the bank, and whateber iI save up in the next few months to get a nice decent si eg hatch.

Good call, well if you had any parts for a turbo set up i would take them off your hands!

If i could do it all over again id almost go for a ek hatch just to not have to deal with all the rust! :P

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha nah i don't. I never really liked Ek hatches.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
subscribed...seems like some good stuff going on in here

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah and i plan on going full out on this, so golden eagle sleeved block, eagle rods, maybe JE pistons im not to sure yet still got a little bit of time to look around and for the rest im planning crowers springs and retainers, bisi or skunk2 camshaft and probably stock valves.
sounds like you have it well mapped out! may i suggest some things?
look at supertech springs and retainers and pistons... much better quality. i say save for the bisi cam my friend! you wont regret it!!!

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like you have it well mapped out! may i suggest some things?
look at supertech springs and retainers and pistons... much better quality. i say save for the bisi cam my friend! you wont regret it!!!
Just looking into it yeah and of course, ill look into them! and i was thinking the same for the bisi cam but real pocket emptier!

Tomorrow its supposed to rain and a high of 12 so no work ! woohoo , i should be able to get alot done on my car so will be updates tomorrow!:D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, with all those expensive parts you're aiming a little low on output. That's enough parts for more than 300hp. Sleeving the block is big time, you can push way more power if you do that. Don't forget bigger injectors if you're doing a turbo cam. More air needs more gas :D

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, with all those expensive parts you're aiming a little low on output. That's enough parts for more than 300hp. Sleeving the block is big time, you can push way more power if you do that. Don't forget bigger injectors if you're doing a turbo cam. More air needs more gas :D
Yeah wont be cheap either tho, oh and i know probably 450cc will do if i really start aiming for over 400 i might look into 1000cc bosch units. that was just the engine stuff if i really want to get into it i want a...
-golden eagle intake man
-blox 70mm t/b
-aem fuel reg
-golden eagle or aem fuel rail
-skunk2 pro series cam
-hondata 300
-walbro fuel pump
:P

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry everyone i havnt had a update in a while i did a bit more sanding but im so sick of working on it right now i have no motivation.. everytime i think im close i just get set back again as well as i cant really spend any money right now because i need to save for a winter car.