The hell with you PS3 fools...Got 360?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Victor - consider yourself lucky. I'm on my 4th xbox. I know, at this point you usually say "it might be the user, not the system", but I've done the research and have done everything I'm supposed to do. It's not in an enclosed space. The only surface that is covered is the bottom (which is placed on a solid surface). All of the vents are clear of restriction. The only thing I can think is that I'm a marathon gamer. Some days I'll play my xbox 10 hours straight. I personally believe that the system should be able to handle that. My original nintendo has handled that for 20 years now without any problems, as have all of my other systems. Just frustrates me.

I'm psyched for Halo 4. I was in total shock when they announced it. I just hope it's as good as the others, considering Bungie is not making it. CEA... I don't know. It was a great game for its time, but I don't really have any use for it anymore. Reach blows it out of the water.

Blackfade

They do, thats why Im a diehard halo fan. I love the MM because unless ur playing some Fiesta gametype, everyone starts with the same weapons as everyone else. I hate classes, and I prefer the armor abilities in Reach to be equipment that requires a battle to get.
yes i agree, so true...they should have kept it like they did in all the other halo games, its not broken so dont fix it...they could do better in graphics tho, yeah ur spartan looks cool and all but come on, we still have "flat" grass in halo...and the game came out in 2010... oh and the most important thing, fix the BLOOM, idk about anyone here but i "dislike" the DMR, i dont care that it is single shot, but the fact that it penalizes you when you get into a heated battle with someone and you end up shooting like 20 times because it wants you to "pace" your shots....doesnt matter if your within kissing distance of the other person...you will miss if you shoot "too fast"

i blame the spartans loosing the planet reach due to ineffective weapons...lol

GT: Blackfade
(i play halo mainly, left4dead, racing games, and many other FPS games)

#ThatIsAll

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Ya, I hate bloom. I love the DMR otherwise.

GT: TXI 5th Freedom, I mostly play Halo but I love the Midnight Club LA as well

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You guys inspired me to play some halo.. on reach now. lol

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Joe, I'm surprised that you didn't like AC2. I found it to be much less repetitive, and much smoother than the original. To each his own. And yes, revisiting Halo games is a freakin' blast. I really think the Halo series has about the best campaign ever, doubly so when you play it co-op. Since we already finished 4 out of 5 Halo games, the next step is to go back and do it all on Legendary (my friend and I did all 4 in Heroic). Let me tell you....Halo Reach, Halo, and Halo 2 all took 8 hours to beat for 2 people on Heroic.....I love campaigns that are that long.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
I also love long campaigns. Reach's was too short though. Don't get me started on Splinter Cell Conviction Story length. 5 years for a measily 4 hours of play. Stupid I tell ya, stupid.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Imo, 8 hours is an extremely SHORT game. Especially when you compare it to the likes of oblivion where you can amass 100 hours. In fact, I can't really think of any other games where the "campaign" play is shorter than Halo

I do like Halo's campaign though (more than most fps shooters anyway). It's definitely engaging.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Halo is a pass for me. And isnt Halo 4 just a remake and anniversary edition of Halo 1?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Imo, 8 hours is an extremely SHORT game. Especially when you compare it to the likes of oblivion where you can amass 100 hours. In fact, I can't really think of any other games where the "campaign" play is shorter than Halo

I do like Halo's campaign though (more than most fps shooters anyway). It's definitely engaging.
I believe the COD games have a shorter campaign time. Honestly, I've played games with damn short campaign times, even down to 4 hours. And yea I understand that there are games that will give you much more, but is it as much action packed fun? There is literally NO downtime in Halo. I got 15 hours out of AC2, and I would guarantee that half of that was either watching cut scenes, or traveling from place to place. Halo's campaigns, although short, are some of the most action packed campaigns you will come across. There's epic battles in them, and on Heroic you can be working on one specific battle for 20-30 minutes. That's what I think is great about the game, there's no other game like that.
Halo is a pass for me. And isnt Halo 4 just a remake and anniversary edition of Halo 1?
Halo 4 is its own story. Halo CEA (Combat Evolved Anniversary) is the remake of Halo 1 (which is actually known as Halo: Combat Evolved). It seems that Halo 4 starts off where the ending cut scene in Halo 3 left off. I'll post the videos.

[YOUTUBE="Halo 3 ending"]3LpbEr0E5hE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Halo 4 trailer"]TC2yMKMENdg[/YOUTUBE]

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
neg.
halo 4 will continue the story where halo 3 left off, where mc is floating about in space about to land on a mechanical planet (with a marathon insignia on it) and halo anniversary is a kick ass remake of the original halo: combat evolved. im preordering both this week :D i gotta rank up and finish reach already.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wait what's this I hear about Halo 4 not being made by Bungie? If that's the case, I may very well wait that out to see how it is. Bungie has done an amazing job so far, I don't know why they wouldn't finish the story off.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep. its being made by the same lame asses that also created halo wars, i believe? which was a total disappointment..we'll see how it goes i guess. i know on bungie.net theyre talking about closing up shop on the halo legacy and just moving onto other things, including new ish for the ps3. 343 industries is the one taking the halo franchise from here on out. i personaly prefer bungie's work, but many of those that worked at bungie are now switched over to 343 ind. which may hint that we should be expecting somewhat the same kick ass experience as the other halo's (exlc. halo wars)..

Last edited:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Yea, 343 is now making the new halos, and I have also heard that a lot of the bungie guys went to 343. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on the topic, but I've talked to people who are. They're extremely excited about it, so I'm not incredibly worried.

Victor - I see your point about the action packedness of Halo. It is hard to pick a game that is full on action like that, with a high amount of play time. I also don't know of a game with better difficulty scaling than the halos. Playing the game on different difficulties gives a completely new gameplay experience, and the AI changes in very noticeable ways.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Totally on board with the halo hype.

Brink is blowing my mind man, this whole multiplayer world is so crazy. It's like team fortress...but better.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Frank O'Connor, who is one of the lead designers of the Halo series now works for 343i, which is the Bungie-ish section of Microsoft Studios. Among him are I think 8 or 9 other Bungie members who have switched over to 343i. Bungie decided to go on with making a new game series that will be for 360, PS3, and PC, maybe Wii. Full Halo Rights conversion takes place on 7-7-11(Bungie Day).

Halo 4 starts off where Halo 3 ended with MC and Cortana drifting through space towards an unknown planet. It is the start of another trilogy.

Halo: CEA is basically Halo: CE with a new graphics layer(that can be reverted to and from via the back button). Game play, physics, and enemies are the same. They rerecorded, remastered, and redone all the audio. They have added new easter eggs(while removing some Bungie-related easter eggs). Multiplayer will be like Reach's multiplayer except with no armor abilities.

More information on the two games will be revealed June 23rd.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for the update and extra info on 343! Further reassurance

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
np man. 7 maps will be released with Halo: CEA. They are remakes of the 7 most popular maps in Halo: CE. Rumor has it that you will be able to play with Reach multiplayer people on those maps. The maps will most likely be a DLC for Reach sometime after Halo: CEA is released.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xBox is working again. Let it sit for a few days. If it happens again, it's time to go Peltier cooling. Super cooled, anyone?