The hell with you PS3 fools...Got 360?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A friend of mine got it and said it's awesome. I haven't yet.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have no experience with the game, but just being 3 discs long doesn't mean it's a quality game. If it's a good game, then being that long is a benefit.

I went to gamestop.com to check it out, and I saw that COD MW3 is announced to be released November 8th. I really hope they improve multiplayer, and have some kind of co-op. I love spec ops. But the matchmaking in the MW series is just piss-poor. I can't count how many times you just randomly lose connection to the server, get put in a totally different game from your party, or the connection just times out. Then when you're finally in a game, you're playing against a bunch of people who mod, that also needs to be fixed. So you back out, wait 2 minutes, and you STILL get put in the same game. I'm no programmer, but I have to imagine that it's not hard to develop a system that prevents you from being put in the game you just backed out of. Let's use common sense here......if you backed out, you probably don't want to be put back into the same game.

Last edited:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^I don't experience those issues with CoD... in fact, CoD has been one of the more reliable matchmaking experiences I've had...

As for MW3, I was HIGHLY disappointed with Black Ops.. Usually I'm at the midnight release for new CoD games.. but that might not be the case for this one

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yup i was let down with cod black ops, i played it for like 30 min, and went and traded it in, s**t sucks

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So I broke down and picked up Assassins Creed 2. That game is the f*cking bomb diggity! Total campaign probably took about 15 hours, give or take. Once I beat it, I lent it to my friend who let me borrow Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Just started it now. I foresee a long night ahead.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's always sad to see a fellow brother 360 fall like that. One of these days, I think I'm going to upgrade my system to one of the newer models. Mine can get quite finicky sometimes. Lately the video input into the tv has started to show signs of wear. It's hard to explain, but it's something like a faint line showing up on the screen. It only happens with my 360, not regular tv.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy a windows laptop and get a free 360 :what:
Also i have played the first Assassins Creed game and i didnt like it, surprisingly seeing as how i love adventure type games like zelda...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Buy a windows laptop and get a free 360 :what:
Also i have played the first Assassins Creed game and i didnt like it, surprisingly seeing as how i love adventure type games like zelda...
Believe me, I felt the SAME way about the first one. I assure you, the second is a great game.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did I mention my warranty expired on June 11th?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm the opposite. I loved the first one, but couldn't play through the second. Too much of the same thing.

I wish damn microsoft would stop making s**t products. I love the xbox and its game selection, but it's the biggest piece of crap hardware I've ever owned. It's too the point where these things break and we accept it as normal. That's BS and it shouldn't be that way. How many Wiis do you know of that have broken down... PS3s? Combine? The amount I know of doesn't even add up to the amount of xboxs I've gone through alone. Total s**t. /rant

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm the opposite. I loved the first one, but couldn't play through the second. Too much of the same thing.

I wish damn microsoft would stop making s*** products. I love the xbox and its game selection, but it's the biggest piece of crap hardware I've ever owned. It's too the point where these things break and we accept it as normal. That's BS and it shouldn't be that way. How many Wiis do you know of that have broken down... PS3s? Combine? The amount I know of doesn't even add up to the amount of xboxs I've gone through alone. Total s***. /rant
I've been lucky with mine. I actually expect a system as old as mine to have this kind of wear on it. Never had any problems like the RROD, never broke....and I've had it for about 5 years. My friend mentioned something about the new Nintendo coming out soon, so it looks like the new round of systems might be coming out in the next 2-3 years. I've never been a person to buy brand new systems right when they come out, so I think it looks like I've got another 4 years before I'll be replacing my 360. I think it's time I start looking into replacing the old gal.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
I just upgraded to the Reach Slim but my cousin is still using my old one. I owned it for about 3 years and it still worked amazing. When I went over to his house.

IDK about you guys but I'm psyched for Halo: CEA and Halo 4.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been getting down on some

lately.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
IDK about you guys but I'm psyched for Halo: CEA and Halo 4.
I had never heard of either of these, so I looked into it. Halo 4, hell yea I'm down for that. CEA? No. I'm not paying $60 for the original Halo with new graphics, and online co-op. Half the fun of the Halo nights I've been having recently is actually sitting next to a real person. We did the entire Halo story in actual timeline, not the order they were released. We did Halo: Reach, Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3. It was loads of fun. Next up I need to pick up ODST again so we can go through that.

But as far as CEA goes, that's released on the same day as Saints Row 3, so I'll be putting my cash towards that.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Vic, it's only $40. You can switch back between old and new graphix via the back button. The multiplayer is introducing remakes to "the 7 greatest maps of all CE time". I want Halo 4 the most but my cousin and I would have a blast with CEA, I loved that s***.

Personally I want, AC:BH, BF3, H4, H:CEA, NFS: The Run and maybe MW3.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Plus, the new MM maps will be available on Reach as a DLC. Kinda like the maps that the Mythic MM disk had at start and was available later on for DLC for H:3

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have never been a fan of Halo multiplayer. Never have, never will. Halo's appeal to me is solely because of the campaign, they have some of the best stories.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
They do, thats why Im a diehard halo fan. I love the MM because unless ur playing some Fiesta gametype, everyone starts with the same weapons as everyone else. I hate classes, and I prefer the armor abilities in Reach to be equipment that requires a battle to get.