The *OFFICIAL* 6th Generation Intake Thread

daveimme

5+ Year Member
I ended up drilling a hose, sticking the sensor in there and taping it with A/C duct tape. This issue has been completed, thanks.....

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My "intake" - spoon elbow:

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I finally got the my black huge box out and it sounds much loud with the stock tube intake. It does make a difference on sound, but feel a little sluggish.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
carbon fiber Whale Penis FTW...since almost all intakes yield about the same in performance you might as well go with what looks the best and IMO those do

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
carbon fiber Whale Penis FTW...since almost all intakes yield about the same in performance you might as well go with what looks the best and IMO those do
That's like paying for tap water with food coloring.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:word:
Its a beautiful intake.
I ended up drilling a hose, sticking the sensor in there and taping it with A/C duct tape. This issue has been completed, thanks.....
Did you put the sensor IN a hose? Because you are doing it wrong. If you drilled a hole into the intake, and put it in then you are okay.
I didnt have mine connected for a while. I just drilled a tiny hole into the coupler from the intake to the elbow bend. I didnt notice any difference to be honest.

New pictures are added. Thanks. =)

mongus

5+ Year Member
Here is the PasswordJDM CF intake on a D16Y8 in my 1996 Civic EX. I will echo what others have said in that it appears to have added at least some power. Before the intake I could barely chirp the tires in second gear if at all. After the intake the tires chirp strongly in second gear. So the intake has to have added at least some torque. I love the way it sounds and looks. I was able to get it new in box off Ebay so I did not pay full price for it.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I like sk8shorty's intake.. looks pretty sick. Nice and simple. Keeps the bay looking fresh.