Tokyo's Build Is Slower Than Yours

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's sweet man, my hatch is on steelies right now and it looks pretty good with black wheels lol!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's sweet man, my hatch is on steelies right now and it looks pretty good with black wheels lol!
Haha nice. I usually ran the same gold Rota Grids that are on the back all around, but I had a flat on one of the tires, and didn't want to buy a new set just to tune it and smoke some of that rubber off on street runs lol.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE:

Well, it's going to be quite some time before I end up getting an STi like I wanted (need to fix my credit, and establish more credit. I'll shoot for the end of this year/next year for the Subbie), so I'm going to do what I know best: I'm gonna hunt down an LS or GSR Teg (whichever I can find for a reasonable price, that isn't riced out/abused). If it's an LS, I'll DD it for a while, then boost it. If it's a GSR, all-motor with minor bolt-ons, and I'll just make it look super clean. Will update you guys (for those that even pay attention to my crappy thread lol) when I find something.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
If you want i can keep track around here there have been few nice ones around for sale not sure if open to travel to get a car this far though.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you want i can keep track around here there have been few nice ones around for sale not sure if open to travel to get a car this far though.
Ah yeah, I wouldn't be down to drive THAT far lol. Thanks though!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like that idea!!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welp, being declined for loans over and f**king over has taken it's toll. I'm going to be stuck with this Civic for some time, so I may as well make the best of it: time to commit to my build. No more b/s, I'm at LEAST going to make this thing look/run nice.. maybe go for performance at some point. I'm just gonna take it as it comes, I guess.
Firstly, I picked up an alarm and keyless entry. This is absolutely critical around here. Everyone knows that a true professional thief will take your car if they really, really want it, but we have a ton of amateur shithead kids around here that will be easily detoured by a good alarm. So I got one. You can't normally pick these up (they're commercial), and I got it from the roommate (Best Buy dropped their commercial installation program, and they were liquidating these things. $400 unit for $160? Yes please!). Anywho, since I know exactly shite about electrical, and I just sat back and watched my roommate do his thing. Few pics:

The actual unit here.

Huge electrical mess.

All in all, it was a smooth install. Turns out I need to do a bit more work to get my starter kill to function properly, so he just bypassed it until later this week. Next up, I'm going to source out a few more interior parts I need, re-paint some stuff, buy + install lips/fogs, new headlights with CTR mod, new grille, then clean and prep for paint.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another small update. I had the stuff lying around for it, so I decided to tackle the DIY CTR headlight mod. It wasn't nearly as tough as I thought, but it still took all day haha.

Removed front bumper, grill and headlights, first. Headlights shown here:

I then placed each headlight into the oven on a cookie sheet, and baked them for a bit to loosen up the factory silicon (which is MESSY btw). Took me a good 30 minutes per light of heating up and working with it, but I got them apart.

Chrome internal component separated from the light:

I used Duplicolor's Gunmetal Metallic to spray the chrome internal lenses. First, I wiped them down really good with 91% Isoprpoyl Alcohol, to the point that it was stripping the chrome off. This is fine, as it's getting repainted anyway. After prep work, and a few light coats, this is the result:

Here's a shot of the front of the car, completely disassembled. I was shocked to find literally every bolt and screw holding the bumper in place, in tact and exactly where they were supposed to be. You don't see that often haha.

Since I had the headlights apart, I cleaned the ever living crap out of them, then sanded with 800 and 2000 grit sandpaper. They were very scratched, and were yellowing really bad. After a nice buff and polish, I hit them both (inside and out) with a heavy polish using PlastX. They aren't perfect, but MUCH better than they were:

And a shot of them on the car:

Only issue I have now, is that the damn hood won't close. I'm on my way to a buddy's house who has more tools, so that I can try to repair it. Seems my hood latch mechanism is taking a dump lol. Anywho, one more mod off the list! I may end up buying new headlights, anyway, as these are jacked haha.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so are you keeping the civic or are you still looking for something else?
I'm stuck with it for now (until I finish repairing my credit, and have enough of a down to get something else), so I may as well work on it while I have it. All cosmetic, no motorwork.

Paint that damn hood.
I'm gonna paint the whole car.

Looks good man, nice job :thumbs up
:thumbs up

30 mins to get apart? Put em in the oven at like 275-325 for 5 mins and comes right apart!
I guess the silicon was reeeeallly on there. That, and my oven is kinda s***ty.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update:

Got the hood fixed. Somehow, the hood latch cable got stuck. WD-40'd it up, pulled it a bunch to work the spring/metal tab, and voila. It closed. In the midst of that, I pulled my hood latch lever a few times to get the components working/work the WD-40 in, and it snapped off... :brickwall:
Now I have to hunt one down, and figure out how to replace it. Awesome.
Aside from all that, my "CTR" headlights look a lot better than they did, and my hood closes. So there's that haha.