Top Gear: USA

Ron...

5+ Year Member
I was pretty surprised but it wasn't as bad as I thought that it would be :p I kind of like the "american twist" thought it was kind of weird in some way...not sure how though

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I don't think it'll be one of the shows I will watch religiously. Set it to record on DVR, incase I get bored I can watch it.

Get rid of Foust and Adam, and replace them, the other guy isn't as bad as I thought he would be.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not really a fan. There is only one Stig, there is only one Clarkson, there is only one REAL Top Gear. The episode was OK, but I'm a little biased because I'm a BIG fan of Murcielago's...

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i was a little disappointed in how they tried to make it as if it was a new show...paying homage would have been a nice tip of the hat to the UK crew. i think they could use a touch more humor in there instead of tanner droning.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn. didn't see it. forgot about it. when is it on again?

Paul79UF

I've only seen the first season of the original Top Gear.

I feel like I need to catch up before I can start watching the USA version.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, it hasn't been too bad. I liked the episode 2 weeks ago, where they had to buy moonshine cars. Cracked me up.

I think they are getting the hang of it, but Tanner needs to go, IMO.

CDubs

Registered VIP
the moonshine episode was pretty good....but i agree with getting rid of tanner he is just so annoying..cant pinpoint why but he is

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes tanner is annoying on the show... i agree..

nothing will ever touch the OG topgear imo...

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd keep tanner, for his driving abilities. I hate the dude, but he can drive a car really well. I'd get rid of the other two though. Get Adam Carolla back and someone else to portray Clarkson. Also, the whole "Star in a small car" bit is dumb and awkward. Keep it as Star in a reasonably priced car and shorten the track video.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It won't touch the OG Top Gear, but I have to say, Rutledge is pretty funny, I didn't think he would be.

I'd keep tanner, for his driving abilities. I hate the dude, but he can drive a car really well.
I think that's what made the original Top Gear such a hit, it wasn't race car drivers driving the cars, it was 3 blokes that didn't race car professionally.

I'd get rid of the other two though. Get Adam Carolla back and someone else to portray Clarkson. Also, the whole "Star in a small car" bit is dumb and awkward. Keep it as Star in a reasonably priced car and shorten the track video.
Adam Carolla but keep Rutledge, I think he has the potential to be a good host for Top Gear.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i agree they dont need a professional driver except the stig...

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't like the show the host are extremely boring and they just copy there bits from the original show why cant they do original s**t its so stupid. the only thing original is the little gps tracker when they do the race.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i don't like the show the host are extremely boring and they just copy there bits from the original show why cant they do original s**t its so stupid. the only thing original is the little gps tracker when they do the race.
It's not the hosts fault the producers want to do stuff the original Top Gear has done. The hosts aren't that bad, it's just that Tanner Foust is so monotoned, he BARELY displays any type of emotion, which is annoying. It's always he's acting like "I have such a better car at home, this is boring"

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
i watched it yesterday and i really dont like it moonshine episode was straight.Their jokes and everything just aint funny hgalf the time and they seem too flat and lifeless.