I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*SilverBullet* said:
Um why you strip the interior?
Yeah, a lot of people seem to do this, "just to have something to do". I'd recommend you put it back in. A complete car looks better than an incomplete one.

While it's out though, take the chance to wipe down everything with a damp cloth... maybe even vacuum. Then give the seats a good vacuum while they're out too.

And I'd look into getting a stock airbox or intake now too. The airbox looks better imo. Maybe get a Y8 intake manifold and airbox?

Oh, and skip the wire tuck for now. If you mean a real wire tuck, that could end up being a problem if one day you plan to swap for example. If you mean a "wire tuck" as some people on this site do, don't do it. It's minimal results at best.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Oh, and skip the wire tuck for now. If you mean a real wire tuck, that could end up being a problem if one day you plan to swap for example. If you mean a "wire tuck" as some people on this site do, don't do it. It's minimal results at best.
yeah if you're gonna swap or anything in the future you shouldn't wire tuck. it'll just be a pain to figure out where everything goes from just memory

recall

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great start man, keep it up.. if u want to roll with no interior thats your choice! you could fit a mattress in the bad and have some fun!

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks clean... good start to build off of for sure... and i agree with puttin int. back in... especially if you swap... it will be loud as hell with 2.25 exhaust... i personally have some plastic rhino liner stuff in the back of hatch where my spare would be because when you hit vtec its loud.... kinda cool... but not when it sounds like that all the time..

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome start man.....I personally like the strip interior.

I also striped mine..

PEARLelectron

Banned
throw a cage in there... it will get people off your back about the whole stripped interior.. at least least get teh sound deadening up and paint it

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
recall said:
Great start man, keep it up.. if u want to roll with no interior thats your choice! you could fit a mattress in the bad and have some fun!
mobile sex machine ftmfw!!
:twisted:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you put a cage in I'd want to know why you need it, then I'd tell you you should have proper restraints to go with the cage. Plus still, it looks better with an interior in there.

PEARLelectron

Banned
NOFX said:
If you put a cage in I'd want to know why you need it, then I'd tell you you should have proper restraints to go with the cage. Plus still, it looks better with an interior in there.
To provide safety for everyday driving.............. why would you need special restraints for that? many many cages don't even come with a harness bar or anything.. its strickly in case you roll over....

meh... the car is way more fun to drive gutted,, and when done right.. painted with a nonstock interior it looks really cool

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:
To provide safety for everyday driving.............. why would you need special restraints for that? many many cages don't even come with a harness bar or anything.. its strickly in case you roll over....

meh... the car is way more fun to drive gutted,, and when done right.. painted with a nonstock interior it looks really cool
To keep your head from bumping into the bar in the event of an accident. Three point restraints allow you to go side to side.

And not a fan of removing sound deadening since it's usualy covered anyway, and it does provide some deadening from the exhaust (helpful especially if you go with aftermarket exhaust). Eran's car has the sound deadening in it still and with his RSR GTII and a full interior it was loud as hell. I mean, so loud it was hard to talk over or listen to music. I can only imagine how it would have been without the deadening or rear seats.

Plus if you remove the sound deadening you'll probably want to paint since it will leave big grey marks on the interior panels.

john-ej1

5+ Year Member
i know your sick of hearig it and its not my car to tell you what to do, but to me nothin looks better than some nice clean seats in there, i had mine out for like 2 weeks god know why, but it gave me time to clean and wax all that paint back there

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, for your age your doing awesome! Car looks great!

-Jason

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate the interior in my car... all it does for me is keep some insulation inthe car and makes it look pretty, but i dont really care if it looks pretty... i like metal so i like seeing the guts of the car everywhere.
NOFX said:
actually... u can tuck the wires that run around the engine bay(like the headlights). and not really have to worry about any of that. just dont tuck the engine wires. minimal results? pfff...

NOFX said:
To keep your head from bumping into the bar in the event of an accident. Three point restraints allow you to go side to side.
for a full out cage yes that;d be recomended, but just for a roll bar its not needed. the bar is behind you you;re not going to hit your head on it. it;d be like saying u need special harnesses since u could technically hit your head against the B pillar.

see... its really not an issue with just a roll bar, the only way u;d need safety equipment was if u have a full cage that when in along the sides of u as well.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love that roll bar....I'm gong to get one, one day.

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i love that wire tuck, I'm gonna get one, one day.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with the boost or a ncie swap the strippage would make sense. thats what their trying to say. but good start though.

PEARLelectron

Banned
itsmycookie said:
i hate the interior in my car... all it does for me is keep some insulation inthe car and makes it look pretty, but i dont really care if it looks pretty... i like metal so i like seeing the guts of the car everywhere.

actually... u can tuck the wires that run around the engine bay(like the headlights). and not really have to worry about any of that. just dont tuck the engine wires. minimal results? pfff...

for a full out cage yes that;d be recomended, but just for a roll bar its not needed. the bar is behind you you;re not going to hit your head on it. it;d be like saying u need special harnesses since u could technically hit your head against the B pillar.

see... its really not an issue with just a roll bar, the only way u;d need safety equipment was if u have a full cage that when in along the sides of u as well.

You really should put padding around that roll bar though,

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:
You really should put padding around that roll bar though,
psh.. if i get in a wreck bad enough where i have to worry about that.. i dont want to make it out.