Using OEM parts doesn't always have to be bad *56k okay*

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, changed out the cf hood for a black one and got some authentic CTR headlights:

** Sorry for all the garage pics, didnt have a chance to go out today**

BEFORE

AFTER

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
honestly, i liked the grill, hood, and headlights from "before" much much much better

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
take some pics from a distance of the front.. from those angles the "H" doesnt look too good..

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i sort of like the grill but the rest....ehh

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would of kept the old hood and grill with the authentic ctr lighta, but looks good anyway

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i actually like this better. not a huge fan of the grill but its not bad. to be honest id rather have a stock hood over a c/f one.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
i actually like this better. not a huge fan of the grill but its not bad. to be honest id rather have a stock hood over a c/f one.
Yeah, I like it better too. The only thing I changed with the grille was added the OEM "H". It comes that way on the SI models from the factory. I figure, going back to OEM, might as well put it back on.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:lol: Kind of funny that people prefer the DIY "CTRs" over the real ones.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
lol.. so does that mean you are with me or against me on the changes?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
lol.. so does that mean you are with me or against me on the changes?
I like it. You know how I am about OE parts.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
i prefer the black housings over the ctr's on his car
DIY black housing is DIY black housing on any car, i dont consider them DIY "ctr" headlights personally... especially since they look absolutely nothing like ctr headlights

and yes, i very much so prefer the looks of them over the ctr headlights on his car

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I understand that part. It's just funny to think people prefer the look of "CTR look-alikes/DIYs/replicas" over the real deal.

I guess it means he did a good job with the DIYs at least. :lol:

ryanM

$lick Rick said:
i prefer the black housings over the ctr's on his car
DIY black housing is DIY black housing on any car, i dont consider them DIY "ctr" headlights personally... especially since they look absolutely nothing like ctr headlights

and yes, i very much so prefer the looks of them over the ctr headlights on his car
his werent black housing anyway.

NOFX said:
I understand that part. It's just funny to think people prefer the look of "CTR look-alikes/DIYs/replicas" over the real deal.

I guess it means he did a good job with the DIYs at least. :lol:
it has nothing to do with looking like CTR headlights, black housing headlights look different than gunmetal housing headlights look different than CTR headlights etc etc, just because the other ones arent OEM doesnt mean they cant look better.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I like the Grill from before, and i like the Non-cf hood you have now, the headlights, 50/50, put the old grill back, and it's great. =)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:

but they are neither look-alikes nor replicas
they are simply black housing headlights.

he did a good DIY job, but the big appeal is that they look nothing like the ctr's nor do they "replicate" any styling of the ctr headlights

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so, is that the DIY looked better than the authentic CTRs, or just that the DIY lights were original and thats why it looks better before to you guys?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
so, is that the DIY looked better than the authentic CTRs, or just that the DIY lights were original and thats why it looks better before to you guys?

the "real ctr" headlights look..... well they look almost identical to stock usdm's and on a black car they are very very.... blingy?
the DIY headlights are much more muted and flow with the styling and color of your car much better

you definitely upped the chrome factor on your car 10fold, but imo that's a bad thing

i intend on doing the DIY black housing headlights and oem black mesh covers for my foglights because i feel my front end also has way too much chrome or bling factor