Using OEM parts doesn't always have to be bad *56k okay*

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dunno....I think im really feelin' the grill bro.....and the DIY headlights looked better...did you notice any light output difference...? I kinda feel that my oem headlights that i put in are kinda too blingy as well...so i think im gonna do a couple coats of some spray on tint.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
the "real ctr" headlights look..... well they look almost identical to stock usdm's and on a black car they are very very.... blingy?
the DIY headlights are much more muted and flow with the styling and color of your car much better

you definitely upped the chrome factor on your car 10fold, but imo that's a bad thing

i intend on doing the DIY black housing headlights and oem black mesh covers for my foglights because i feel my front end also has way too much chrome or bling factor
Maybe its the lighting / angle then. Cause they really arent chrome very much. Its much more of a graphite (lighter). Ill try and take some better, outside, day pics tomorrow.

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
suprisingly it does look better, though i'm a huge fan of OEM style CF hoods the oem one looks nice

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keep up the good work bro

looks damm clean and nice =)

daboyu978

Banned
NOFX said:
:lol: Kind of funny that people prefer the DIY "CTRs" over the real ones.
DIY CTR ? are u fully there ? . The DIY headlights are black housing and CTR headlights isnt black. CTR headlights would be glossy shinny gunmetal without amber corner

well i think if u have the city lights on, it would be kool.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
daboyu978 said:
DIY CTR ? are u fully there ? . The DIY headlights are black housing and CTR headlights isnt black. CTR headlights would be glossy shinny gunmetal without amber corner
She already explained it y0. :lol:

Nine78Guy said:
:word: i'm with you man...looks 100x better
how come people like your car from the front (exactly the same - minus the H) and not mine? :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
daboyu978 said:

well i think if u have the city lights on, it would be kool.
:lol: Ahhh... you make me giggle.

DIY CTRs. I didn't give them that name, but I've seen a lot of other people call them that. I never said the black housing matches the gunmetal chrome coloring on the real Honda headlights.
sk8shorty017 said:
how come people like your car from the front (exactly the same - minus the H) and not mine? :lol:
Because having a Honda is cool.... just as long as no one can tell it's a Honda. :oh:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Because having a Honda is cool.... just as long as no one can tell it's a Honda. :oh:
Having an H makes it a honda, but a front end that everyone else has too, doesnt? :what:

*edit (to everyone, not Amy) - Why take out the H? just curious. Evo's, sti's, even just lancers and wrx's have the emblem in grille and everyone thinks its hot s**t still. I think everyone is so used to taking out the H that when someone has it in, its looks "bad" cause they arent used to it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
Having an H makes it a honda, but a front end that everyone else has too, doesnt? :what:
I don't know what you mean... My post was a joke based on how some people, such as cops, will ask what kind of car you drive if you have no emblems.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I don't know what you mean... My post was a joke based on how some people, such as cops, will ask what kind of car you drive if you have no emblems.
Eh, my post above this one explains it better.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

heres another pic - even though its a shitty pic - it shows the color a lil better

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
*edit (to everyone, not Amy) - Why take out the H? just curious. Evo's, sti's, even just lancers and wrx's have the emblem in grille and everyone thinks its hot s**t still. I think everyone is so used to taking out the H that when someone has it in, its looks "bad" cause they arent used to it.
it just looks better without the chrome "H"
if i ever run across a deal, i plan on getting the liberal grill which has no front emblem

imo it looks much cleaner

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk man, its looks like s**t to me. You can see everythin in this bay, its like theres not even a grill. I think the emblem is needed to make it stand out.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
Idk man, its looks like s**t to me. You can see everythin in this bay, its like theres not even a grill. I think the emblem is needed to make it stand out.
you cant see anything in the bay

this is a bad picture, it's the same grill that was in my last post but they glued an emblem in there :???:

i really like it.... without the emblem :lol:

or i could put red hella supertones behind it :twisted: