Using OEM parts doesn't always have to be bad *56k okay*

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
On a silver car I could see that, purple and amber go nicely.... I have the lexus look on my subaru, Xenon blue headlights and yellow foggies, looks sick coming at you on the street and lights up the road nicely
i also have HID so the HID and purple LED look good together IMO.. lol

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i also have HID so the HID and purple LED look good together IMO.. lol
can you really still see the city light when you have the HID's on...? I really like city lights...i love how VW's have it...and when i found out that civics do...i went through the roof. now that i think about your car more man...I think i'd like the new better just because the headlights will be more functional than your stock ones. if you can bro, post up a pic of a wall shot so that we can see what the light output is..!

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually do have the socket / bulb in there, just not wired yet. Its a "bright" white at the moment, what color do you guys think I should do? I have white headlights / yellow fogs.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good cept i don't like the grill... and I like CF

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can hook it up so that its off when the headlights are on.. so do like a piss yellow.. lol

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
you can hook it up so that its off when the headlights are on.. so do like a piss yellow.. lol
lol i know, but why in hell piss yellow?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Matching them to your front turn signal light color might be nice.

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
:lol: Kind of funny that people prefer the DIY "CTRs" over the real ones.

i would prefer the extra 300$ in my pocket and rocking DIY ctr's. Most people have NOOOOOOO idea what ctr headlights even look like when you're driving around your town, and even if they did..i bet they couldnt pick out the DIY ones(if you did it right).

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
95gainfla said:
i would prefer the extra 300$ in my pocket and rocking DIY ctr's. Most people have NOOOOOOO idea what ctr headlights even look like when you're driving around your town, and even if they did..i bet they couldnt pick out the DIY ones(if you did it right).
Are you modifying your car for people in your town? So then why would that matter? It's supposed to be for you.

You missed the point I was trying to make.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
95gainfla said:
As you can tell, they look totally different, its a completely different look (than my old ones at least). But each to their own. IMO, theres something about having the real deal than a DIY, in most cases.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
love the new headlights but i'd leave the H emblem off the grille. maybe its just these close-up pictures but i'm always a fan of the debadged front end.

and as far as future plans: skip the interior stuff and save the money for a swap

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Are you modifying your car for people in your town? So then why would that matter? It's supposed to be for you.

You missed the point I was trying to make.

Actually..no. I just got you to make my point for me.

Except change 'town' to 'online civic forums'.;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
95gainfla said:
Actually..no. I just got you to make my point for me.

Except change 'town' to 'online civic forums'.;)
Since when did sk8shorty modify his car for this site or any other? So he wanted to show his new stuff off, to peopel who are into Civics too. Nothing unusual about that. So he was surprised that the almighty CTR headlights... actually were liked less by people than the DIYs (this is the first time I've seen people react this way before too). So I can understand his confusion over it.

Never once did he say he was going to change anything back because people on here didn't like it.

And honestly, I'd rather have real CTRs than black housing headlights on my car. What is $300 worth to me if it never leaves my pocket? So what if he would rather pay for the headlights than buy whatever it is you might buy with $300.

You might have made a point... but it wasn't a valid point for anything in this thread.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take this into accound everyone... CTR's often look really good only because it is a brand new lens... A while back we had a person on here who got brand new oem usdm civic headlights and they were pretty as hell. Why? It cause the lens was brand new.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kinda liked it better before....at least the grill.....im not a huge fan of the huge shiney H :lol: the new headlights are nice, but im with blackhope, its probbly becasue the lenses are brand new.....

my brother in law just got new lenses for his 96, and they look hawt....mostly because they are new and shiney :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
Take this into accound everyone... CTR's often look really good only because it is a brand new lens... A while back we had a person on here who got brand new oem usdm civic headlights and they were pretty as hell. Why? It cause the lens was brand new.
I just like the look of the OEMs better though... the black housing ones, even when new, I just don't like as much.

I've actually been trying to find some sets of clean OEM headlights (USDM that is). I'm having trouble finding them for a decent price though.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I

I've actually been trying to find some sets of clean OEM headlights (USDM that is). I'm having trouble finding them for a decent price though.
Im conteplating starting somthing new and getting a fresh pair of oem usdm